There are 188 users in the forums

NINER QB and Chances on LUCK coming to niners in 2012? What would you do?

Need to lose almost all our games and get the first pick. However, shouldn't this be the last thing in our minds. One draft at a time is quite enough on the plate.
Next year, Luck could be the next Jake Locker. If so, everyone on this board will probably be calling him Lucker...
  • Amir
  • RIP Amir, Hall of Fame
Originally posted by 49erThrowback:
Next year, Luck could be the next Jake Locker. If so, everyone on this board will probably be calling him Lucker...

[ Edited by Amir_Mamu on Jan 11, 2011 at 6:57 PM ]
This is the time of year when 49er fans can let go of their misery and have hope again and dream big. Everyone has their favorite player they want or big name FA. Most scenarios aren't going to come true. If you don't agree with someone, move on to another thread.
It's not a stretch to think Harbaugh would try to acquire his star player that fits his offense. He may fail, but at least we have someone who will think big.
What we do in the draft this year will affect what we can do next year.
So far, I haven't seen any QB's in the draft that are a great fit.
We need someone that can step in and play this year in his offense maybe with a shortened offseason. That is what brings me to Josh Johnson. I liked him coming out of college, but we need him now that we have Harbaugh. Before Harbaugh, I hoped we could salvage Alex and not waste that pick. It's not possible and we had to move on.
Originally posted by ElDannMann:
Originally posted by CrabsAndVD:
this isnt madden no1 is gonna want to trade out of the 1st pick if luck is there

Exactly. Chances are if they're picking #1 overall they'll need a QB. Look at Carolina.

And what if by some retarded reason Luck pulls an Eli and demands a trade? Who says that team will trade him? They could hold out his rights for a year.
If a team is willing to offer a trade for our 2nd round pick, I'd probably take them up on it. Usually they are willing to give a future 1st, as did Carolina. I'd always make that trade though, regardless of Luck.

NE trades for futures picks a lot and nearly every year they're sitting pretty at the draft. They always look ahead and get the most value in the draft. They are a smart franchise.
Share 49ersWebzone