LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 245 users in the forums

AJ Green

Now speaking as a Georgia Tech fan, this guy is a pain in the @$$ but if we sit at seven, I wouldn't mind drafting this man. I know we have quarterback issues but if we decide not to go quarterback in the first round or we sign a decent vet that the niners feel comfortable with, I'm liking the thought of AJ green, Crabs, Gore and Vernon all on the field.
if Green is still there at 7 we really have to take him.
If Peterson or Prince Amukamara or Gabbert all arent there id take him.
There is no way he falls out of the top 5 man
Originally posted by HessianDud:
if Green is still there at 7 we really have to take him.

Absolutely.

I don't think there's a chance in the cotton-pickin' world that we'd ever have a shot at him, but if he's there.. don't be stupid.. take him!
if the top 2 cbs arent there and a qb harbaugh feels has everything hes looking for is not there than hell f**king yeah we better take him
Originally posted by Kiwihill:

I agree but perhaps we luck out and he sneaks out Crabtree style!
Originally posted by TheGoldDiggerrrr:

Agreed, unless something drastic happens between now and the draft. If the two CBs and the QB is taken, I think you'll see the 49ers trade down, aquire more picks, let Harbaugh get "his type" of players in here.
With the 1st pick in the 2011 NFL draft, the Carolina Panthers select....

• mike
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:

They could really use bowers, but yeah they probably go for AJ there because it's the more exciting pick, they do need to sell seats someday. Or they maybe trade down and grab another qb, and hopefully find a WR in the 2nd.
  • evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by mike:
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:

They could really use bowers, but yeah they probably go for AJ there because it's the more exciting pick, they do need to sell seats someday. Or they maybe trade down and grab another qb, and hopefully find a WR in the 2nd.

They could take Fairley as well.

The thing with Carolina is, they have no 2nd round pick and likely little to no options to trade now. They will receive a comp pick for Peppers and it may very well be a 3rd rounder. But at this point IMHO the pick could be Bowers, Fairley or Green with Newton possibly being the darkhorse.
assuming both CB are gone AJ Green is the only offensive player i wouldnt have a problem with at 7. i really dont like the qb's here at 7. maybe its just cuz we wasted a 1 not to long ago idk but 7 seems to early.

id be happy with aj green at 7 but id personally love to trade down in this situation instead and maybe get an extra pick or two.

likelihood of that happening well who knows but that would be an awesome scenario
Originally posted by TalkinBoutWILLIS:
assuming both CB are gone AJ Green is the only offensive player i wouldnt have a problem with at 7. i really dont like the qb's here at 7. maybe its just cuz we wasted a 1 not to long ago idk but 7 seems to early.

id be happy with aj green at 7 but id personally love to trade down in this situation instead and maybe get an extra pick or two.

likelihood of that happening well who knows but that would be an awesome scenario

He's a Beast. No way he falls past the 5th pick.
Originally posted by KRS-1:

They could take Fairley as well.

The thing with Carolina is, they have no 2nd round pick and likely little to no options to trade now. They will receive a comp pick for Peppers and it may very well be a 3rd rounder. But at this point IMHO the pick could be Bowers, Fairley or Green with Newton possibly being the darkhorse.
walterfootball says that 1st ovr is always bpa over need, so it should be green...the problem is that the panthers already have enough wr-rookies. (with a cba) they should go for one or even two WR in the FA.
the next problem is that guys like fairley arent that far away from being bpa...and the panthers have a BIG need at DT. if they stay in the 4-3, they have to draft a DT...they could do that in the 3rd-round b/c i think that a good 2nd-round dt-prospect will be available there...but now they have a chance to take a nice prospect with their 1st-rounder.
if they switch to 3-4, then i dont know...could fairley play NT?

according to http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/team-needs/NFC/South
they need DEs as well??? a guy named charles johnson played well at DE and newbies like greg hardy emerged...is this site very trustful???
answer: no, it isnt...look at our need-level at FS
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/team-needs/NFC/West
Share 49ersWebzone