LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 433 users in the forums

First round idea

Originally posted by nvninerfan1:
Want a WCO offense QB to draft, how about Andy Dalton. 4 year starter (rare now)
who can read offenses and just needs to learn footwork.

Here is Andy Dalton's scouting report from draftcountdown.com. the only thing that worries me is that it questions his athleticism and that he wasn't asked to make a lot of NFL throws. Does that concern anyone else? It also says he is likely destined to be a backup but that is impossible to tell.

http://www.draftcountdown.com/ScoutingReports/QB/Andy-Dalton.php
Originally posted by GorefullBore:
Originally posted by nvninerfan1:
Want a WCO offense QB to draft, how about Andy Dalton. 4 year starter (rare now)
who can read offenses and just needs to learn footwork.

Here is Andy Dalton's scouting report from draftcountdown.com. the only thing that worries me is that it questions his athleticism and that he wasn't asked to make a lot of NFL throws. Does that concern anyone else? It also says he is likely destined to be a backup but that is impossible to tell.

http://www.draftcountdown.com/ScoutingReports/QB/Andy-Dalton.php

I know just because he wasn't asked to do some things doesn't mean that he cannot do them. I also take what Scott Wright says with a grain of salt. He is all up in Lockers jock strap, so I don't know how objective he is. I didn't get the chance to see any TCU games and unfourtunatly I missed their bowl game as well, so if anyone can offer any more info I'd appreciate it. Thanks.

[ Edited by GorefullBore on Jan 9, 2011 at 02:58:53 ]
They haven't updated their mock since Dec 3? And they have the 9ers taking Locker at #7. Perhaps he will turn out to be great but he doesn't impress me as a high 1st rounder.
Originally posted by dtg_9er:
They haven't updated their mock since Dec 3? And they have the 9ers taking Locker at #7. Perhaps he will turn out to be great but he doesn't impress me as a high 1st rounder.

Locker doesn't impress me eithter. I was just trying to draw some question to Scott Wright's projections.
Share 49ersWebzone