There are 67 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

AJ Green

Originally posted by sfout:
Originally posted by 80849er4life:
Originally posted by TMays_isaBEAST23:
Id rather take Julio Jones rather than AJ Green IMO.

That is one bad attempt at a joke sir.

Its not, IMO, I think hes gonna be a better player. Both of them havent played a down in the NFL so we can only say what we think.

..........(LONG SIGH)

How often are they wrong when they say this is the best guy since this guy?

A.J. Green is being said to be a better player then Calvin Johson and on par with Moss when he came in the game. Julio will be a "hands" guy in like 3 years and not be a physical guy at all.

Maybe Im biast but I watched a pretty decent amount of games of both teams and I saw better things out of Julio than I saw from AJ, but both came from the SEC and had each share of moments, so I guess Id be happy with either one, since AJ's getting compared to Clavin Johnson and Randy Moss.
Wuldn't be upset if we took him. Doesn't he return punts & some kickoffs too?
We wont be spending 12 mil between two wrs that is not common and even if we do no team can keep two really good high salary players on their team for a long time. Their are exceptions like freeny mathis urlacher briggs but two wrs.....nope. If we do take aj then we would have to get a fa cb and de olb or draft one at each position which would both be unproven. That would really suck.
Out of qb de olb and cb we need to get two experienced and one rookie.....we cant be starting two of the three as rookies and be ok as a team....it rarely works out
Now that Carson Palmer decided to put his home up for sale as part of his demand to be traded or he will retire, the Bengals organization can decide to draft a QB at #4. This could cause AJ Green to drop to #7. Would you pull the trigger on Green?
Originally posted by LionHeartofGold:
Now that Carson Palmer decided to put his home up for sale as part of his demand to be traded or he will retire, the Bengals organization can decide to draft a QB at #4. This could cause AJ Green to drop to #7. Would you pull the trigger on Green?

Opposite way around Palmer is unhappy to make him happy they'll draft green

[ Edited by 49ersalldaway126 on Feb 9, 2011 at 17:12:59 ]
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:

hell no, i hope we take green if hes available at 7

So you would curse the earth if we decide Julio Jones over AJ Green?

Id drop kick Baalke in the face then id stomp his neck when hes down. If he passed up Green. Peterson too.
He's cold

Its not, IMO, I think hes gonna be a better player. Both of them havent played a down in the NFL so we can only say what we think.

..........(LONG SIGH)

A.J. Green is being said to be a better player then Calvin Johson and on par with Moss when he came in the game. Julio will be a "hands" guy in like 3 years and not be a physical guy at all.

"The experts" are wrong all the time and you shouldn't be basing any point of yours on what they say. I would even take Green over Julio. But your reasoning as to why is off.
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:

hell no, i hope we take green if hes available at 7

I agree it.. AJ Green is may the best top
If V miller, Peterson, Bowers, and Quinn are gone, I'm hoping we trade back and accumulate more picks in the first 2-3 rounds.

Arguably the two most talented receivers of the last decade; TO and Randy Moss have zero rings. My point being, we can find a big, strong receiver that fits the WCO, in later rounds. If we had to take a WR first, I'd trade back and go with Julio Jones. He's a good fit for our new offense and the kid is going to be a stud. He could very easily be a better pro than AJ Green.

[ Edited by 9erguy on Feb 9, 2011 at 17:53:40 ]
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:

..........(LONG SIGH)

"The experts" are wrong all the time and you shouldn't be basing any point of yours on what they say. I would even take Green over Julio. But your reasoning as to why is off.

Thank you, finnaly someone agrees with me that just cause you copy what other people say doesnt mean it's right. Fricken Monday morning QB's make me sick.
For sure. Julio didn't get as many opportunities in college. I actually think he'll be teamed up with Bradford in the STL. Not looking forward to that at all. Of course that depends on if the shams believe Danario Alexander can stay healthy.

1a Julio Jones
1b AJ Green
Are we detroit now? Two wrs with top ten picks two out of three years in a row.....dont think so. If we didnt spend a high pick on crabtree then we might but i think we wont bc we feel our wrs will he good with a better qb ol and system under harbaugh.
Are we detroit now? Two wrs with top ten picks two out of three years in a row.....dont think so. If we didnt spend a high pick on crabtree then we might but i think we wont bc we feel our wrs will he good with a better qb ol and system under harbaugh.
Originally posted by elguapo:

we do have bigger needs but if available how do you pass up on possibly the best player in the draft.....we have major qb needs...we can sneak by if we have crabtree vernon and green all starters.