LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 283 users in the forums

First round idea

#7: Prince Amukamara (or peterson if he falls, which is unlikely)

-Trade 2011 and 2012 second round picks to jump back into first round (around pick 20)

#20: Jake Locker QB

If this were to happen, we would need to sign a veteran qb to start next season while harbaugh grooms locker.

I know there arent a lot of Locker supporters here, but as the projected first pick overall last season he certainly has some talent. I believe he would fit well into the WCO.

What do you guys think?

EDIT: Meant to say, 2011 & 2012 second round picks, my b

[ Edited by cory4903 on Jan 8, 2011 at 20:07:42 ]
we might be able to get Locker with our 7th pick in the 2nd round.

but im not a fan of him, im just saying
Originally posted by TheGoldenState:

not way he lasts that long
Originally posted by AC49er:

not way he lasts that long

Yeah now maybe since Luck said hes not declaring for the draft, but I wouldnt be surprised..
So you want us to go back in time to last year and trade our 2nd rounder?

I only approve of this idea if we sign a time machine in Free Agency.
Trade our first this year for a first next year. Use our two firsts next year to trade into the top spot for Luck.

[ Edited by chico49erfan on Jan 8, 2011 at 17:31:30 ]
Originally posted by captnkos:
Trade our first this year for a first next year. Use our two firsts next year to trade into the top spot for Luck.

Assuming Luck plays as well as he has barring no injuries next season, I don't think the top team will cough up their first pick.
Originally posted by YungAce:
Originally posted by captnkos:

Assuming Luck plays as well as he has barring no injuries next season, I don't think the top team will cough up their first pick.

agreed, i think we can forget about getting luck, and attempting to set ourselves up for a chance to get him will only hurt our team in the long run.

I know its tough for people, but its time to move on
Originally posted by niner4life21:
So you want us to go back in time to last year and trade our 2nd rounder?

I only approve of this idea if we sign a time machine in Free Agency.

Maybe he's refering to Taylor Mays

The strengths of this draft are DT, QB, WR and OT. So, if the 9ers want to get a fire breathing pass rusher it looks like the first round. There will be QBs and WR in the 2-4 rounds that are good. CB is not very strong either so they should take the best CB or pass rusher available. Harbaugh is sharp enough to know any rookie QB coming in would have a very difficult time starting.

Locker won't be there in the 2nd round. Plus we don't have #7 in the 2nd round.
Want a WCO offense QB to draft, how about Andy Dalton. 4 year starter (rare now)
who can read offenses and just needs to learn footwork.
Originally posted by dtg_9er:
The strengths of this draft are DT, QB, WR and OT. So, if the 9ers want to get a fire breathing pass rusher it looks like the first round. There will be QBs and WR in the 2-4 rounds that are good. CB is not very strong either so they should take the best CB or pass rusher available. Harbaugh is sharp enough to know any rookie QB coming in would have a very difficult time starting.

we should sign Lamar Woodley and Cromartie and draft a CB #7. Sign a vet QB (I like Orton) to start for now and let Harbaugh pick his QB in round 2
Originally posted by genus49:

Locker won't be there in the 2nd round. Plus we don't have #7 in the 2nd round.

And Roger's was never to slip to the packers. Some teams need qb's but if your pick that late in the round normally you don't, extra slip at that point until round 2!
We have 10 picks we can trade up at any point in the second round!

[ Edited by TheGoldDiggerrrr on Jan 8, 2011 at 20:23:54 ]
Share 49ersWebzone