There are 295 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

So, with Harbaugh/ West Coast offense taking over...

Do you guys see any QB(s) in the draft that could excel in this system? I originally was a fan of Mallet but after seeing him in the bowl game I don't think he's right for this team. We need someone who can expand the pocket and is somewhat mobile. Accuracy is also vitally important...don't necessarily need somebody with a cannon for an arm that can throw bombs.

Any ideas?
I originally liked Mallet to, he has all the physical skills to be a franchise QB. But not being able to ice the game from the 15 against OSU kinda scared me a little bit. I mean u couldn't ask for a better opportunity to win that game.

I think the kid from Mizzo would be a good west coast fit. Accurate from short to intermediate and has a good arm that can stretch the field. I think Cam Newton will be a BEAST in any system also.
Originally posted by duceduce2:
I originally liked Mallet to, he has all the physical skills to be a franchise QB. But not being able to ice the game from the 15 against OSU kinda scared me a little bit. I mean u couldn't ask for a better opportunity to win that game.

I think the kid from Mizzo would be a good west coast fit. Accurate from short to intermediate and has a good arm that can stretch the field. I think Cam Newton will be a BEAST in any system also.

I really, really want no part of Cam Newton. It wasn't even the last drive of the game that killed Mallet for me, it's just the fact that he's a completely different QB whenever he faces ANY pressure. If he has to move around or outside the pocket he makes BIG mistakes. I'm not sure if coaches can really fix that in his mechanics or if it's just one of those natural things about him that he's always going to do.

There's also been talks of him having immaturity/ attitude problems, but I don't buy into all that. He got a DUI and everyone started talking about it and freaking out, I just chalk that up as an immature college kid being an immature college kid.
Im not a big fan of stanzi but i think he might fit well with Harbaugh. we could probably get him in the middle rounds.
Originally posted by nevadalove9ers2:
Im not a big fan of stanzi but i think he might fit well with Harbaugh. we could probably get him in the middle rounds.

This
I like Nick Foles a lot but I don't think he's coming out :(

I think Locker could still develop into a very good WCO QB but I wouldn't take him without trading down.
Originally posted by genus49:
I like Nick Foles a lot but I don't think he's coming out :(

I think Locker could still develop into a very good WCO QB but I wouldn't take him without trading down.

Agreed on Locker. I wonder what Harbaugh thinks about him.
Mallet may grade higher than most this year, but he doesn't fit the system at all. I like Newton as an athlete but don't see him transitioning to a WCO QB very easily, and I can't justify that high of a pick on a project.

Gabbert and Locker could be good fits.

I'll agree that Stanzi could be a great mid/late round edition. I'll add that Dalton seems like a guy that has enough mobility and definitely has the intangibles.

I'll add that Colin Kaepernick intrigues me as a WCO project. He's extremely raw, but could be molded into something special given his talent and work ethic. At worst he looks like an excellent wildcat/gadget play role player.
Originally posted by thejackal25:
Mallet may grade higher than most this year, but he doesn't fit the system at all. I like Newton as an athlete but don't see him transitioning to a WCO QB very easily, and I can't justify that high of a pick on a project.

Gabbert and Locker could be good fits.

I'll agree that Stanzi could be a great mid/late round edition. I'll add that Dalton seems like a guy that has enough mobility and definitely has the intangibles.

I'll add that Colin Kaepernick intrigues me as a WCO project. He's extremely raw, but could be molded into something special given his talent and work ethic. At worst he looks like an excellent wildcat/gadget play role player.

I have watched just about every home snap Cap has taken in Reno. I love him to death and I think he's a great kid {coach Ault did a great job!} I don't think he will do well in the NFL. He's a runner that can throw a little bit. It would be a serious undertaking if coach Harbaugh took him.
Whoever he selects is good with me....He knows QB's....thats for sure.
Colt McCoy wouldve been perfect, only if he stayed another year lol
I think Andy Dalton and Kellen Moore both would be very good west coast QB's. they are both smart, mobile and are accurate. Best of all, I don't think either would require a first round pick.
Originally posted by E-49er:
I think Andy Dalton and Kellen Moore both would be very good west coast QB's. they are both smart, mobile and are accurate. Best of all, I don't think either would require a first round pick.
Originally posted by TheGoldenState:
Colt McCoy wouldve been perfect, only if he stayed another year lol

haha he will once holmgreen starts coaching him next season!
Originally posted by thejackal25:
Mallet may grade higher than most this year, but he doesn't fit the system at all. I like Newton as an athlete but don't see him transitioning to a WCO QB very easily, and I can't justify that high of a pick on a project.

Gabbert and Locker could be good fits.

I'll agree that Stanzi could be a great mid/late round edition. I'll add that Dalton seems like a guy that has enough mobility and definitely has the intangibles.

I'll add that Colin Kaepernick intrigues me as a WCO project. He's extremely raw, but could be molded into something special given his talent and work ethic. At worst he looks like an excellent wildcat/gadget play role player.

Locker would be a good fit.....as a TE in the WCO. Locker sucks!!! He has regressed bigtime!!! He is a project that we do not have time for. Alex is better than Locker now! I have seen Gabbert only a couple of times but like what I saw.