LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 271 users in the forums

Prospect Watch: BCS National Championship #1 Auburn vs. #2 Oregon

• obx49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by phiLthyphiL:
Don't think it's entirely out of the question to see Fairley at 7. With AJ Green declaring, we'll see Green, the two CB's, Dareus, Bowers, Fairley and POSSIBLY Quinn be strong likely choices all in the top 10.

I'm hoping we don't go QB in the 1st round, somehow hold out hope that we can snag one in the late 1st with a trade up or with our 2nd rounder. That way, we can't go wrong whether its d-line or CB at 7.

I think Jake Locker might slip, maybe not the second round, but in the lower half of the first where it may be possible to move up and grab him.
[ Edited by obx49 on Jan 10, 2011 at 8:21 PM ]
Don't think it's entirely out of the question to see Fairley at 7. With AJ Green declaring, we'll see Green, the two CB's, Dareus, Bowers, Fairley and POSSIBLY Quinn be strong likely choices all in the top 10.

I'm hoping we don't go QB at 7, somehow hold out hope that we can snag one in the late 1st with a trade up or with our 2nd rounder. That way, we can't go wrong whether its d-line or CB at 7.

If Car and Den both hire Defensive minded HC's, DL could be picks 1,2, and 3.
Originally posted by jimmy49erfan:
Originally posted by Jcool:
I endorse Fairley at 7.

Only way he is close to #7 is if he breaks his leg while smoking pot at the NFL combine.
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
im happy to say that no longer do i have to worry about scam newton getting drafted by baalke/harbaugh

LOL After 1 qtr dude? Hilarious!

no after the whole season, wasting a top 10 pick alone for this guy will be a f**king waste.

What during Scam's whole season has you so down on him? Curious.

he plays in a gimmick offense just like our past 1st rd pick qb and everyone seems to hate him. i question his desire to study opposing nfl defenses and learn to play qb in the nfl. you gotta be a complete desperate idiotic team to risk drafting newton in the top half or imo the 1st. dude has so much things to learn, i dont believe baalke and harbaugh will risk taking freaking newton in the 1st where there can be other qbs who can be had later and possibly be groomed and successful in the wco.

You question the Heisman trophy winners desire to study NFL defenses? You have to chuggin alot of haterade just to say that. Especially since he hasnt declared or been drafted. Its obvious you dont know what youre talking about concerning Newton. The guy went thru 3 offenses and is a main reason Auburn is the #1 team in the nation.

haterade??? oh f**king please, you must be his brother or an auburn fan. chris weinke, eric crouch, jason white, troy smith and so on won the heisman, led their teams to championships and couldnt do s**t in the nfl. its obviously your scam newton's brother, best friend forever, agent, and gf and dont know what your talking about. all this newton talk will be over as soon as we pass on his ass
  • obx49
  • Veteran
Fairley
I'm hoping we don't go QB at 7, somehow hold out hope that we can snag one in the late 1st with a trade up or with our 2nd rounder. That way, we can't go wrong whether its d-line or CB at 7.

Exactly, with the depth of QB in this draft, we can still get a great player at #7 and snag a QB in the second (or trade up if necessary). If we pick a QB at #7 I'll be pissed honestly. I'll probably become a (insert player's name)-hater automatically.
Originally posted by jreff22:

That's what I'm afraid of. Carolina has so many needs but DL seems to be a glaring weakness and with Dumervil coming back off of surgery, Denver may go DL also. After drafting Demaryius and Tebow last year, it's as close to a lock that Denver will be drafting someone along the d-line. Only question is who? I'm holding out hope that with Champ wanting to leave and Perrish Cox looking at jail-time, they'll look at Peterson at #2.
Originally posted by obx49:
Fairley

dude's a STUD
it would be a BIG surprise if fairley is available at our spot...based on todays knowledge of course.
Originally posted by jreff22:

That's what I'm afraid of. Carolina has so many needs but DL seems to be a glaring weakness and with Dumervil coming back off of surgery, Denver may go DL also. After drafting Demaryius and Tebow last year, it's as close to a lock that Denver will be drafting someone along the d-line. Only question is who? I'm holding out hope that with Champ wanting to leave and Perrish Cox looking at jail-time, they'll look at Peterson at #2.

The CB class is deep so Den can go after a CB in the top of the 2nd easily. For the price, I would rather invest in a DL that high.

Cam Newton, huh?

• Jcool
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ElDannMann:
Cam Newton, huh?

Originally posted by Jcool:
Originally posted by ElDannMann:
Cam Newton, huh?

See that fumble? Reminds me of a young and less talented Michael Vick.
  • obx49
  • Veteran
I want Oregon to tie this game so I can see how Cam Newton plays in a 2 minute offense to win the game.
Originally posted by obx49:
I want Oregon to tie this game so I can see how Cam Newton plays in a 2 minute offense to win the game.

That'd be great to see.
Share 49ersWebzone