There are 137 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Pat Devlin at #7--ride the wagon

bank on this kid sky rocketing up the so called prognosticator draft boards as we approach april

the niners will seriously be considering him at #7th pick in the draft.

uncanny accuracy, cannon arm......excellent ability to go through multiple reads on plays.

the kid is a great prospect.

i live in Philly and have been following him closely here at Univ of Delaware.

lets see if my eyes are fooling me as we lead up to the draft
  • dald1
  • Veteran
i just dont see it.
lol a lot of bandwagons. This is going to get interesting around draft time.
Do you have a mental illness? Not even Al Davis would make a reach like that.
Originally posted by Thorhawk:
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Originally posted by Thorhawk:

I can't find any good highlights of this guy
hahahahahahahahahahaa
In the ONLY game I watched he seriously looked terrible. But I can't really judge though because of this one game.

Joe Flacco looks pretty good.

But at 7? Hell no.
no thanks
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Uh no. We would be reaching in the 3rd round if we took him. He will be a 4th and more likely a 5th rounder unless he has the most amazing combine and pulls an Alex Smith and aces the test.

Edit: by the way I am high as hell on Devlin but even I know we would never play a guy like him #7 money. Even if he was D1 talent and recruited by Pitt. Speaking of Pitt not only did they scare of Devlin but now they've scared off Rob Boldin.
I would love it if we went a little nuts and picked qb in the first followed by a cb/de combo in the 2nd/3rd then Devlin or Stanzi(even though I hate him) in the fourth and then who cares after that. :D It's sad but we could honestly use a double draft on QB this year or at least think about one next year or the year after that. If we have a depth charter like
Bulger/McNabb/A.Smith
Rookie
N. Davis or worse
I could see them doing it.

[ Edited by sfout on Jan 5, 2011 at 00:19:51 ]
I've said it many many times before. I know Pat from football camps in high school, etc and he is NOT anything special. He's a solid qb but not even close to a 1st or 2nd round player.
Originally posted by sfout:
Uh no. We would be reaching in the 3rd round if we took him. He will be a 4th and more likely a 5th rounder unless he has the most amazing combine and pulls an Alex Smith and aces the test.

Edit: by the way I am high as hell on Devlin but even I know we would never play a guy like him #7 money. Even if he was D1 talent and recruited by Pitt. Speaking of Pitt not only did they scare of Devlin but now they've scared off Rob Boldin.
I would love it if we went a little nuts and picked qb in the first followed by a cb/de combo in the 2nd/3rd then Devlin or Stanzi(even though I hate him) in the fourth and then who cares after that. :D It's sad but we could honestly use a double draft on QB this year or at least think about one next year or the year after that. If we have a depth charter like
Bulger/McNabb/A.Smith
Rookie
N. Davis or worse
I could see them doing it.

Pitt? Penn State. Devlin wasnt scared off, he lost a qb competition and wanted to play 2 years instead of 1.