LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 432 users in the forums

Would you draft Andrew Luck this year for next year?

Would you draft Andrew Luck this year for next year?

I wouldn't just because, especially in the game of football. It only takes 1 play to end a career. And i'm not positive if you can. But i do know with their last pick of the draft the New York Yankees selected the rights to Pat White (former WVU quarterback) just in case he ever decided to he wanted to play baseball. So maybe it is possible.
Forget it. Things just don't work that way. He is not eligible. Wishful thinking, and I would also wish. Let's just hope that with combo of Hardball/Baalke we get another quality draft like 2010 in 2011.
I could be completely wrong, but I think Andrew Luck could theoretically enter the draft, get drafted and still go back to school, so long as he doesn't hire an agent.

Maybe that's the scenario they were discussing? In any event, I don't see that happening.
Mike and Mike where talking about Luck going to school starting classes then say he changed his mind and entering the suplmental draft. anyone with under 6 win can draft him but he would have to tell all the other team he doesn't want to play for them so don't bother using a draft pick on him or he will sit out till the next draft. He would have to let it be know that he only want to go to the 49er. But that doesn't mean another team can say So what I'm putting in a pick on him anyway.

[ Edited by dlance on Jan 7, 2011 at 16:19:26 ]
Originally posted by ninerlifer:
Originally posted by lamontb:
I was listening to Mike and Mike this morning and never heard them say that. and you can't draft a guy that's not in the draft.

last hour of the show....I swear they were talking about this.

Its whatever...my bad

Mods Lock This Please

No I saw it on Mike and Mike too. A caller had e-mail the question in to them. I was curious about this too. If we could, I would definitely do it.
Originally posted by Travisty13:
I was listening to Mike and Mike this morning and never heard them say that. and you can't draft a guy that's not in the draft.

Its whatever...my bad

Mods Lock This Please

No I saw it on Mike and Mike too. A caller had e-mail the question in to them. I was curious about this too. If we could, I would definitely do it.

OK thanks! I knew I wasnt loosing my mind
Trade down with NE and get their 2 number #1 picks..Use on on Luck, and keep the others..
Originally posted by Travisty13:

Its whatever...my bad

Mods Lock This Please

OK thanks! I knew I wasnt loosing my mind

To be honest, I was gonna post this til I saw you'd started the thread. I'm glad you did. Good work. I still wanna see clarification on this rule. Cause if it's plausible, I would definitely be down for us to draft him, and hold on to his rights.
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
Could be talking about the supplemental draft...
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
lol at this thread

That's not possible dude

Originally posted by dlance:
Mike and Mike where talking about Luck going to school starting classes then say he changed his mind and entering the suplmental draft. anyone with under 6 win can draft him but he would have to tell all the other team he doesn't want to play for them so don't bother using a draft pick on him or he will sit out till the next draft. He would have to let it be know that he only want to go to the 49er. But that doesn't mean another team can say So what I'm putting in a pick on him anyway.

That's a weird conversation but makes a lot more sense than the originally posted possibility. I didn't see how you could possibly draft someone that didn't declare for the draft, and I'm pretty positive this has never been done before.
wtf
yea...let's just use a 7th rounder on him.

I think the poster should re-phrase the question to, would you trade the first round pick this year for a chance to have more firepower next year to get Andrew Luck.
Originally posted by zozell:
Goodell: "And with the 7th overall pick in the 2012 Draft, the San Francisco 49ers Select... wait wtf??? Andrew Luck Senior Stanford University for next year???"

Other 31 NFL Team Owners:

Jed: Someone Get me those Mike and Mike b*****ds on the phone!

Share 49ersWebzone