There are 91 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

My offseason Goal

Sign/trade for a veteran Qb like Kevin Kolb, Donovan Mcnabb, Jason Campbell. With the 1st rd pick go CB or OLB, pick up a qb mid rounds and maybe look at the qbs in the 1st rd next year.
Trade for Kolb

Draft Peterson/Amukamara if they fall

Not sure where Stanzi is projected but he would be a great pickup after the 1st Round
Originally posted by YungAce:
Trade for Kolb

Not sure where Stanzi is projected but he would be a great pickup after the 1st Round

Kolb is more valuable to the Eagles than any other team and they'll demand too much to get him. Plus the guy just isn't that good. He's had some great games but e's also had some very bad games.

Stanzi imo shouldn't be touched before the 4th round.
Originally posted by genus49:
Trade for Kolb

Kolb is more valuable to the Eagles than any other team and they'll demand too much to get him. Plus the guy just isn't that good. He's had some great games but e's also had some very bad games.

McNabb and Orton are a few other options. I honestly haven't seen much of Stanzi, but when I have he's been spot on. His mechanics seem really smooth, and he's impressed me more than many of the projected 1st Rounders. What's keeping him from becoming an early round pick?

And do you think it's possible for Harbaugh to develop him into a quality starter in the future?

THANK YOU BASED GOD

[ Edited by YungAce on Jan 8, 2011 at 19:18:34 ]
I think the Niners will look to free agency, maybe for a QB like Dennis Dixon, and then use a mid-round draft pick for a QB.

McNabb will probably be released, and become a free agent.
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
I think the Niners will look to free agency, maybe for a QB like Dennis Dixon, and then use a mid-round draft pick for a QB.

no way we take a flyer on someone like Dennis Dixon as starter #2 maybe.

Harbaugh knows the QB failures are a huge part of what sunk the 9ers ship. He's going to do this right and get a solid vet like Orton/Kolb/McNabb and draft a QB he likes to develope.

McNabb and Orton are a few other options. I honestly haven't seen much of Stanzi, but when I have he's been spot on. His mechanics seem really smooth, and he's impressed me more than many of the projected 1st Rounders. What's keeping him from becoming an early round pick?

And do you think it's possible for Harbaugh to develop him into a quality starter in the future?

THANK YOU BASED GOD

I would definitely look at McNabb as he wouldn't cost much and knows WCO from Philly and wouldn't cost us a draft pick.

I like Orton but once again not too high on trading draft picks for a guy who's not as good as his numbers indicate.

As for Stanzi, like I said it's my opinion but while he's a solid QB and has good leadership qualities I just don't think he has the tools to be drafted that high. His arm strength is ok, nothing great. His accuracy while improved this year still leaves a lot to be desired.

He's also not very athletic so you can't really count on him to give you anything running the ball and while I know that's not crucial for a QB it's certainly a plus.

Pretty much the guy is one of those low ceiling, low risk type of players. You get a solid QB but he'll probably never be a big time QB.
Originally posted by matt49er:
Originally posted by MadDog49er:

no way we take a flyer on someone like Dennis Dixon as starter #2 maybe.

Harbaugh knows the QB failures are a huge part of what sunk the 9ers ship. He's going to do this right and get a solid vet like Orton/Kolb/McNabb and draft a QB he likes to develope.

Orton: Can't see the team trading draft picks for a so-so player when there are so many other needs in this draft.
Kolb: See above, but add even more draft picks that would need to be traded away.
McNabb: Investing in McNabb would remind me of the Niners investing in OJ Simpson long, long ago. A beat-up player on a slippery-slope downside of his career and with a suspect work ethic.

I'm with MadDog on this one.

[ Edited by 49erThrowback on Jan 9, 2011 at 05:49:50 ]
Originally posted by genus49:
Trade for Kolb

finally someone who agrees with me....his offense is sick and he has awful career numbers.....not to mention his first career pass was an INT