There are 113 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Which QBs will fit a Harbaugh team?

Sorry don't follow College football a lot..
Andrew Luck.
Luck or Gabbert could be good. Mallett is a statue. Locker has upside but a long way to go. Newton has even further to go.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Luck or Gabbert could be good. Mallett is a statue. Locker has upside but a long way to go. Newton has even further to go.

Originally posted by Kolohe:

Do you consider him mobile?...

Whichever one he chooses.
this.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
If we could improve Devlin's mobility he would be a great developmental qb for Harbaugh.

When you say statue, I think of Drew Bledsoe Mallet is big enough to be more mobile (being able to escape pressure) than an Eli Manning but not as good as Big Ben IMO
  • rob28
  • Veteran

no just like brady and manning.
Member Milestone: This is post number 1,600 for jimmy49erfan.

Luck, Newton and maybe Mallet everyone else accuracy concerns that these 3 dont have. Accuracy was what Walsh looked for and im sure Harbaugh is the same. I dont see any other QB who can throw as accurately as those 3 short,medium or deep.
I think Harbaugh likes a mobile QB, strong arm and most of all accuracy and smarts.

[ Edited by sfninerfanMax on Jan 4, 2011 at 19:17:33 ]
  • obx49
  • Veteran
Kellen Moore.

/thread.
Originally posted by obx49:
Kellen Moore.

/thread.

That does make sense, I remember reading yesterday that Walsh told Harbaugh that a quarterback's football IQ is the most important attribute. I also read a book that someone wrote about Bill Walsh and his life in football, and he said (Walsh) that good footwork is also crucial for a QB.

I don't think we will settle for Moore though, I think he'll take what he can get at 7 or trade up a few if one is about to be taken. His first order of business at Stanford was getting a QB (Luck) and i expect the same if he becomes to San Fran

[ Edited by OregonDuckNiner on Jan 4, 2011 at 19:43:21 ]
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home