There are 141 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

First Mock of the New Year

HC Harbaugh
DC Vic Fangio
OC not sure probably stanford’s OC

FA:
Mathias Kiwanuka OLB- I believe he can stand up and rush the passer. If I’m not mistaken he did play a little outside linebacker a couple of years ago when the giants had some injuries. With the giants drafting JPP last year he moves on and looks for more playing time. Potential 10 sack OLB that we have lacked

James Jones or Jacoby Jones- Solid receivers, more options the QB.

Targets:
Champ Bailey, Johnathan Joseph, Cromartie or Richard Marshal in that order. If one becomes a FA and we pair one of them with Spencer or a rookie CB this would be a great start to rebuilding the secondary.

Resign
A. Smith- I know I will catch heat for this one, but if we can’t get McNabb or a rookie who isn’t ready he still might be the best option. Who knows maybe Harbaugh can help him.

Goldson- Playmaking safety who can hopefully regain his form

Baas, Lawson, Spikes, Ginn, McDonald

Cut
Clements

Trade Fanklin for a 3rd round pick- Broncos or Redskins should have some interest
Trade 3rd and 4th for a 2nd

1 Jake Locker- Harbaugh picks his QB
2 Aaron Williams CB- First round potential
2 Marcus Cannon G- Could take over for Rachal line is complete and big
3 Sione Fua NT- Franklin’s replacement along with RJF
4 Lawarence Guy DE Rotational, takes over for evens
5 Owen Maricic FB- Harbaugh loves this kid and so will we
6 K
7 OL

What do you guys think??

[ Edited by rspinale on Jan 5, 2011 at 13:03:27 ]
I'd like to have Alex back, but I just can't see him willing to return. Ginn doesn't need to be re-signed. He's locked up through 2013. I like the rest enough.

Not a fan of Locker, from what I have seen.

I like Aaron Williams in the 2nd... Fua in the 3rd... and Marecic in the 5th.
we cant trade Franklin unless he resigns with us first

I like Alex Smith, but he needs to go and sounds like he wants to go elsewhere

Would love to get Jones as a speed WR that we lack, Ginn doesn't look like he has football speed even though hes a track star
Originally posted by irishluder:
we cant trade Franklin unless he resigns with us first

I like Alex Smith, but he needs to go and sounds like he wants to go elsewhere

Would love to get Jones as a speed WR that we lack, Ginn doesn't look like he has football speed even though hes a track star

Good point. I was kind of thinking of franchising and then trading him but i can't remember if you can do it for two years in a row
Originally posted by oldman9er:
I'd like to have Alex back, but I just can't see him willing to return. Ginn doesn't need to be re-signed. He's locked up through 2013. I like the rest enough.

Not the biggest either but I have a feeling they are going to pick some QB and i don't like Newton and locker is more mobile than mallet
Can we please stop with the sign and trades. This isnt the NBA.
Loxker @ 7 is a waste of a pick
Originally posted by Sjceruti:

this

Actually franchising a guy a trading him isnt uncommon.
Originally posted by jojomellon:

I think trading Franklin might actually happen; I don't think he wants to be here anymore (or at least isn't interested in the kind of contract we've been offering), and the only way to get some value for him is to franchise/trade him. The Texans might be a destination for him, since they're moving to a 3-4 and don't have a real NT.
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:

I think trading Franklin might actually happen; I don't think he wants to be here anymore (or at least isn't interested in the kind of contract we've been offering), and the only way to get some value for him is to franchise/trade him. The Texans might be a destination for him, since they're moving to a 3-4 and don't have a real NT.

Not a bad idea at all, good scenario sir.

Not real high on Locker either but if the Niners get Harbaugh (fingers-crossed) and decides he wants him that would be good enough for me.
Originally posted by BHulman:

Not real high on Locker either but if the Niners get Harbaugh (fingers-crossed) and decides he wants him that would be good enough for me.

Pretty much all I was betting on making that pick. Would rather have one of the top cornerbacks but usually a new regime means a new quarterback.
  • KRS-1
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:

Welcome to Miami, Bienvenido a Meeamee!

Coach Nolan hello!
1) Goldson is not a "playmaking" safety. He had ONE good GAME last year and has done nothing any other time

2) Why would Alex re-sign knowing he is not a long term option? We are acting as if he is some stop-gap veteran. The kid is still only 26 years old and THINKS he has what it takes to play in the NFL so he is not going to want to be a "stop-gap" guy.

3) We also have two 6th round picks and two 7th Round Picks (trade of Balmer to Seattle and trade of Hill to Detroit)

4) 7 is WAY to high for Locker. Two QB's at the most will go in the Top 10 and Luck is a lock for one of them. The other will be either be either Gabbert, Mallet or Newton. If we really want Locker, we can easily trade down to get him.