There are 154 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Vince Young vs. High Draft Pick QB

I'll preface this with the assumption that Jim Harbaugh becomes our HC, as it looks as if that is all but official

Would it be in our best interest to go after Vince Young (via trading late rd pick/ FA)?

OR

Spend our #7 pick in the first round and develop a guy from scratch?

I think we can all agree that VY has talent. His main issue has been his focus and commitment. Can the Harb put it all together for VY? Idk.

Ideally i'd trade everything imaginable to get Luck, but we probably won't do that.


VY link
Young will end up with the Raiders..... Mark my words.....


[ Edited by ninerlifer on Jan 5, 2011 at 18:29:51 ]
Pass. He's too fragile mentally.
  • titan
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 2,559
I can't stand Vince Young! from his face to his atittude, all the way to his game!
Originally posted by GorefullBore:
Pass. He's too fragile mentally.
  • kush
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 2,649
If VY could work on the personal problems I'd have no problem with him as our QB...The dude's a winner in the NFL and he was having his best season this year before his injury/Fischer pulling him. I feel Vince rarely gets the respect he deserves for what he has already accomplished at the NFL level.

[ Edited by SourdoughDan on Jan 6, 2011 at 00:52:16 ]
Dude did go off the reservation last season. And if Jeff Fisher can't stand the kid, there's something not right there.

I'll take my chances on Mallett.
Assuming the Harbaugh hire, I would rather draft a Qb and keep Alex Smith than bring in VY, that's how much I like VY.
Originally posted by boriken_9er:
Assuming the Harbaugh hire, I would rather draft a Qb and keep Alex Smith than bring in VY, that's how much I like VY.

I would too, but Alex Smith told the 49ers to f*ck off and that he ain't coming back...blame him?
I would rather have Alex Smith again then have Vince Young
It would be a big mistake. The QB should be a leader on the team and all VY has demonstrated is a high level of immaturity.
Originally posted by SWAGG-ER:
I'll preface this with the assumption that Jim Harbaugh becomes our HC, as it looks as if that is all but official

Would it be in our best interest to go after Vince Young (via trading late rd pick/ FA)?

OR

Spend our #7 pick in the first round and develop a guy from scratch?

I think we can all agree that VY has talent. His main issue has been his focus and commitment. Can the Harb put it all together for VY? Idk.

Ideally i'd trade everything imaginable to get Luck, but we probably won't do that.


VY link

Not so fast....
  • TX9R
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 8,146
Whay is everyone assuming he would have to be a starting QB? He has to rebuild his rep to get that. The guy has talent, I think he could be a huge situational player that lines up all over the field. I guarantee Sean Payton could make use of those talents. You can never have enough talent on your team. You could use him like Tebow should be used: QB/Hback/TE that causes mass confusion pre snap and mismatches that occasionally throws the ball.
Originally posted by TX9R:
Whay is everyone assuming he would have to be a starting QB? He has to rebuild his rep to get that. The guy has talent, I think he could be a huge situational player that lines up all over the field. I guarantee Sean Payton could make use of those talents. You can never have enough talent on your team. You could use him like Tebow should be used: QB/Hback/TE that causes mass confusion pre snap and mismatches that occasionally throws the ball.

I agree but I really don't think VY would by in and play another position. The guy has been a starting NFL qb for the last 3/4 years now. I can't see him going out there and catching passes. And we already know the guy has a poor attitude when things aren't going his way.