LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 215 users in the forums

Michael Floyd

Whatever happen to Michael Floyd. I remember he was 1 of the best receivers in college football. But now all i hear is Aj Green and Julio Jones. Just wondering why Floyd dropped.

Originally posted by MOEMONEY87:
Whatever happen to Michael Floyd. I remember he was 1 of the best receivers in college football. But now all i hear is Aj Green and Julio Jones. Just wondering why Floyd dropped.

floyd in the second
Originally posted by philosoraptor:
Originally posted by MOEMONEY87:

floyd in the second
I've seen a few mocks with him in the late first.
  • evil
  • Veteran
Is staying at ND.
Originally posted by KRS-1:
Is staying at ND.

What do you think about that decision as far as his NFL prospects? Guess next year there wont' be so many other wr's in front of him. And if I'm not mistaken couldn't he have come out last year aswell or was he a sophmore?

I like him a lot.
  • evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by lamontb:
Is staying at ND.

What do you think about that decision as far as his NFL prospects? Guess next year there wont' be so many other wr's in front of him. And if I'm not mistaken couldn't he have come out last year aswell or was he a sophmore?

I like him a lot.

As far as ND goes, this is huge. ND fans should be rejoicing his return.

As a prospect, right now at best he was a late first rounder. Next year he will be top 3 in his class (as of right now). I think his 40 time will be very telling for him, at best I see a 4.45ish at worst a 4.6, he won't be blowing people away with his 40 time but with continued work on his hands and route running he can def. make a run for 1st WR off the board. Going back was a smart move considering the talent declaring for this year.

He wasn't eligible last year. He was a true sophomore.
Is staying at ND.

I like him a lot.

As a prospect, right now at best he was a late first rounder. Next year he will be top 3 in his class (as of right now). I think his 40 time will be very telling for him, at best I see a 4.45ish at worst a 4.6, he won't be blowing people away with his 40 time but with continued work on his hands and route running he can def. make a run for 1st WR off the board. Going back was a smart move considering the talent declaring for this year.

Ok I'm not really worried about his .40 time. I like how he goes after the ball and attacks it. Niners need a deep threat, and it isn't about blazing speed. They need a guy who can win jump ball situations.
  • evil
  • Veteran
Is staying at ND.

I like him a lot.

Ok I'm not really worried about his .40 time. I like how he goes after the ball and attacks it. Niners need a deep threat, and it isn't about blazing speed. They need a guy who can win jump ball situations.

Nor am I, bit there are many who put a lot of stock into 40 times. He plays fastest enough on tape, attacks the ball like you said, knows how to use his body to shield defenders, blocks and is strong enough to not get jammed at the LOS. He has dropped some easy ones, and still needs to improve route running though.
I am glad he's returning. That makes their offense that much more explosive. He reminds me of a smaller (no roids) David Boston.

• mayo49
  • Veteran
What's the 40 time on this kid. Too, lazy to look it up.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
He is staying in school lock thread please :D

Share 49ersWebzone