LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 227 users in the forums

AJ Green

I would take him no doubt but I think the Bengals will grab him.
Originally posted by ChaunceyGardner:
I would take him no doubt but I think the Bengals will grab him.
i'd rather try to trade down a little bit...a guy like tolliver would be enough, imo.
  • pd24
  • Veteran
I think we have to take him at 7 if he is there. Especially if we are going to have a young Qb or an older average QB. Our offense would be a big time force with Green and now that we also have an offensive minded coach.

I know Harbaugh likes 2 TE sets and loves to mix up formations. Imagin having Green, Crabtree, Davis, and Walker on the field at the same time. Green is a big tall true number 1 and I think he is faster than Crabs.
we have too many other needs...

If we were rebuilding and needed to take the player with the best overall talent, then yes. But we are close to becoming a good team and need to start filling holes instead of drafting for talent
Originally posted by OregonDuckNiner:
we have too many other needs...

If we were rebuilding and needed to take the player with the best overall talent, then yes. But we are close to becoming a good team and need to start filling holes instead of drafting for talent

we have a morgan starting. he gave up on a millions balls last year. AJ Green and Crabtree would be awesome with VD and Delanie or Ginn on the field. hes a huge receiver with good speed and excellent hands. we have a few holes but a guy like green would really help a young QB
I'm all for taking Green if he is there at #7. Crabtree isn't tall, isn't fast, has had trouble learning routes and his hands aren't as good as were advertised. Green could be another Andre Johnson-type player and you don't pass those guys up, even if you have other needs.
Id rather take Julio Jones rather than AJ Green IMO.
Originally posted by 80849er4life:

hell no, i hope we take green if hes available at 7

That is one bad attempt at a joke sir.
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:

hell no, i hope we take green if hes available at 7

So you would curse the earth if we decide Julio Jones over AJ Green?

Originally posted by TMays_isaBEAST23:

Its not, IMO, I think hes gonna be a better player. Both of them havent played a down in the NFL so we can only say what we think.
if peterson and the big 3 DL are gone and Aj falls, he would be MASSIVE trade bait
  • sfout
  • Veteran

Its not, IMO, I think hes gonna be a better player. Both of them havent played a down in the NFL so we can only say what we think.

..........(LONG SIGH)

How often are they wrong when they say this is the best guy since this guy?

A.J. Green is being said to be a better player then Calvin Johson and on par with Moss when he came in the game. Julio will be a "hands" guy in like 3 years and not be a physical guy at all.
Originally posted by sfout:

..........(LONG SIGH)

A.J. Green is being said to be a better player then Calvin Johson and on par with Moss when he came in the game. Julio will be a "hands" guy in like 3 years and not be a physical guy at all.

I agree you can't say Green is better than the guys listed, but he sure plays a lot like those guys did in college and has amazing physical tools.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by RedWaltz24:
Originally posted by sfout:

..........(LONG SIGH)

I agree you can't say Green is better than the guys listed, but he sure plays a lot like those guys did in college and has amazing physical tools.

Green a phenomenal college player, I would take him over our need of a better pass rusher or CB any day. However I really can't bring myself to commit to the idea of us picking him even if he fell I know we could get some great WRs later for a lot cheaper.
Share 49ersWebzone