LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 308 users in the forums

Tico's full off season and mock

TICO!

I think Gore needs to bounce back from a broken hip for a team to be convinced to get rid of a 2nd round pick for him, IMO. So not this year.

But I like the thought, we do need to get a pick or two for him while he has some value...but again he has to prove he is back.

I love Watt, I doubt he will be there for us. The rest of the draft I do like alot.
Originally posted by oldman9er:
The BAD =

- Trading Gore...
- Getting a 3rd for Rachal... c'mon now, as if.
- Letting Manny walk... but could live with it
- overly optimistic FA additions
- Cam Newton in the 1st = puke
- Watt in the 2nd is unrealistic

The GOOD =

- like your coaches and re-signings enough.
- was very pleased with all other draft selections.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Originally posted by ninertico:
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Tico, buddy, Watt is seen as a top 25 pick in most circles. I'll give some slack in the off chance that he falls.

But Phil Taylor is another guy who is tabbed a late 1st-2nd rounder.

All your FA pickups are RFA's, I believe. I think they will all be tendered, but possibly not Cromartie, so we could have a shot there.

The rest is pretty good (although I'm not a fan of trading Gore). Personally, I'm hoping we target Santana Moss, an UFA. His experience and speed will both help us immensely in a multitude of ways.

Well, there you are. I suck at reading. R or U? Damn, I could have sworn I read the right consonant.

When did Taylor jump up so high. Last I read he was a fourth to third. Now, he's jumped all the way to a fringe 1/2...DAMN!!! Then substitute Ellis, like you, or Powe.

Dang man, all that work for nothing...null and void.

Where's my tequila!

He's been steadily rising late in the season. Despite Baylor's bowl loss, Taylor was constantly blowing up the center and double teams. They had a hard time keeping him at bay. He's not going to run down anyone in the open field, but if you need a 3-4 DT or even a run stuffing 4-3 DT, he's one of the top guys there.

If Baylor had any other talent around him to help, they'd have dominated on D.

+1

Big fan of Taylor, and he should be off the board in the 2nd, I would think. If he comes into the Combine at a good weight, that is. He seems to have a good handle on it though, and it really shows on the field.

He's done an excellent job of keeping his conditioning and weight in control. At the bowl game, they were saying he's actually down from 340 to 330.

The thought of a 6-4 330 pound NT is quite enthralling.
Love the Cam Newton pick. I think trading gore is not gonna happen, and where is this he is greedy thing coming from?? And nobody would trade a 3rd for Rachael maybe get a late round pick MAYBE. I would address the secondary sooner in the draft as I am not sure that Cromartie is a free agent, and is having somewhat of a disappointing season anyway.

Just a question, why does everyone on the board have a problem with Cam Newton?????

The kid is an incredible football player, underrated as a passes and has Mike Vick like running ability. All he has done is destroy SEC defenses since he stepped on the field. I really wanna know what it is, Ive never seen a player with physical skill sets at the QB position EVER.
The BAD =

- Trading Gore...

The GOOD =

The way I look at the movements is from a value perspective. Gore still has high value especially when he comes back. OK, Rachal was a reach, but I don't think a fourth or fifth is out of reach. As far as Manny, IMO, heck yes let him walk even with the better performance this year.

I don't know about the FA. Woodley looks like he's hitting the FA market and with Manny not signed, why not. The Dahl and Nicks options were my bad because they are RFA. I do want a CB and Joesph is also an option. I think that once the CBA is in place, we will be going after key FA players immediately.

As far as Newton... Too bad so sad Oldman! My mock! I know of your disdain for him, but I do believe in his skills and with the right setup, he can become a monster in the NFL.

Yea, Watt may be gone in the backend of the first, but there are many players who are going to jumping into the first from the second AND some will drop. In the end, I think and agree Watt will be a late first pick. OK, I know one 5-tech will drop to us in the second.

Thanks for the feedback. I will be doing a more realistic job next time for sure.
Originally posted by duceduce2:
Love the Cam Newton pick. I think trading gore is not gonna happen, and where is this he is greedy thing coming from?? And nobody would trade a 3rd for Rachael maybe get a late round pick MAYBE. I would address the secondary sooner in the draft as I am not sure that Cromartie is a free agent, and is having somewhat of a disappointing season anyway.

Just a question, why does everyone on the board have a problem with Cam Newton?????

The kid is an incredible football player, underrated as a passes and has Mike Vick like running ability. All he has done is destroy SEC defenses since he stepped on the field. I really wanna know what it is, Ive never seen a player with physical skill sets at the QB position EVER.

because he is in a gimmicky offense? because he purchased a stolen laptop, and cheated in the classroom?

Those are the arguments people have on him.

I agree, no one has ever seen a qb like this before. I love him btw...but others have issues.
because he is in a gimmicky offense? because he purchased a stolen laptop, and cheated in the classroom?

I agree, no one has ever seen a qb like this before. I love him btw...but others have issues.

Im a big fan myself also, we could be looking at the prototype QB of the future. The spread offense agreement I can understand but there have been plenty of successful QBs , you guys have to look at the individual (Sam Bradford).

For the people that hold cheating in a classroom and buying a stolen laptop against that is ridiculous. Im in college and I know A LOT of people that cheat on exams, its happens more then you think. To the stolen laptop, maybe he didn't know it was stolen and even if he did it was one bad decision. At 18 or 19 did any of you do dumb stuff??? Pretty sure all you have. No DUI or fights at bars or anything of that nature. Give the kid a break, you guy hold athletes to higher standard then you hold yourselves, they are just people. They are young and are gonna make mistakes because we ALL do.

[ Edited by duceduce2 on Jan 5, 2011 at 14:45:16 ]
Originally posted by duceduce2:

Im a big fan myself also, we could be looking at the prototype QB of the future. The spread offense agreement I can understand but there have been plenty of successful QBs , you guys have to look at the individual (Sam Bradford).

For the people that hold cheating in a classroom and buying a stolen laptop against that is ridiculous. Im in college and I know A LOT of people that cheat on exams, its happens more then you think. To the stolen laptop, maybe he didn't know it was stolen and even if he did it was one bad decision. At 18 or 19 did any of you do dumb stuff??? Pretty sure all you have. No DUI or fights at bars or anything of that nature. Give the kid a break, you guy hold athletes to higher standard then you hold yourselves, they are just people. They are young and are gonna make mistakes because we ALL do.
Look I have argued for this. The ones who think he is dumb because he cheated argued if he cant do it in a classroom, what would he be like in film study? He aint the first to cheat....yet they are naive to think that all college student athletes dont....lol...for the record, no one would have known about the cheating if Florida hadnt illegally let that info out. And I have also argued for him being young and naieve and in another city. Its all here....its a bit long

http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/thread.php?num=147861
I like it, but with Goldson walking (which is fine with me) who is going to be our starting FS?

I also like trading Gore if possible for a few reasons. I think he is on the downside of his career, I think running backs are a lot easier to replace than other positions, and hopefully the new coach is going to more of a passing attack and I think Gore not being the center piece of the offense would be a problem for him. (Would also like to see Gore go to an immediate playoff contender for his last few years.)

[ Edited by captnkos on Jan 5, 2011 at 16:37:26 ]
Originally posted by captnkos:
I like it, but with Goldson walking (which is fine with me) who is going to be our starting FS?

Im for Nate Clements to move to FS. I know he can do great there, that way he can always play 10 - 15 yards off the line of scrimmage.

The BAD =

- Trading Gore...

The GOOD =

i agree. the team will never trade Gore and Rachal will not get a 3rd. i think Manny has done enough to resign and i think 7th is to high for Newton, but maybe if we trade down. and i could only wish we get those FA
Our free agent this year will be harbaugh at 7 to 8 million.
Originally posted by LBSI9ers:
Our free agent this year will be harbaugh at 7 to 8 million.

would be a successful offseason....altho we will have to outbid to possibly get him, a coach with no NFL HC experience should not be paid that much no matter who it is....thats just the way it goes tho i guess
Tico, why no love for Laboy? The guy has done more with the few chances he has got then anything Haralson has done for 3 years
also like most of your picks, but why spend a 2nd rounder on a Center?
Espescially when you just resigned Baas and Wragge, we have bigger holes like CB and WR
Share 49ersWebzone