Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

TCU's QB Andy Dalton

• Chief
  • Veteran
^^^^Wow, amazing pass!
Originally posted by Chief:
^^^^Wow, amazing pass!
Jim Harbaugh on Andy Dalton (at his Pro Day)

Quote:
San Francisco 49ers head coach Jim Harbaugh says he likes what Dalton has done in all of his games from high school to college. Harbaugh calls Dalton a him a winner.

“I asked him a question at the combine, I asked him what his leadership plan was and he gave me probably the best answer I’ve ever heard,’ Harbaugh says. “That is that his leadership plan is to know what everyone's assignment is on the field simple, to the point and really good."
Originally posted by DesiDez:

Quote:
San Francisco 49ers head coach Jim Harbaugh says he likes what Dalton has done in all of his games from high school to college. Harbaugh calls Dalton a him a winner.

“I asked him a question at the combine, I asked him what his leadership plan was and he gave me probably the best answer I’ve ever heard,’ Harbaugh says. “That is that his leadership plan is to know what everyone's assignment is on the field simple, to the point and really good."

Harbaugh should be talking down Dalton so that other teams don't jump all over him. dummy.
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:

Quote:

Harbaugh should be talking down Dalton so that other teams don't jump all over him. dummy.

Seemed like Harbs was really interested. He was right there, up in front, watching. Dalton looked pretty good. His footwork looks great.
Originally posted by SF69ers:

Quote:

Seemed like Harbs was really interested. He was right there, up in front, watching. Dalton looked pretty good. His footwork looks great.

How tall is he?
Originally posted by SF69ers:

Quote:

How tall is he?

He came into the combine at 6'2'', 215 lbs.
Dalton may have played himself out of the Niners' hands with his excellent Pro-Day workout the way I see the draft developing.

It appears that the Niners will use their number seven on something other than a corner, unless Prince just blows them away at his workout in Lincoln. That forces the Niners to use their 45th overall to draft a corner, since Clements is pretty much a goner when the CBA ink is dry and we begin to play football.

If Dalton put on an average show, he'd be considered a third rounder, maybe there at 76. Not anymore. With his superb performance, he may go in that mid-late second round area, possibly to a team like the Seahawks at 57. If he drops past the Seahawks, then a likely trade partner may be the Pats at 60, before the third round cycle begins and QB hungry teams attack.
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
Dalton may have played himself out of the Niners' hands with his excellent Pro-Day workout the way I see the draft developing.

It appears that the Niners will use their number seven on something other than a corner, unless Prince just blows them away at his workout in Lincoln. That forces the Niners to use their 45th overall to draft a corner, since Clements is pretty much a goner when the CBA ink is dry and we begin to play football.

If Dalton put on an average show, he'd be considered a third rounder, maybe there at 76. Not anymore. With his superb performance, he may go in that mid-late second round area, possibly to a team like the Seahawks at 57. If he drops past the Seahawks, then a likely trade partner may be the Pats at 60, before the third round cycle begins and QB hungry teams attack.

If we want Dalton, the best case scenario could be trading back in the 1st. I think we need to strongly consider fielding all the calls we can get. If we get lucky, we could snag exactly who we want with all three picks (after trade) in rounds one and two. And regardless, if we trade back we're still going to land an outstanding player.

It's obvious we absolutely need to take at least two -- and preferably all -- of these positions within the first three rounds: QB, OLB, CB.

If we trade back, we could feasibly land those three plus a monster receiving threat (Julio Jones, A.J. Green though unlikley), or a terrific DE.

All speculative.

Besides, you act like the 49ers are actually going to use all 10 draft picks. It's called trading. Baalke has shown he's a big believer in trading for players they want.

Quote:

Harbaugh has never been one to shy away from how he truly feels. He's a no BS guy. That's why i think he's genuine about Alex Smith and after hearing him gush about Dalton, one has to think he's high on the list of priorities.

Or maybe Harb has a thing for gingers. Who really knows?
Originally posted by SWAGG-ER:

All speculative.

Besides, you act like the 49ers are actually going to use all 10 draft picks. It's called trading. Baalke has shown he's a big believer in trading for players they want.

True, but IMO the big question is that trades involving excisting team members[ as part of a draft day deal] will be completely eliminated because of no CBA. Thus limiting a large number of options teams will have on D-Day
Originally posted by highway49:
Originally posted by SWAGG-ER:

All speculative.

True, but IMO the big question is that trades involving excisting team members[ as part of a draft day deal] will be completely eliminated because of no CBA. Thus limiting a large number of options teams will have on D-Day

It's very rare that players are traded on draft day in a normal year, mainly due to teams needing a medical background.
only thing that is bothering me is that Harbaugh made some positive public comments about AN... makes me think he is really interested in someone else in the 2nd perhaps Ponder

I am not sure when Ponder has his pro day but it will be intersting to see if Harbaugh goes and makes and statements about him
Harbaugh is a smart man, he will not tip anything to anyone... So, in the case of Dalton, he is not Harbaugh's choice.

My guess is Harbaugh is gonna go get GABBERT! Trade away a 4th round pick and move up a bit past AZ and get GABBERT.