There are 117 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Final Bowl Prospect Watch Before National Championship (Jan. 6 - 9)

• Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
What's your projection OTC on Romeus, 2nd early 3rd maybe??

Even though, I'm not sure he can play OLB in a 3-4, I think of him as a Andre Carter type DE, pure 4-3 DE IMO.
Originally posted by Kolohe:
What's your projection OTC on Romeus, 2nd early 3rd maybe??

Even though, I'm not sure he can play OLB in a 3-4, I think of him as a Andre Carter type DE, pure 4-3 DE IMO.

Romeus is a 4th until he can prove he is healthy. Combine will be very telling. If he doesn't show good mobility, I predict him staying around a 4th round grade despite his production early in his career. Injuries really hurt him, and some scouts knock his change of direction ability because of his height, but also general tendency to stand tall and get washed out, losing leverage.

Jabaal Sheard blew him out of the water this year. With Romeus out, Sheard shined, so it was ever so apparent that any success Jabaal had before was all his own talent, and not the help of Romeus. Some people think it might be quite the opposite -- that Romeus was the benefactor of Sheard's play.
[ Edited by OnTheClock on Jan 9, 2011 at 10:59 AM ]
SECOND REMINDER:

#15 Nevada (QB Colin Kaepernick and OLB Dontay Moch) vs. Boston College tonight on ESPN at 9:00 EST.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
SECOND REMINDER:

#15 Nevada (QB Colin Kaepernick and OLB Dontay Moch) vs. Boston College tonight on ESPN at 9:00 EST.

Excellent prospects that will fit our schemes...Mark Herzlich for BC is another guy to keep an eye on too.
anybody got a stream for the nevada game?
Originally posted by nevadalove9ers2:

Try atdhe.net
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
SECOND REMINDER:

Excellent prospects that will fit our schemes...Mark Herzlich for BC is another guy to keep an eye on too.

I like Herzlich but I'm not sure he would really fit in a 3-4?
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
SECOND REMINDER:

6'4", 240 with good speed, great motor and pass rush potential...I don't see why he's not a good fit as a development OLB/DE.
SECOND REMINDER:

If KP didn't have such a funky delivery, I think he'd be considered a lock 2nd rounder (or possibly a late-1st). His throwing motion will need to be re-worked (sort of like Tebow), but I love his athleticism, fire and football instincts.

Try atdhe.net

I have been having trouble loading atdhe. Theres one up on veetle now

thanks!
SECOND REMINDER:

If KP didn't have such a funky delivery, I think he'd be considered a lock 2nd rounder (or possibly a late-1st). His throwing motion will need to be re-worked (sort of like Tebow), but I love his athleticism, fire and football instincts.

He was thought to be a lock in the 1st. I'm pulling for him. You know your getting someone with an incredible work ethic and strong character.

Colin should shine on a big stage.
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
SECOND REMINDER:

6'4", 240 with good speed, great motor and pass rush potential...I don't see why he's not a good fit as a development OLB/DE.

He hasn't really been used as a pass rusher in his career. He's good at dropping back in coverage, and he's only 238. I like him as a player and wanted him if we switched to a 4-3 but if we stay in the 3-4 there are better choices for 2nd-3rd round picks. We need pass rushers from that position.
#58 Ryan Coulson has impressed me so far, he is all over the place.
[ Edited by ChaunceyGardner on Jan 9, 2011 at 6:27 PM ]

Try atdhe.net

espn3.com
Kaepernick is having a good game.

Edit - cue immediate potential game changing INT.
[ Edited by ChaunceyGardner on Jan 9, 2011 at 8:20 PM ]