LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 306 users in the forums

Trade away our second??

If the Niners wanted to set themselves up to take a run at Luck next season I could see them entertaining the idea of trading away our second pick again. It would give us a second first round pick in 2012 and possibly the ammunition to be used to jump up and get him.

I know it's a huge guessing game with lots of unknowns but you have to think they'll atleast talk about it.

Finally, with a looming hold out on the horizon this might be the best year to forgo some players for the following season.

I think the Niners could take a run at a veteran in the league this year and forgo the QB talent available. Maybe Orton or McNabb, who knows.

[ Edited by Shorteous on Jan 8, 2011 at 05:33:31 ]
Forget Luck please I pray I don't have to hear about him anymore.

If he stinks this year he'll become Jake Locker 2.0. If he dominates, he'll go #1 and we won't have a shot at him. There will be no "jumping up and getting him" regardless cuz either his stock will fall, or he'll be untouchable like he would have been this year, had he come out.

If we're trading our 2nd rounder it should be for this man...

[ Edited by 49erFaithful6 on Jan 8, 2011 at 05:39:41 ]
I woud love to be able to draft Luck, but Harbaugh doesn't seem like the type of coach that would wait a year in order to get a player, I think he'll try to get his franchise QB this year, seems like he'll want to win right away, obviously.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
Forget Luck please I pray I don't have to hear about him anymore.

If he stinks this year he'll become Jake Locker 2.0. If he dominates, he'll go #1 and we won't have a shot at him. There will be no "jumping up and getting him" regardless cuz either his stock will fall, or he'll be untouchable like he would have been this year, had he come out.

If we're trading our 2nd rounder it should be for this man...

This.
Call me crazy, but I am not sold on any of the QB's coming out. It seems to me that we could be drafting a QB at the wrong time again and maybe we should be patient. I am all for bringing in an experienced veteran that hold the spot for a few years and being patient about grabbing out QB.

Three notable QB available are McNabb, Orton, and Cobb. Cobb probably costing the most. If we got McNabb or Orton and got a extra first next year it would give us the room to target the QB we want. It may or may not be luck, there's a good chance luck will be top 10 next year but not 1 overall and there could be somebody else.

Just saying, I"m not sure drafting a QB in the first is the right decision atm.

I don't believe Kolb can be had for a second anyway.

[ Edited by Shorteous on Jan 8, 2011 at 06:44:17 ]
Originally posted by Shorteous:
Call me crazy, but I am not sold on any of the QB's coming out. It seems to me that we could be drafting a QB at the wrong time again and maybe we should be patient. I am all for bringing in an experienced veteran that hold the spot for a few years and being patient about grabbing out QB.

Three notable QB available are McNabb, Orton, and Cobb. Cobb probably costing the most. If we got McNabb or Orton and got a extra first next year it would give us the room to target the QB we want. It may or may not be luck, there's a good chance luck will be top 10 next year but not 1 overall and there could be somebody else.

how do you figure any of them are available

all are still under contract....orton is the only one who has been given a price tag for him. kolb probably wont even be traded usless wow'd and not much has been mentioned about mcnabb as of yet
Originally posted by TalkinBoutWILLIS:
Originally posted by Shorteous:

how do you figure any of them are available

all are still under contract....orton is the only one who has been given a price tag for him. kolb probably wont even be traded usless wow'd and not much has been mentioned about mcnabb as of yet

I don't, but I think we can make an educated guess on those and see that they have the highest probability. There is also Vince Young but I don't think he has the work ethic to even raise the eye brow of Harbaugh/
Share 49ersWebzone