LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 232 users in the forums

A realistic mock

This is based on www.drafttake.com with some changes of my own:

1) Da'Quan Bower DE/OLB Clemson - Pass rusher we need
2) Blaine Gabbert QB Missouri - Developmental QB for the future (needs to be coached to be a pro style QB)
3) Rashad Carmichael CB VA Tech - Cover corner we need
4A) Terrance Tolliver WR LSU or Sione Fua NT Stanford - Let GM/Coach decide which one would be higher need
4B) Casey Matthews ILB Oregon or WR Titus Young See above

Your thoughts...........................
Gabbert will be a first round pick. He is projected as a top 10 right now. While its still early in the offseason I don't see him falling out of the first round
The title of this thread is a joke.

If you think Gabbert is going to be there in the 2nd than you must be pulling names out of a hat or something.

There's an outside chance he falls to us at 7th overall, 0% he's there in the 2nd round.
Would be an amazing first 3 rounds, but not what I'd call realistic.

Should never do an either/or in a mock. Make a selection and stand by it.
Originally posted by m_brockalexander:
This is based on www.drafttake.com with some changes of my own:

2) Blaine Gabbert QB Missouri - Developmental QB for the future (needs to be coached to be a pro style QB)
4A) Terrance Tolliver WR LSU or Sione Fua NT Stanford - Let GM/Coach decide which one would be higher need
4B) Casey Matthews ILB Oregon or WR Titus Young See above

Your thoughts...........................

I like it, especially since it picks a dominant Def player to help get QB pressure and help our horrid secondary
I would also like:

1) Amukamara
2) Gabbert/Jake Locker
3) Best DL/OLB or C/OG
4) Fua
5) Titus Young--- I like austin pettis too
Originally posted by oldman9er:

agree with oldman but let me add this

Why in the world are they drafting another ILB?

This is just my opinion. I don't think Gabbert is a first round pick based on the system he comes from and his overall stats during his time there. Why he is projected as a top 10 pick is beyond me. If I were to make my selections in the 4th round, I would go for Fua and Titus Young.

[ Edited by m_brockalexander on Jan 5, 2011 at 14:48:45 ]
Originally posted by lamontb:

If they don't resign Spikes or McKillop does not make it back fully after being injured this year..........................
Gabbert is a 1st round pick and could go in the top 5. If we want him we have to trade up. At least ahead of Arizona.
Then this would be more realistic:

2) Jake Locker- Developmental QB for the future (needs to be coached to be a pro style QB)
4A) Sione Fua NT Stanford - NT replacement for Franklin
4B) WR/KR Titus Young Fills need at WR and adds to our special teams

Originally posted by rspinale:
Gabbert will be a first round pick. He is projected as a top 10 right now. While its still early in the offseason I don't see him falling out of the first round

Sporting News just updated their mock to have the 9ers taking Gabbert at #7.

Edit--I've only seen Locker play 3 or 4 times this year but yesh! No thanks. Tough, good power runner but didn't show much else.

[ Edited by dtg_9er on Jan 5, 2011 at 15:26:15 ]
looks good withever qb is there in the second rd with Luck,Newton,Mallet,Gabbert,Locker one of those guys will fall
I agree with an ilb let spikes walk Bowman is ready and Mckillop is coming back from injury. I like the cb,wr and nt from stanford good job
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Every time someone uses the title "a serious mock" it is usually really bad....
Originally posted by lamontb:

Not sure how McKillop will turn out. The only backup ILB this season was Bowman... before they brought Kristick up from the PS. Now, might not bring Spikes back. Puts Bowman as a starter with... just McKillop as a backup option? Not too good.
Couple notes on QB's: Unless both QB's go on a major crime spree, both Gabbert and Locker will be first round picks. Both have great physical skills, and scouts drool over the prospect of a team working with those skills. I expect both to put on a good show at their campus and personal workouts.

I have reservations about Locker being our franchise QB, but he's not going to be there in the second round. Gabbert is pretty much a top ten lock. So many teams have major QB issues (Panthers, Cards, Niners, Titans, Redskins) that there could be a run on them inside the top ten picks.
Share 49ersWebzone