There are 79 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Blaine Gabbert enters NFL draft

Originally posted by jimrat201:
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
he's going to the Cards.

My buddy who is from St. Louis is a HUGE Blaine Gabbert and Mallett fan and he can't decide which one he wants for his Cards.

St. Louis??? Cards??? Is he confused??
  • jimrat
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49ers18:
he's going to the Cards.

My buddy who is from St. Louis is a HUGE Blaine Gabbert and Mallett fan and he can't decide which one he wants for his Cards.

LOL cmon man, they where the St. Louis Cardinals before they moved to Arizona.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
Originally posted by VD85:
Id prefer Locker if we get Harbaugh. he's better for the WCO. (if we don't trade for Luck)

I DON'T want Mallet or Newton though. BUSTS!!

Newton is gonna be a beast. people talked s**t on Tebow and said he would be a 3rd round H-Back. he looks pretty good as a QB so far.

check this out. http://espn.go.com/blog/statsinfo/post/_/id/13266/cam-newton-handling-pressure-well it shows Cam performers at an even higher level when he is pressured. we need a play maker who can improvise when stuff breaks down. hes accurate, mobile, fiery and he has a cannon for an arm. in a WCO this guy is going to be a beast.

Tebow > Newton. He's more accurate.

clausen was supposedly more accurate than tebow but it doesnt look that way right about now.

Tebow > Claussen. I don't think that's close either. Tebow was very underrated by this board. He's a very accurate thrower. He always was and still is. All you have to do is watch the games. He was never a pure runner. He's very accurate. His accuracy is massively underrated. People are surprised but he's always had that at Florida too.

thats what i thought too but all the experts on this board crucified anyone who said tebow would be a good qb. Cam had a 67.1 completion percentage, 28 passing TDs and 20 Rushing TD's, threw for 2589 and rushed for 1409 yards, threw only 6 picks, and lead his team to an undefeated season while playing in the SEC. he is a leader and a beast of an athlete at 6'6" 250lbs with speed. if harbaugh gets his hands on this guy its a wrap for the rest of the nfl.
  • jimrat
  • Veteran
he's going to the Cards.

Id prefer Locker if we get Harbaugh. he's better for the WCO. (if we don't trade for Luck)

Newton is gonna be a beast. people talked s**t on Tebow and said he would be a 3rd round H-Back. he looks pretty good as a QB so far.

check this out. http://espn.go.com/blog/statsinfo/post/_/id/13266/cam-newton-handling-pressure-well it shows Cam performers at an even higher level when he is pressured. we need a play maker who can improvise when stuff breaks down. hes accurate, mobile, fiery and he has a cannon for an arm. in a WCO this guy is going to be a beast.

clausen was supposedly more accurate than tebow but it doesnt look that way right about now.

Tebow > Claussen. I don't think that's close either. Tebow was very underrated by this board. He's a very accurate thrower. He always was and still is. All you have to do is watch the games. He was never a pure runner. He's very accurate. His accuracy is massively underrated. People are surprised but he's always had that at Florida too.

thats what i thought too but all the experts on this board crucified anyone who said tebow would be a good qb. Cam had a 67.1 completion percentage, 28 passing TDs and 20 Rushing TD's, threw for 2589 and rushed for 1409 yards, threw only 6 picks, and lead his team to an undefeated season while playing in the SEC. he is a leader and a beast of an athlete at 6'6" 250lbs with speed. if harbaugh gets his hands on this guy its a wrap for the rest of the nfl.

IMO Cam does not have the throwing accuracy of Tebow. Just from watching the games. Cam's passes are not that on the money. With Tebow you can talk about an unorthodox throwing motion but it gets there accurately. And that's all that matters.

IMO Cam does not have the throwing accuracy of Tebow. Just from watching the games. Cam's passes are not that on the money. With Tebow you can talk about an unorthodox throwing motion but it gets there accurately. And that's all that matters.

Speaking of inaccuracy, you're so far off on this it's not even funny.

lol a qb isnt gonna hit a receiver directly in the hand on every throw. all the awesome catches that people make in in the pros look awesome because the throw was a little off but the receiver went and got it. point is it was close enough to make a play on more likely than not. cam is very accurates. 67.1 completion percentage. joe montana only eclipsed that percentage once and steve young was at or around that 67% during a few of his best years except the year he was at 70. thats pretty impressive, i know its college but im just showing you that this guy is accurate and those are two of the greatest QBs of all time in their best years and their percentages. Cam is a very accurate QB.
Buffallo @ 3?
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
Originally posted by btwagner:
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
He'll be a first rounder, but likely will be over-drafted. I think he's a top 20 kind of guy, right now.

I think as time goes by and Harbaugh leaves Stanford so will Luck. Gabbert will be #2 QB off the board. If the niners want him they will likely have to move ahead of Cardinals....

I don't think the Cards draft a QB in the 1st round (not sure Whisenhunt has the time/inclination to develop a rookie)...I think they make a play for a veteran (Alex Smith is a strong possibility here, as is McNabb) and use their 5th overall to draft a CB or pass rusher.

Could very well be right....Id love to see the niners be able to draft one of the top corners myself....But they need to get a QB so badly.....

Talking out yo ass again SD? Dude. Enough already. He is BETTER than Jake Locker, your boy.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
he's going to the Cards.

I hope that was sarcasm.....

[ Edited by sfout on Jan 4, 2011 at 08:19:29 ]
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
Gabbert to the Bengals at number 4. Seriously doubt he falls past the Cards at 5.

P.S. Living here in Ohio, I call tell you that the fans are ready to run Carson Palmer out of town. He has really dropped off, and will more than likely be on other roster next season.

hopefully ours
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by cory4903:
Gabbert to the Bengals at number 4. Seriously doubt he falls past the Cards at 5.

P.S. Living here in Ohio, I call tell you that the fans are ready to run Carson Palmer out of town. He has really dropped off, and will more than likely be on other roster next season.

hopefully ours

Why would you want a qb like Palmer, sure he threw for 4,000 yards again but in a year the bengals tried to be pass heavy he threw 20 picks. I don't know how many of them were tipped by WRs but looking at his career stats I don't want him. 150 tds to 100 ints??? 3-2 ratio? No thank you. His best year in the league was his second and that was 4-5 years ago. Palmer is 31 and I'm going to throw up a little bit but I would rather have someone like Kolb, Gradkowski, Clemens, all true backups but with low miles. If we are actually searching for our "qb of the future" right now Palmer is a nothing but a stop gap and bad one at that. Not too mention he is apparently being run out of town by the fan base, much like Alex.

[ Edited by sfout on Jan 4, 2011 at 08:42:48 ]
Originally posted by sfout:

hopefully ours

Why would you want a qb like Palmer, sure he threw for 4,000 yards again but in a year the bengals tried to be pass heavy he threw 20 picks. I don't know how many of them were tipped by WRs but looking at his career stats I don't want him. 150 tds to 100 ints??? 3-2 ratio? No thank you. His best year in the league was his second and that was 4-5 years ago. Palmer is 31 and I'm going to throw up a little bit but I would rather have someone like Kolb, Gradkowski, Clemens, all true backups but with low miles. If we are actually searching for our "qb of the future" right now Palmer is a nothing but a stop gap and bad one at that. Not too mention he is apparently being run out of town by the fan base, much like Alex.

because he would be the perfect type of veteran qb to have here while we groom a young qb like mallet, newton, gabbert in 1st, or sstanzi or devlin in later rounds. He would allow us the chance to still compete in the NFC west next year, while at the same time preparing our qb of the future.

EDIT: If palmer is such a bad stop gap option in your opinion, who would you prefer? Alex is definately gone, Troy Smith is nowhere near the QB Palmer is, there are no other starting qbs available in free agency with the experience and ability of palmer. Like alex, I think a chance of scenery would revitalize carson.

[ Edited by cory4903 on Jan 4, 2011 at 08:49:34 ]
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by sfout:

hopefully ours

because he would be the perfect type of veteran qb to have here while we groom a young qb like mallet, newton, gabbert in 1st, or sstanzi or devlin in later rounds. He would allow us the chance to still compete in the NFC west next year, while at the same time preparing our qb of the future.

But would you be willing to pay him what he thinks he is worth? I wouldn't be, only if we could get him for dirt cheap would I ever like the idea of Palmer being a 9er.