LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 293 users in the forums

Queretano's 2.0 Mock Draft

The HC is set, also if Fangio is going to be the DC or even if Manusky sticks we're going to run a 3-4 base D, I hope Shaw will come along

1 Jake Locker QB Was
New regimes demands new QBs, if someone could make Locker fulfill his potential is Harbaugh, He looks a lot like Jake Plummer IMO, good mobility, throws very well on the run, needs to work on his zip and improve his completion rate, but in the WCO should excel.
2 Pernell McPhee DE Miss St
Still new in the nuances of football, has only played one year of high school football, All American JUCO player, has the potential, size and IMO hungry to contribute and become a force in the D line
3 Ben Ijalana OG Villanova
Rachal hasn’t lived his potential, small school gem, good size, long arms.
4 Chykie Brown CB Texas
The injury could make him slide to us at 4th, solid program, good resume and value pick
4 Rashad Carmichael CB VT
Although raw and merely average physically Carmichael possesses some intriguing physical tools as well as the top-notch intangibles 5 Phil Taylor DT Baylor
Excellent size, can clog the middle, lacks stamina, and need to refine technique also some character issues but with proper coaching could really help at NT.
6 Ryan Whalen WR Stanford
Two years leading receiver of his team, doesn’t have the senior season expected to make noice on draft day, runs good routes, reminds me a little of Cincy’s Jordan Shipley.
6 Vai Taua RB Nevada
Good numbers in college
7 Ryan Jones CB Northwest Missouri St
Small school CB, there’s not reach at 7th; has the size, speed and is dominant at his level
7 D.J. Smith OLB Appalachian St
Small pond big fish
I really don't want Locker, he has bust written all over him
Phil Taylor does not lack stamina. I watched him bring it every play for Baylor, particularly in their bowl game. He has done an excellent job of keeping his conditioning and weight in check and sits at 6-4 330 pounds right now and is rated as a borderline 1st rounder - 2nd round pick. He likely will be gone by the 2nd round, as he is considered the best 3-4 NT prospect in the entire draft at this time.
Originally posted by OregonDuckNiner:

I tought that too, but after seing some tape of him, his passes lacks some zip and sometimes he puts a lot in some ahort throws, but with proper coaching He could grow in a great player.

The good is that is very mobile and throws great on the run, that's the Jake Plummer similarity( i remember Bill Walsh was very high on the Snake Plummer)
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Phil Taylor does not lack stamina. I watched him bring it every play for Baylor, particularly in their bowl game. He has done an excellent job of keeping his conditioning and weight in check and sits at 6-4 330 pounds right now and is rated as a borderline 1st rounder - 2nd round pick. He likely will be gone by the 2nd round, as he is considered the best 3-4 NT prospect in the entire draft at this time.
I think he's the 7-8 DT in the draft and more of a middle round prospect, but you're more informed on him, maybe you're right
Originally posted by queretano:

I tought that too, but after seing some tape of him, his passes lacks some zip and sometimes he puts a lot in some ahort throws, but with proper coaching He could grow in a great player.

The good is that is very mobile and throws great on the run, that's the Jake Plummer similarity( i remember Bill Walsh was very high on the Snake Plummer)

I gotta agree with OregonDuckNiner. Locker is this years Tim Tebow. I saw him play in person (if you can call it that) at the Holiday Bowl and have watched several of UW's games the past couple of years. The Holiday bowl basically showed me he is not able to elevate the players around him in the passing game. He had 5 completions the whole game. Thats not gonna cut it. They won on his running ability which is not gonna translate to the pros as much because he does not have elite speed. He has no pocket presence and makes horrible decisions. This team is built to win now and does not need a project at QB like Locker. I wouldn't touch him before the 3rd round.
Originally posted by E-49er:
Originally posted by queretano:

I gotta agree with OregonDuckNiner. Locker is this years Tim Tebow. I saw him play in person (if you can call it that) at the Holiday Bowl and have watched several of UW's games the past couple of years. The Holiday bowl basically showed me he is not able to elevate the players around him in the passing game. He had 5 completions the whole game. Thats not gonna cut it. They won on his running ability which is not gonna translate to the pros as much because he does not have elite speed. He has no pocket presence and makes horrible decisions. This team is built to win now and does not need a project at QB like Locker. I wouldn't touch him before the 3rd round.

Well put, he lacks the "athletic instincts" that Harbaugh spoke about at his opening press conference.
Share 49ersWebzone