There are 188 users in the forums

Andrew Luck staying in college

Originally posted by lamontb:
dude said he wants to get his degree

Luck is retarded he can always go back and get his degree, or just take classes in the off season. He may though have just missed out on $60 mil if there is a rookie salary cap with the new cba.
Originally posted by footballxpaul:

Luck is retarded he can always go back and get his degree, or just take classes in the off season. He may though have just missed out on $60 mil if there is a rookie salary cap with the new cba.

Yes he could do that, but he would also be forgoing the rest of his college experience and to some that is worth a lot. And there is life beyond football. He is preparing for it. And what happens if he gets drafted #1 overall, and then suffers a career ending injury his first season or two? This shows that money is not the end all and be all for him. Good for him.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by TX9R:
Smart move, I wouldn't live in North Carolina for millions either.

I would. It's worth $60 Million or whatever. If he gets hurt or plays worse like Locker he will drop and lose tons of money. And yes that can happen. He's not an absolute sure thing. He can get hurt too. And he can play worse minus some key players. Each year is different.

As Ive said, and everyone else who knows the NFL has said,
THE NEW CBA WILL 99% LIKELY CONTAIN A ROOKIE CAP This year.

Even if that wasnt the case, you're basically faulting a guy for not being greedy. Or for having self confidence. Since when are either of those two things bad character traits to have?

[ Edited by jojomellon on Jan 7, 2011 at 00:33:31 ]
Timeline : Carolina says they will take Luck no matter what with the #1 pick.

Luck says he will stay at Stanford.

Thanks, but no thanks.
Originally posted by jojomellon:

I would. It's worth $60 Million or whatever. If he gets hurt or plays worse like Locker he will drop and lose tons of money. And yes that can happen. He's not an absolute sure thing. He can get hurt too. And he can play worse minus some key players. Each year is different.

Even if that wasnt the case, you're basically faulting a guy for not being greedy. Or for having self confidence. Since when are either of those two things bad character traits to have?

plus the fact he comes from money, his father, oliver luck, is athletic director of west virginia and was a pro qb. people are reporting he's already taking out an insurance policy for luck worth millions if he were to get injured. luck and his family have this all methodically planned out.

also has it ever crossed your guys' minds that theres more to life than money and football. word to pat tillman...rip
Luck is an idiot. Why in the ____ would you go back to school for a degree instead of being the #1 pick in the draft? I mean, I know Stanford grads make better than average money, but how many of them make $50,000,000 guaranteed?

What an idiot. What's the point of a degree? To get a good career to make a good living? Who needs a degree when you have $50,000,000.

College football is a rough sport. What are the odds of a quarterback being injured? Hmmmm. I wouldn't bet $50,000,000 guaranteed on it not happening.

I gotta go. My hand is tired from typing all those zeros.
Panther are s**t out of Luck
Originally posted by mississippi_sam:
Luck is an idiot. Why in the ____ would you go back to school for a degree instead of being the #1 pick in the draft? I mean, I know Stanford grads make better than average money, but how many of them make $50,000,000 guaranteed?

What an idiot. What's the point of a degree? To get a good career to make a good living? Who needs a degree when you have $50,000,000.

College football is a rough sport. What are the odds of a quarterback being injured? Hmmmm. I wouldn't bet $50,000,000 guaranteed on it not happening.

I gotta go. My hand is tired from typing all those zeros.
seriously dude?

Originally posted by niner_empire:

plus the fact he comes from money, his father, oliver luck, is athletic director of west virginia and was a pro qb. people are reporting he's already taking out an insurance policy for luck worth millions if he were to get injured. luck and his family have this all methodically planned out.

also has it ever crossed your guys' minds that theres more to life than money and football. word to pat tillman...rip

What do you think is the ultimate purpose in going to college in the first place?

For my part:
You go to college to earn a degree to make yourself more valuble when trying to get a job, to earn a living (read: money).

This kid has an excellent shot at being chosen #1 overall. Instant millions regardless of other plans. The NFL also has programs that allow a player to continue on and earn their degree (Norton Jr. did it).

In my opinion, every kid that has been a near consensus #1 overall pick that chooses to remain in college is an idiot. Bradford was just a lucky idiot (lucky his injury wasn't worse).
Share 49ersWebzone