LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 285 users in the forums

SWAGG-filled Pre Sr. Bowl Offseason Mock

Free Agents:

Cut
BYE BYE GOLDSON!! Hawk my @55.
BYE BYE Nate. Self-proclaimed "lockdown". Pfft.
BYE BYE P-town.
BYE BYE MORON Norris

New Acquisitions
I assume we'll go hard after Nnamdi but he'll probably want to go with a proven winner.
Trade next years 2nd and this yrs 6th for Kyle Orton
QB- Drew Stanton
CB- Drayton Florence

Re-signed
LB Takeo Spikes
NT Franklin
C Bass
OLB Lawson
K Reed
DT Ray McDonald

1. Patrick Peterson CB LSU
Even if we for some reason keep Nate, we need a shutdown corner. This guy has all the tools to help our ailing secondary.

2. Jeremey Beal DE/OLB OKLAHOMA
This guy can bring the heat on the QB. One of the best pass rushers in the nation.

3. Lee Ziemba OT/OG AUBURN
He played LT in college, but i think he'd be best suited as our RG to replace the completely ineffective Rachal. Voted the top blocker in the SEC.

4. J.J Watt DE/DT Wisconsin
This guy has a non stop motor much like Justin Smith. He's dealt with some minor nagging injuries, but continued to play through them to still be productive. This guy's stock will surely rise the closer draft day.

5. Ricky Stanzi QB IOWA
I'll be honest. I realize the dude doesn't have that strong of an arm, but for the WCO, it's plenty strong. Arm strength can also improve if you put the time and effort in the weight room. Aside from that, this guy would be a sure fire 1st round pick. He has had some accuracy issues and is a bit inconsistent. I think he had a tremendous senior year and played his career at Iowa w/o much if any weapons to throw to. He's very competitive and has some of the comeback qualities that made Harbaugh so successful. You either like him or you don't.

I'm not gonna pretend i know who will be our late round picks in January.
Originally posted by SWAGG-ER:
Free Agents:

Cut
BYE BYE P-town.
BYE BYE MORON Norris

New Acquisitions
I assume we'll go hard after Nnamdi but he'll probably want to go with a proven winner.
QB- Drew Stanton
CB- Drayton Florence

Re-signed
LB Takeo Spikes
NT Franklin
C Bass
OLB Lawson
K Reed
DT Ray McDonald

Even if we for some reason keep Nate, we need a shutdown corner. This guy has all the tools to help our ailing secondary.

This guy can bring the heat on the QB. One of the best pass rushers in the nation.

He played LT in college, but i think he'd be best suited as our RG to replace the completely ineffective Rachal. Voted the top blocker in the SEC.

This guy has a non stop motor much like Justin Smith. He's dealt with some minor nagging injuries, but continued to play through them to still be productive. This guy's stock will surely rise the closer draft day.

5. Ricky Stanzi QB IOWA
I'll be honest. I realize the dude doesn't have that strong of an arm, but for the WCO, it's plenty strong. Arm strength can also improve if you put the time and effort in the weight room. Aside from that, this guy would be a sure fire 1st round pick. He has had some accuracy issues and is a bit inconsistent. I think he had a tremendous senior year and played his career at Iowa w/o much if any weapons to throw to. He's very competitive and has some of the comeback qualities that made Harbaugh so successful. You either like him or you don't.

You were doing okay until you got to J.J. Watt -- who is expected to be a first rounder. Great player, but won't be there.
  • mod
  • Veteran
who is P-town?
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Free Agents:

Cut
BYE BYE P-town.
BYE BYE MORON Norris

New Acquisitions
QB- Drew Stanton
CB- Drayton Florence

Re-signed
LB Takeo Spikes
NT Franklin
C Bass
OLB Lawson
K Reed
DT Ray McDonald

5. Ricky Stanzi QB IOWA

You were doing okay until you got to J.J. Watt -- who is expected to be a first rounder. Great player, but won't be there.

Really? I figured this year was so deep at the DE/DT position that he'd surely be pushed back. I expect him to be a 2nd rounder by the draft but had no clue he was in the discussion for 1st. Thx for the heads up!
Originally posted by modninerfan:
who is P-town?

Haralson. His teammates call him P-town. Yes his nicname is as lame as his pass rush abilities.
No to Orton, no to Stanton and Stanzi will not last till the 5th round.

hahaha i like that.

There is NO way Stanzi lasts until the 5th round.
Originally posted by backontop:
No to Orton, no to Stanton and Stanzi will not last till the 5th round.

please feel free to share your great ideas
i agree with no to orton....id rather keep our picks and sign a FA...there arent that many options out there but honestly no one is really worth giving up picks for
shouldn't peterson be gone by the time we pick???

Share 49ersWebzone