There are 165 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

vrabbit's MOCK 01/05/11

Quote:
1. Panthers: Andrew Luck - becomes more of a no-doubter as each day goes by.

2. Broncos: Patrick Peterson - many ways they could go here I just think he is a top-5 pick, difference maker, nfl ready athlete who can form a CB tandem with Champ or replace him if he goes. Also could make an immediate impact in the return game. Fact: Denver had only ONE return TD all season long. Inside 8 minutes left in the 4th quarter, down by 19 points. Against the Chargers who blow on special teams.

3. Bills: Da'Quan Bowers - I'm pretty sure they are giving up on the 3-4, even after the addition of Merriman. Bowers is an absolute stud who looks to make an impact for this team right away.

4. Bengals: AJ Green - I'm now convinced both 85 and 81 will be gone, and even though I believe defense is their biggest need AJG is the best WR to come out of college since Megatron, and Cincy's WR core becomes a question mark after this season.

5. Cardinals: Blaine Gabbert - I can't see them not picking up a QB with this pick, they have absolutely NOBODY right now at that position. I may be too high on this bandwagon right now but Arizona will be desperate.

6. Browns: Nick Fairley - from everything I read they may stay on the 3-4 or switch to the 4-3, either way Fairley makes an impact outside in the 3-4 or inside in the 4-3.

7. 49ers: Ryan Mallett - San Francisco's question marks at QB are nearly as horrible as Arizona's. With Harbaugh as the coach he will be able to work with this kid who works best with a strong running game which SF can feature.

8. Titans: Prince Amukamara - other than Finnegan they have a big hole at CB, Prince comes in and becomes their #2 CB.

9. Cowboys: Marcel Dareus - an absolute perfect fit for an already scary-looking defense.

10. Redskins: Julio Jones - Washington can only hope Julio lives up to his potential, perfect match to Santana Moss and the Redskins will get their QB. Just not with this pick.

11. Texans: Robert Quinn - their absolute biggest problem is the secondary, but with the top two corners off the board and no other secondary player worthy of this spot they add a guy that can fit in their current 4-3 or the 3-4 if Wade Phillips gets the gig as defensive coordinator. I could also see them trading down a few spots.

12. Vikings: Akeem Ayers - this won't be a popular pick based on Minnesota's starving for a QB but I am not a Newton/Locker fan in the first round, although I could see Minny going that route. Anyways, Ayers can become a starter on the weak-side in the 4-3 and get moved to the strong-side, which is his best fit, in the future.

13. Lions: Janoris Jenkins - he's an absolute ballhawk who could be a strike of gold for the Lions if he pans out. They could also go OT here, but I don't really see a franchise LT in this draft, which is what they need.

14. Rams: Justin Blackmon - if you have any doubts about this pick you must have not watched the Rams this season, especially last Sunday night at Seattle with a playoff berth on the line. Bradford will be jumping of joy.

15. Dolphins: Mark Ingram - Ronnie Brown may not be back and Ricky Williams has pretty much said he isn't coming back. Ingram will fit right in.

16. Jaguars: Adrian Clayborn - I have my doubts about him, but the upside is huge there and it matches Jacksonville's desperate need for a pass rusher. I also like Purdue's Ryan Kerrigan in this spot.

17. Patriots: Von Miller - man New England keeps getting better and better with each move they make. Von Miller could contend for DROY in this defense.

18. Chargers: Gabe Carimi - They need a RT and Carimi certainly fits the bill.

19. Giants: Derek Sherrod - If he turns out to be everything he's touted to be he may crack the starting lineup in his rookie season, if not he can wait and learn behind one of the best offensive lines in the league.

20. Bucs: Stephen Paea - arguably the best pure 4-3 DT in this class goes to that Tampa 2 defense, a perfect match.

Comments and feedback always welcomed.

if this were the case. I would hope we'd pick Prince of Mallet.
Nice mock. I really can't call what the Broncos, or Bengals might do. Broncos do need help in the secondary and the front 7, plus with no coach not sure if they will continue to run the 3-4. I could see the Bengals taking a corner to replace Jonathan Joesph. I think they are happy with there young wr's for the time being. Blackmon would be a nice fit for the Rams, and I wonder if they make a run at Randy Moss aswell.

I wonder what happens if the niners pass on a qb in the 1st round b/c Harbaugh isn't gonna be sold on all of these guys. Wouldn't mind Mallet if the draft fell that way.
The Bucs already used their first and second round picks last yr on DTs. I don't think they use it on another one in Paea. Also, the Jags selected Alualu in the 1st last year, I don't see them selecting Clayborn (even as a DE especially with his down year).

I like the mock overall, but if Prince is still on the board when we pick, we should select him over Mallett.
The Bucs just drafted 2 DT's last year. DE is a much much bigger need to pass up.
wow, I did forget all about Tampa's first 2 picks last year, thanks guys

in that case I'd really like to see them pick up Kerrigan

[ Edited by vrabbit on Jan 5, 2011 at 13:34:05 ]
Mallett suck and Prince is still on the board.
Originally posted by Sjceruti:

Why does Mallett suck? Because he threw a pick last night.
I really hope that arizona is the team that trades for kolb or orton.

Whisenhut is under pressure to get that team winning again, so thats why I think they go after a vet.

I hope thats the case because id.rather have gabbert or tnewton over mallet
Originally posted by ninerlifer:

Well he threw a huge one last night, 2 huge ones against Alabama and not to mention he frequently relies on his arms strength and neglects fundamentals and footwork.

Well he threw a huge one last night, 2 huge ones against Alabama and not to mention he frequently relies on his arms strength and neglects fundamentals and footwork.

one against Bama was off a receiver. He has all the tools and mechanics. Footwork can be better....but he has all the ability of a franchise qb. interceptions happen. you cant knock on a qb because of a pick. Had his receivers not dropped 7 passes, he would not have been in that position to throw that pick. LOL because of ints he sucks.

one against Bama was off a receiver. He has all the tools and mechanics. Footwork can be better....but he has all the ability of a franchise qb. interceptions happen. you cant knock on a qb because of a pick. Had his receivers not dropped 7 passes, he would not have been in that position to throw that pick. LOL because of ints he sucks.

Drops blah blah blah, you have a chance with one minute to win the game and you throw a pick so I dont wanna heard about the drops. I understand there were 7 but in the end go and win the game.
If it was the first time id let it go, but its not.
And its not just the ints, like i said he frequently fails to show good mechanics and footwork and it a sitting duck in the pocket.

Not to mention his attitude is poor.

No thanks.

Drops blah blah blah, you have a chance with one minute to win the game and you throw a pick so I dont wanna heard about the drops. I understand there were 7 but in the end go and win the game.
And its not just the ints, like i said he frequently fails to show good mechanics and footwork and it a sitting duck in the pocket.

No thanks.

he has great mechanics....he aint no athlete, but he does need footwork. 3 of those drops were for TDs , so spare me the blah blah blah

No thanks.

he has great mechanics....he aint no athlete, but he does need footwork. 3 of those drops were for TDs , so spare me the blah blah blah

Mallet's footwork looked solid.

His knock has always been decision-making under duress. And it showed itself last night.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:

No thanks.

Mallet's footwork looked solid.

His knock has always been decision-making under duress. And it showed itself last night.

My pick of him was also based on my hunch that we WILL get Harbaugh, and him + a QB as talented as Mallett is a great macth.

Cannon Arm? Check
Accuracy? Check
Footwork and mechanics? Solid enough and can still be coached on this.

Same goes for the decision making, all those aspects of the game he needs to work on I feel Harbaugh can get all his potential out of him.