There are 162 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

vrabbit's MOCK 01/05/11

at # we have a bunch of options with Luck,Newton,Locker,Gabbert,Mallet we should come away with a great talent. With Harbaugh any QB of the bunch will do. Luck wasn't even a high recruit out of HS. So that means Harbaugh made him good which is music to my ears. Finally a coach that can teach x's and o's
Originally posted by vrabbit:
Quote:
1. Panthers: Andrew Luck - becomes more of a no-doubter as each day goes by. no-brainer

2. Broncos: Patrick Peterson - many ways they could go here I just think he is a top-5 pick, difference maker, nfl ready athlete who can form a CB tandem with Champ or replace him if he goes. Also could make an immediate impact in the return game. Fact: Denver had only ONE return TD all season long. Inside 8 minutes left in the 4th quarter, down by 19 points. Against the Chargers who blow on special teams. might be bpa but the d-line needs some help badly.

3. Bills: Da'Quan Bowers - I'm pretty sure they are giving up on the 3-4, even after the addition of Merriman. Bowers is an absolute stud who looks to make an impact for this team right away. think the same. could also be green or a qb but i dont think so.

4. Bengals: AJ Green - I'm now convinced both 85 and 81 will be gone, and even though I believe defense is their biggest need AJG is the best WR to come out of college since Megatron, and Cincy's WR core becomes a question mark after this season. i think that lewis can fix some defensive issues without drafting for a defensive guy in the first round but they have to get rid of at least one of the divas...i think that it wont be a qb b/c there wont be a regime change.

5. Cardinals: Blaine Gabbert - I can't see them not picking up a QB with this pick, they have absolutely NOBODY right now at that position. I may be too high on this bandwagon right now but Arizona will be desperate. whisenhunt just cant work with rookie-qbs, imo...they will go after a veteran guy in the FA or even within a trade. that should be a pick for their d-line.

6. Browns: Nick Fairley - from everything I read they may stay on the 3-4 or switch to the 4-3, either way Fairley makes an impact outside in the 3-4 or inside in the 4-3. i think that they will stay with the 3-4 defense...pass-rush or a nice d-end would be nice or a WR.

7. 49ers: Ryan Mallett - San Francisco's question marks at QB are nearly as horrible as Arizona's. With Harbaugh as the coach he will be able to work with this kid who works best with a strong running game which SF can feature.

8. Titans: Prince Amukamara - other than Finnegan they have a big hole at CB, Prince comes in and becomes their #2 CB. hanswurst's (aka hayensworth's) successor is still missing...if they have a shot on a nice DT, they will go for one...

9. Cowboys: Marcel Dareus - an absolute perfect fit for an already scary-looking defense.

10. Redskins: Julio Jones - Washington can only hope Julio lives up to his potential, perfect match to Santana Moss and the Redskins will get their QB. Just not with this pick. could be a QB either...or any defender, who fits the 3-4. but yes, WR is needed badly.

11. Texans: Robert Quinn - their absolute biggest problem is the secondary, but with the top two corners off the board and no other secondary player worthy of this spot they add a guy that can fit in their current 4-3 or the 3-4 if Wade Phillips gets the gig as defensive coordinator. I could also see them trading down a few spots. just defense unless it's an ilb ;)

12. Vikings: Akeem Ayers - this won't be a popular pick based on Minnesota's starving for a QB but I am not a Newton/Locker fan in the first round, although I could see Minny going that route. Anyways, Ayers can become a starter on the weak-side in the 4-3 and get moved to the strong-side, which is his best fit, in the future. it's nice that you aren't a newton/locker-fan but the reality says that teams seem to reach for qbs...and based on what i saw in minnesota in terms of qb-play, they have to go after a QB in the 1st round.

13. Lions: Janoris Jenkins - he's an absolute ballhawk who could be a strike of gold for the Lions if he pans out. They could also go OT here, but I don't really see a franchise LT in this draft, which is what they need. not only that there isn't any LT worth to be drafted in this spot, the pass protection seemed to be stabilized or they played against very weak pass-rushers...the lions will go bpa and their 2ndary stinks.

14. Rams: Justin Blackmon - if you have any doubts about this pick you must have not watched the Rams this season, especially last Sunday night at Seattle with a playoff berth on the line. Bradford will be jumping of joy. WR WR WR, period.

15. Dolphins: Mark Ingram - Ronnie Brown may not be back and Ricky Williams has pretty much said he isn't coming back. Ingram will fit right in. there is a chance that they draft a QB but it's a very little one.

16. Jaguars: Adrian Clayborn - I have my doubts about him, but the upside is huge there and it matches Jacksonville's desperate need for a pass rusher. I also like Purdue's Ryan Kerrigan in this spot. pass-rusher or CB...

17. Patriots: Von Miller - man New England keeps getting better and better with each move they make. Von Miller could contend for DROY in this defense. possible.

18. Chargers: Gabe Carimi - They need a RT and Carimi certainly fits the bill. lock, imo

19. Giants: Derek Sherrod - If he turns out to be everything he's touted to be he may crack the starting lineup in his rookie season, if not he can wait and learn behind one of the best offensive lines in the league. don't know

20. Bucs: Stephen Paea - arguably the best pure 4-3 DT in this class goes to that Tampa 2 defense, a perfect match. they drafted two DTs in the first and the 2nd respectively last year...they could have well used some support at DE.

Comments and feedback always welcomed.

Originally posted by communist:
Quote:
1. Panthers: Andrew Luck - becomes more of a no-doubter as each day goes by. no-brainer

2. Broncos: Patrick Peterson - many ways they could go here I just think he is a top-5 pick, difference maker, nfl ready athlete who can form a CB tandem with Champ or replace him if he goes. Also could make an immediate impact in the return game. Fact: Denver had only ONE return TD all season long. Inside 8 minutes left in the 4th quarter, down by 19 points. Against the Chargers who blow on special teams. might be bpa but the d-line needs some help badly.

3. Bills: Da'Quan Bowers - I'm pretty sure they are giving up on the 3-4, even after the addition of Merriman. Bowers is an absolute stud who looks to make an impact for this team right away. think the same. could also be green or a qb but i dont think so.

4. Bengals: AJ Green - I'm now convinced both 85 and 81 will be gone, and even though I believe defense is their biggest need AJG is the best WR to come out of college since Megatron, and Cincy's WR core becomes a question mark after this season. i think that lewis can fix some defensive issues without drafting for a defensive guy in the first round but they have to get rid of at least one of the divas...i think that it wont be a qb b/c there wont be a regime change.

5. Cardinals: Blaine Gabbert - I can't see them not picking up a QB with this pick, they have absolutely NOBODY right now at that position. I may be too high on this bandwagon right now but Arizona will be desperate. whisenhunt just cant work with rookie-qbs, imo...they will go after a veteran guy in the FA or even within a trade. that should be a pick for their d-line.

6. Browns: Nick Fairley - from everything I read they may stay on the 3-4 or switch to the 4-3, either way Fairley makes an impact outside in the 3-4 or inside in the 4-3. i think that they will stay with the 3-4 defense...pass-rush or a nice d-end would be nice or a WR.

7. 49ers: Ryan Mallett - San Francisco's question marks at QB are nearly as horrible as Arizona's. With Harbaugh as the coach he will be able to work with this kid who works best with a strong running game which SF can feature.

8. Titans: Prince Amukamara - other than Finnegan they have a big hole at CB, Prince comes in and becomes their #2 CB. hanswurst's (aka hayensworth's) successor is still missing...if they have a shot on a nice DT, they will go for one...

9. Cowboys: Marcel Dareus - an absolute perfect fit for an already scary-looking defense.

10. Redskins: Julio Jones - Washington can only hope Julio lives up to his potential, perfect match to Santana Moss and the Redskins will get their QB. Just not with this pick. could be a QB either...or any defender, who fits the 3-4. but yes, WR is needed badly.

11. Texans: Robert Quinn - their absolute biggest problem is the secondary, but with the top two corners off the board and no other secondary player worthy of this spot they add a guy that can fit in their current 4-3 or the 3-4 if Wade Phillips gets the gig as defensive coordinator. I could also see them trading down a few spots. just defense unless it's an ilb ;)

12. Vikings: Akeem Ayers - this won't be a popular pick based on Minnesota's starving for a QB but I am not a Newton/Locker fan in the first round, although I could see Minny going that route. Anyways, Ayers can become a starter on the weak-side in the 4-3 and get moved to the strong-side, which is his best fit, in the future. it's nice that you aren't a newton/locker-fan but the reality says that teams seem to reach for qbs...and based on what i saw in minnesota in terms of qb-play, they have to go after a QB in the 1st round.

13. Lions: Janoris Jenkins - he's an absolute ballhawk who could be a strike of gold for the Lions if he pans out. They could also go OT here, but I don't really see a franchise LT in this draft, which is what they need. not only that there isn't any LT worth to be drafted in this spot, the pass protection seemed to be stabilized or they played against very weak pass-rushers...the lions will go bpa and their 2ndary stinks.

14. Rams: Justin Blackmon - if you have any doubts about this pick you must have not watched the Rams this season, especially last Sunday night at Seattle with a playoff berth on the line. Bradford will be jumping of joy. WR WR WR, period.

15. Dolphins: Mark Ingram - Ronnie Brown may not be back and Ricky Williams has pretty much said he isn't coming back. Ingram will fit right in. there is a chance that they draft a QB but it's a very little one.

16. Jaguars: Adrian Clayborn - I have my doubts about him, but the upside is huge there and it matches Jacksonville's desperate need for a pass rusher. I also like Purdue's Ryan Kerrigan in this spot. pass-rusher or CB...

17. Patriots: Von Miller - man New England keeps getting better and better with each move they make. Von Miller could contend for DROY in this defense. possible.

18. Chargers: Gabe Carimi - They need a RT and Carimi certainly fits the bill. lock, imo

19. Giants: Derek Sherrod - If he turns out to be everything he's touted to be he may crack the starting lineup in his rookie season, if not he can wait and learn behind one of the best offensive lines in the league. don't know

20. Bucs: Stephen Paea - arguably the best pure 4-3 DT in this class goes to that Tampa 2 defense, a perfect match. they drafted two DTs in the first and the 2nd respectively last year...they could have well used some support at DE.

appreciate the feedback

and I agree with your take on the Cardinals, but I still think they get a high draft pick because, let's face it, no high-end QB is going to wanna go to the Cards. They were absolutely god awful last season and weren't just a QB away from being contenders
uhhhhhhh Wisenhunt went 15-1 with Roethlisburger as a rookie and won a SB the year after
  • titan
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Sjceruti:
Mallett suck and Prince is still on the board.

Prince got molested by Blackmon! and Petrson was raped by Julio Jones and Ryan Mallet Passing! Still want them?
Originally posted by titan:

Prince got molested by Blackmon! and Petrson was raped by Julio Jones and Ryan Mallet Passing! Still want them?

Yup I do.

i agree i would rather have Prince. i think he will be a great pro
well,

• titan
  • Veteran
Originally posted by niners9:

i agree i would rather have Prince. i think he will be a great pro

he is not any better than Nate Clemens!
Quote:
1. Panthers: Andrew Luck - becomes more of a no-doubter as each day goes by.

becomes more of a big doubter as this day went by
Originally posted by TalkinBoutWILLIS:
Quote:
1. Panthers: Andrew Luck - becomes more of a no-doubter as each day goes by.

becomes more of a big doubter as this day went by

Man how long did it take you to come up with that one? So ingenious!

That's why I posted the lock smiley a couple of posts before yours