There are 139 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Lets Just say....hypothetical

• sfout
  • Veteran
We will never get Luck. The panthers will not trade out of the pick, sources have said they will take Luck if he declares. Unless he pulls an Eli or decides to wait another year to go to another team we will never get him. I don't care that you are saying hypothetical because it will never happen. If anything we will get him because he refuses to sign with Carolina.

[ Edited by sfout on Jan 4, 2011 at 19:37:00 ]
crabtree!!! trade crabtree!!! he doesnt want to be a niner anyway!!! give CAR our 2011 1st, 2nd, Crabtree and our 2012 2nd, 4th
Originally posted by qwestlove94:
Lets say we land harbaugh, and he wants andrew luck no matter what, who would you be willing to trade to move down in the draft to get him? The asking price will be high no doubt.

Dude this has been discussed use SEARCH FUNCTION
I would think 1st, 2nd, 4th, and 1st next year would do it.

I would not be happy to part with the players they would likely require. They would doubtfully want Willis as they have Beason. Vernon Davis, but I would not like to see that at all, he's my favorite Niner. Justin Smith would be a tough pill to swallow. I really like the guy. Gore deserves to be a career Niner imo, but would be ok if it were for value higher than he maybe deserves, but again they have players at that position. Giving up Iupati would be tough, but I would be ok with it again if it were for high value.
Everyone seems to think that they are a qb away then trade the whole stinking draft. Fill the voids undrafted free agents and affordible vets. What does it matter if you have a potential hall of famer / perriniel pro bowler QB sitting there. In a year or two you can add the needed parts to be a dynasty. Or lets just pass it all up and draft a nice Corner Back.
Originally posted by global_nomad:
Back in 2008 Harbaugh said that Josh Johnson was better than Troy Smith and Johnson would be a lot less to trade for with TB than it would to get Luck from Carolina.

Yeah, and a Hyundai is cheaper to buy than a Audi.
If we get Harbaugh, the only person I wouldn't trade for Luck is ... Harbaugh
Originally posted by daWest:
crabtree!!! trade crabtree!!! he doesnt want to be a niner anyway!!! give CAR our 2011 1st, 2nd, Crabtree and our 2012 2nd, 4th

I'd trade Crabtree too. WRs can be found anywhere in the draft.
Originally posted by Travisty13:

Yeah, we have been able to get a WR every year since T.O. left. Ooops... No we haven't!

That being said, I would GLADLY trade Crabtree to the Panthers if it meant getting the #1 pick from them. If Bradford can make it with Danny Amendola as his #1 WR, Luck can get by with Josh Morgan and Vernon Davis.
Originally posted by OregonNiner87:
Who ever besides Vernon, maybe Patrick. Vernon is much more of a leader and fiery person in my opinion.

Id trade vernon all day before I traded willis, willis is probably our most untouchable

If Luck is the player I think he will be, then nobody on the roster is untouchable, including Willis.

I'd make the trade if I had to, but as I stated in another thread, Carolina already has Beason (although he's listed as OLB on NFL.com for some reason) so I don't think they'd be seeking Willis. I'd trade away 2 firsts, a 4th this year and a 2nd next year. Maybe package a key player like Gore or Crabtree as well, but I'd try to just trade picks.

I'd save our 2nd this year to go with the best CB available, though.
Originally posted by sfout:
We will never get Luck. The panthers will not trade out of the pick, sources have said they will take Luck if he declares. Unless he pulls an Eli or decides to wait another year to go to another team we will never get him. I don't care that you are saying hypothetical because it will never happen. If anything we will get him because he refuses to sign with Carolina.

Best case scenario: we hire Harbaugh, Luck declares, Carolina selects him, he pulls an Eli and demands to be traded to SF, we get away with a better trade package than we would by trying to trade up to the #1 pick.
Originally posted by DynastyPart2:
Originally posted by Travisty13:

Yeah, we have been able to get a WR every year since T.O. left. Ooops... No we haven't!

That being said, I would GLADLY trade Crabtree to the Panthers if it meant getting the #1 pick from them. If Bradford can make it with Danny Amendola as his #1 WR, Luck can get by with Josh Morgan and Vernon Davis.

I know part of the reason is because we haven't had the scheme for it or a QB to make it happen, but Crabtree just hasn't been a trailblazer by any means. I know typically you give players 3 years before you can judge them. But like you said, a good QB can make an average WR better.
Amendola had 85 rec for 689 yards. Crabtree had 55 for 741. And we can all admit we know Crabs is better then Danny. But it just shows a superior QB helps big time.
Originally posted by 49erRider:
Originally posted by OregonNiner87:
Who ever besides Vernon, maybe Patrick. Vernon is much more of a leader and fiery person in my opinion.

Id trade vernon all day before I traded willis, willis is probably our most untouchable

If Luck is the player I think he will be, then nobody on the roster is untouchable, including Willis.

I'd make the trade if I had to, but as I stated in another thread, Carolina already has Beason (although he's listed as OLB on NFL.com for some reason) so I don't think they'd be seeking Willis. I'd trade away 2 firsts, a 4th this year and a 2nd next year. Maybe package a key player like Gore or Crabtree as well, but I'd try to just trade picks.

I'd save our 2nd this year to go with the best CB available, though.

i would never trade willis a future hall of famer for luck who could be a bust not saying he will be but someone who isnt proven in the nfl
Originally posted by 49erRider:
Originally posted by sfout:

Best case scenario: we hire Harbaugh, Luck declares, Carolina selects him, he pulls an Eli and demands to be traded to SF, we get away with a better trade package than we would by trying to trade up to the #1 pick.

Im praying 4 this 2 happen right now
it may be different if the player landed on our team but anyone that pulled an eli manning i could not respect. that is something you just dont do such as hold out for a new contract when you just got a new one a few years ago. if you deserve it you will get it. saying you wont play for a team and demanding a trade via eli manning would not allow me to be a fan of luck.

then again if he became a niner idk