There are 102 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

FCS National Championship: Delaware vs. Eastern Washington (ESPN2)

Well tonight is the night many of you have been waiting for. Delaware's highly rated QB Pat Devlin, a Penn State transfer, is going to be on the big stage trying to prove he's worthy of being selected in the 2nd or 3rd round. There are prospects for both of these teams, unsurprisingly since they're duking it out for a National Championship. Anyways, without further adue, here's the prospect list:

FCS National Championship: Delaware vs. Eastern Washington, 7:00 PM ET (ESPN2)

Delaware:
QB Pat Devlin, 6-3 222 4.82
DB Anthony Walters, 6-0 200 4.57

Eastern Washington:
RB Taiwan Jones, 5-11 200 4.53 - Injured
SS J.C. Sherritt, 5-10 220 4.76
  • Paul
  • Veteran
I wish it was still called 1AA but I'll be watching this game, I always liked this division better and Eastern Washington has some bloody turf so how can you not root for them? Who knocked out Montana?
Originally posted by Paul:
I wish it was still called 1AA but I'll be watching this game, I always liked this division better and Eastern Washington has some bloody turf so how can you not root for them? Who knocked out Montana?

That turf is terrible. I couldn't even watch them a few weeks back when i seen that crap.
I'd like to see him play a little more vertical and take some shots down field. He tends to stand tall on the pocket and keep the play alive, but relies too heavy on checking down. I'd like to see a QB that attacks the defense and forcesthem to cover the entire field. I haven't seen that out of Devlin. Granted, I've only seen about 3 of his games, but they've all been similar. He will draw the obvious comparison to Flacco, but he's not quite the prospect Joe was.

One of Alex Smith' biggest flaws, IMO, is that he plays too conservative. It really lends an advantage to the defense because they can leave an underneath option open and bait the QB into a pass for minimal gain. We saw this for years on 3rd down. Alex either checked down and came up short or he forced it over the middle to Vernon. He had predictable safety valves. Generally, he shined when the game was out of reach or the game held little meaning. He rarely handled pressure well.

Anyway, with Devlin, I hope he plays a little more loose. It'll be good to see him on a bigger stage than he's use to.
I was trying to go to see this game. But my girlfriend doesn't wanna go. I wanted to see Devlin in person.
Game starts in about five minutes.

From the Harbaugh press conference, to seeing perhaps a future 49ers QB. Game on!
Originally posted by OnTheClock:

From the Harbaugh press conference, to seeing perhaps a future 49ers QB. Game on!

One of the characteristics he said he looks for in a QB is accuracy. I guess Locker could be out of the picture
Originally posted by SF69ers:

One of the characteristics he said he looks for in a QB is accuracy. I guess Locker could be out of the picture

I'm not a big fan of Locker, so that's okay with me. Devlin's numbers on the year 22 TDs, only TWO interceptions. That's taking care of the ball. 68.3% Completion percentage.

Andy Dalton is still my favorite of the bunch (perhaps I have some bias, being a TCU fan).
Originally posted by SF69ers:

I'm not a big fan of Locker, so that's okay with me. Devlin's numbers on the year 22 TDs, only TWO interceptions. That's taking care of the ball. 68.3% Completion percentage.

Andy Dalton is still my favorite of the bunch (perhaps I have some bias, being a TCU fan).

Hmm, I guess I'll pay a little more attention to him during the combine and maybe Senior Bowl.
I like his ability to make reads quickly. And that's one thing he's been appluaded for -- being able to spread the ball around to every available receiver. It's important for a QB to be able to recognize where plays can be made.
Devlin has been money so far
I'm very impressed with Devlin right now. Pinpoint accurate. Extreme precision so far tonight. I haven't seen him under much pressure, however, and would like to see him in a jam.
Originally posted by ninerlifer:
Devlin has been money so far

Agreed !
that was a beautiful fade pass in the endone, too bad his receiver stumbled
Beautiful passes being thrown out there, but again he has all day to throw, and works almost exclusively in the gun, but occasionally in some pro-looking sets.

Score: 12-0 now. Devlin and Delaware lead.

And I had no idea the game was in Frisco -- I live about 45 minutes from there. I could've gotten tickets as well. TV works fine for me I suppose.