LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 247 users in the forums

Which QBs will fit a Harbaugh team?

Cameron Newton of the soon to be BCS Champion Auburn Tigers. perfect for a WCO. very accurate, mobile, smart decisions and good under pressure so screens and o-line breakdowns should be fun to watch. im riding shotgun on that bandwagon.
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
Cameron Newton of the soon to be BCS Champion Auburn Tigers. perfect for a WCO. very accurate, mobile, smart decisions and good under pressure so screens and o-line breakdowns should be fun to watch. im riding shotgun on that bandwagon.

Originally posted by OtisDriftwood:
Originally posted by fan49:
Originally posted by jimmy49erfan:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Luck or Gabbert could be good. Mallett is a statue. Locker has upside but a long way to go. Newton has even further to go.

Luck, Newton and maybe Mallet everyone else accuracy concerns that these 3 dont have. Accuracy was what Walsh looked for and im sure Harbaugh is the same. I dont see any other QB who can throw as accurately as those 3 short,medium or deep.

well all cams scouting reports say hes really accurate with the long ball, not to mention hes more mobile than anyone you named

i can see Cam falling far, he fits the Russell/VY mold. I personally wouldnt want to take a chance on him.

and I can see you dont know what you are talking about
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Luck or Gabbert could be good. Mallett is a statue. Locker has upside but a long way to go. Newton has even further to go.

Do you consider him mobile?...

Well I don't consider him a statue.

Trade for Josh Johnson makes sense.

Drafting Gabbert by trading back up into the first or Dalton mid round sound good.

I could see both happening, we have 1 QB and he looks locked into a #2 role.
Originally posted by ChaunceyGardner:

Drafting Gabbert by trading back up into the first or Dalton mid round sound good.

Agreed...however, now that Vince Young is gone in Tennesse, look for the Titans to try and jump both us and Arizona to grab either Gabbert or Newton. Hopefully they try and trade for McNabb or sit tight and wait for Mallett or Locker (both of whom should be available at #8), but you never know.

Veteran QBs we should consider (free agency or via trade) as stop-gaps until our rookie is ready:

1.) Josh Johnson
2.) Jon Kitna
3.) Billy Volek
4.) Matt Hasselbeck
5.) Donovan McNabb
6.) Dennis Dixon

[ Edited by GhostofFredDean74 on Jan 5, 2011 at 16:16:26 ]
Personally, I think Harbaugh would do well with the potential 1st round QBs. I would want Locker over anyone not named Luck, and Stanzi second.
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:

Agreed...however, now that Vince Young is gone in Tennesse, look for the Titans to try and jump both us and Arizona to grab either Gabbert or Newton. Hopefully they try and trade for McNabb or sit tight and wait for Mallett or Locker (both of whom should be available at #8), but you never know.

Veteran QBs we should consider (free agency or via trade) as stop-gaps until our rookie is ready:

1.) Josh Johnson
2.) Jon Kitna
3.) Billy Volek
4.) Matt Hasselbeck
5.) Donovan McNabb
6.) Dennis Dixon

What about Bulger from BMore?
If Harbaugh becomes HC and if it is at all possible to trade up to number one to draft LUCK, he must do it. There is no way I would take a chance on not drafting LUCK if I was Harbaugh especially when we are close to him (within 6 six spots). Harbaugh is about to embark on a journey to return this franchise back to glory. LUCK has the skills and caliber to make that happen. No other QB has that prospect, not even in free agency. Why would you not pull the trigger???
Originally posted by LionHeartofGold:
If Harbaugh becomes HC and if it is at all possible to trade up to number one to draft LUCK, he must do it. There is no way I would take a chance on not drafting LUCK if I was Harbaugh especially when we are close to him (within 6 six spots). Harbaugh is about to embark on a journey to return this franchise back to glory. LUCK has the skills and caliber to make that happen. No other QB has that prospect, not even in free agency. Why would you not pull the trigger???

Because it's giving up a lot and we're not just a QB away from winning a superbowl.

Originally posted by WillistheWall:
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:

1.) Josh Johnson
2.) Jon Kitna
3.) Billy Volek
4.) Matt Hasselbeck
5.) Donovan McNabb
6.) Dennis Dixon

What about Bulger from BMore?

IMO, he's a little too stationary to be an effective WCO QB. The ability to buy time and take off and run when the pocket breaks down is still a key component of the west coast passing offense.
Originally posted by footballxpaul:
Originally posted by OtisDriftwood:
Originally posted by fan49:
Originally posted by jimmy49erfan:

Luck, Newton and maybe Mallet everyone else accuracy concerns that these 3 dont have. Accuracy was what Walsh looked for and im sure Harbaugh is the same. I dont see any other QB who can throw as accurately as those 3 short,medium or deep.

well all cams scouting reports say hes really accurate with the long ball, not to mention hes more mobile than anyone you named

i can see Cam falling far, he fits the Russell/VY mold. I personally wouldnt want to take a chance on him.

and I can see you dont know what you are talking about

okay . great defense there.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by itlynstalyn:
Originally posted by LionHeartofGold:

Because it's giving up a lot and we're not just a QB away from winning a superbowl.

Your right, but we are a QB away from winning the division.
Anyone have an opinion on T.J. Yates out of North Carolina?
Originally posted by sfninerfanMax:
I think Harbaugh likes a mobile QB, strong arm and most of all accuracy and smarts.

sound like he likes the perfect QB, lol.
Share 49ersWebzone