There are 64 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

could baalke pull this off? 2 plans to get franchise qb

You can't trade picks till Feb 7th
Originally posted by awol36:
Originally posted by irishluder:
Originally posted by hofer36:
say he can sign harbaugh...

plan A

carolina has lost alot of leverage with luck's announcement that he is staying in school

ballke offers panthers the 1st rd picks in 2011 and 2012, the 2011 2nd rd pick and parys haralson..panthers likely bite because they know they are not getting luck, and they dont have to pay stafford/bradford $ to a cam newton or nick fairley

luck changes his mind and announces for draft before jan 15 deadline, because of opportunity to play for harbaugh

plan b

trade 2011 1st pick for a 2nd in 2011 and a 1st in 2012
trade 2011 2nd rd pick for a 2012 1st rd pick

with 3 1st rd picks in 2012, get luck or barkley from usc

Its creative... I like it

i even took it a lil further, say we traded up to the first pick to take the best player available. and the luck enters the supplement draft. i thought since we traded up to the first pick , we'd also have the first pick in the supplemental draft and then grab luck, only to lose next years first but theres a ping ball system to determine who gets the first pick in the supplement draft

Nah, it would be based on winning percentage I assume. Everyone submits what round pick they would offer and the worse teams gets him. Even if we trade up to the first pick I think Carolina would still get him if we both blindly email the commish saying we offer our 1sts. I don't think ping balls have anything to do with it.
Originally posted by jrg:
#1 - sign mcnabb

#2 - draft gabbert

#3 - play mcnabb in 2011 to groom gabbert

#4 - enjoy your franchise QB in gabbert in 2012

This.
Originally posted by NewEraNiner:
Originally posted by jrg:
#1 - sign mcnabb

#2 - draft gabbert

#3 - play mcnabb in 2011 to groom gabbert

#4 - enjoy your franchise QB in gabbert in 2012

This.

Agreed. But take a shot at Kolb first, the McNabb 2nd. Kold id deadly accurate but still more potential. We are now QB friendly system and many QB's will want to learn for Hardball.
Originally posted by Gore_21:
Originally posted by awol36:
Originally posted by irishluder:
Originally posted by hofer36:
say he can sign harbaugh...

plan A

carolina has lost alot of leverage with luck's announcement that he is staying in school

ballke offers panthers the 1st rd picks in 2011 and 2012, the 2011 2nd rd pick and parys haralson..panthers likely bite because they know they are not getting luck, and they dont have to pay stafford/bradford $ to a cam newton or nick fairley

luck changes his mind and announces for draft before jan 15 deadline, because of opportunity to play for harbaugh

plan b

trade 2011 1st pick for a 2nd in 2011 and a 1st in 2012
trade 2011 2nd rd pick for a 2012 1st rd pick

with 3 1st rd picks in 2012, get luck or barkley from usc

Its creative... I like it

i even took it a lil further, say we traded up to the first pick to take the best player available. and the luck enters the supplement draft. i thought since we traded up to the first pick , we'd also have the first pick in the supplemental draft and then grab luck, only to lose next years first but theres a ping ball system to determine who gets the first pick in the supplement draft

Nah, it would be based on winning percentage I assume. Everyone submits what round pick they would offer and the worse teams gets him. Even if we trade up to the first pick I think Carolina would still get him if we both blindly email the commish saying we offer our 1sts. I don't think ping balls have anything to do with it.

Wrong. Again, this is the Bernie Kosar rule. Look it up.
Kolb blows no reason bringing him in.
Originally posted by jrg:
#1 - sign mcnabb

#2 - draft gabbert

#3 - play mcnabb in 2011 to groom gabbert

#4 - enjoy your franchise QB in gabbert in 2012
i have never seen gabbert in action...explain to me PLEASE why do you want to have gabbert.
I don't know enough about rules and procedures BUT I really appreciate your creativity and it would be great if it happened.
Originally posted by OregonDuckNiner:
whaaa?
  • Jd925
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 1,116
Member Milestone: This is post number 800 for Jd925.
Hahah.. Sorry I didn't realize you posted the same thing.

Yeah I agree with your Plan A. I think it can work if Harbaugh really wants Luck.

I'd stick to just offering a 2012 first and a swap of this year's first....
I would take Dark Plan C...


Pay the Stanford waterboy $100.00 per game to slip Luck some LSD 1 hour before the game. By next years draft Luck should drop to pick # 32 SF 49ers superbowl winners. Draft Luck there and put him in drug rehab right away. He should be ready to start the 2012 season for us. Just as long that he doesn't see blue smurffs running down the field will be ok.

We will save a ton off money by drafting him at 32 pick
We will not loose any draft picks
and it will cost us like 1,600 dollars to the waterboy and lets say 10,000 for rehab.



Just kidding lol...

[ Edited by iamtheman698 on Jan 7, 2011 at 21:20:14 ]
Originally posted by LBSI9ers:
You can't trade picks till Feb 7th


That's my b-day, I"ll make it happen
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
LOL...

I thought about this today why at work. I think the panther will wait until draft day so that this won't happen. If they trade and luck declares it would be the biggest blunder in nfl history!
Originally posted by TheGoldDiggerrrr:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
LOL...

I thought about this today why at work. I think the panther will wait until draft day so that this won't happen. If they trade and luck declares it would be the biggest blunder in nfl history!

Anyways, you can't trade picks till next month....so this is kind of a fail.
Originally posted by sfout:
The desperation in that is simply hilarious. I will laugh when just like Locker's stock Luck's will fall next year simply because of next years "hype guy" and the other big names that will be eligible. Someone at the 5-10 spot will get Luck next year. He isn't going to change his mind and breaking the bank on the idea of him changing his mind shows how low this organization has fallen if they did that.

Lol 2 completely different QBs that stayed for 2 completely different reasons. Luck didn't go back to work on his passing mechanics, he went back for his degree. He is the most polished passer and is a clear leader on his team. Locker was seen as a project and probably heard he wouldn't be a 1st rd pick last season so he went back with something to prove. Problem is he didn't prove anything. The only thing that can happen to Luck is injury and that didn't seem to hurt Sam Bradford did it?