There are 57 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Which BIG receiver do you want the 9ers to land in the draft?

Which BIG receiver do you want the 9ers to land in the draft?

When was the last time we had a legit big receiver in the mold of megatron, Fitz, TO, etc...well it was TO and he did very well in the WCO :P

I think we have a good chance of getting our pick at one of these guys if we go WR in the 1st.

We have bigger needs than drafting receivers early. AJ Green would be worth it but he'll be gone.

Also TO was 6'3, not exactly that big.
I'm probably one of the few that think we have the talent at WR already in place. We should focus on developing Crabtree, Morgan, Ginn, Zeigler and Williams (along with our TEs Davis, Walker and Byham) this year and use our early picks on other pressing needs.

You can't boil the ocean in one year; it takes time to fix things, so plug the big holes first (QB, CB, pass rush, center) then address your other concerns.
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
I'm probably one of the few that think we have the talent at WR already in place. We should focus on developing Crabtree, Morgan, Ginn, Zeigler and Williams (along with our TEs Davis, Walker and Byham) this year and use our early picks on other pressing needs.

You can't boil the ocean in one year; it takes time to fix things, so plug the big holes first (QB, CB, pass rush, center) then address your other concerns.

I agree, but I'm not a big fan of Ginn.
Originally posted by ishkabibel:

I agree, but I'm not a big fan of Ginn.

As a complimentary player/special teamer, I think he's fine. If we bothered to use him correctly this past year, we might have had more success (bubble screens, end-arounds, more vertical passes).

Do you feel Center is that big of a need? Except for a few terrible snaps I thought Baas played pretty well.
Julio Jones. He just seems very explosive to me. And he uses his big body to shield defenders from the ball I especially liked this last year. I thought he was physically dominant at times.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:

Do you feel Center is that big of a need? Except for a few terrible snaps I thought Baas played pretty well.

Baas will be a UFA and doesn't have to re-sign with us.

Say he does re-sign with us. Is it a big need then?...
[ Edited by SanDiego49er on Jan 9, 2011 at 5:31 PM ]

Of course not.

Of course not.

I'm tired of O Line problems. We should get that one at least squared away and pay the guy. That way go into the draft and concentrate on other things.
we'll get another WR , 3rd round or later IMO.
Originally posted by OtisDriftwood:

I hope not, we need depth at so many other positions.
Blackmon and Green are really exciting players and I'd love to see them in a 49ers uniform. Too bad they'll possibly be the first two WRs taken.

We've got bigger needs, but it's fun to dream.
Originally posted by OtisDriftwood:

I hope not, we need depth at so many other positions.