There are 235 users in the forums

How much did beating Arizona Cost us?

It cost us a big glass of "get the hell over it and move on!"
cost us andrew luck.
  • dj43
It might have cost a shot at the second best QB in the draft, all this depending on whether or not Luck comes out. If he doesn't, Carolina will not likely take a QB. They have too many other needs. In that case, AZ takes a QB, if they don't grab a FA instead, and that still leaves the 49ers with a chance to select the second best QB that comes out.

I don't believe it hurt at all. There will still be a very good value pick available to this team that will also fill a major need.
Originally posted by TMays_isaBEAST23:
Not too bad. We're in a good position to pick Prince

I would love that
  • dj43
Originally posted by oldman9er:
It cost us a big glass of "get the hell over it and move on!"

That would be a mug.
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:
Originally posted by TMays_isaBEAST23:
Not too bad. We're in a good position to pick Prince

I would love that

the only team that eeds a CB ahead if us is dever so we may as well get peterso however i would love to get price as well
Originally posted by JBatta49erfansince81:
I cant help but think Arizona gave up on that game just so they can draft a few spots higher then us

You should help but think that. These are professional players playing for money. Coaches doing the same. They are not going to lay down and just to move up a couple spots in the draft because doing so could affect their future income.
it cost us 5 superbowls.
It didn't cost us much in the first round but it will cost us a lot in the second round and beyond. There are 7 teams with a 6-10 record this year. That means in the second round we will have the 13th pick, in the 3rd round the 12th pick and so on. That really stinks. We'd almost have been better off getting the 8th pick in the draft where we could have had the 8th pick in the 1st and the 7th pick in the 2nd. I could be mistaken about this but I think that's how it's done.
Two spots aren't too significant. Look where Arron Rodgers was picked and look how good he's playing. He's playing better than Eli. I think w/ the right persons picking we'll do very well.

not much, 2 spots maybe. 7th is still a good position to draft in come April.
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
Exceedingly little.
You can't undervalue the psychological effect that hammering a division rival 4 straight times does for the team. The cardinals are scared of the niners and the last game helped solidify that. If it had been a close win or a win in which both teams played poorly then that would be different. The fact remains that the cardinals were good enough to beat dallas and then laid down for the niners and got whooped.
Originally posted by AllTimeGreat:
It didn't cost us much in the first round but it will cost us a lot in the second round and beyond. There are 7 teams with a 6-10 record this year. That means in the second round we will have the 13th pick, in the 3rd round the 12th pick and so on. That really stinks. We'd almost have been better off getting the 8th pick in the draft where we could have had the 8th pick in the 1st and the 7th pick in the 2nd. I could be mistaken about this but I think that's how it's done.

This.

Moving back 2 picks in the first round likely won't be a huge deal.

But moving back 5-7 spots in each of the remaining rounds could hurt. Especially in rounds 2 and 3, when the gap is the widest and there is the biggest chance for just missing out on higher level talent that just fell a bit in the draft.

Could be the difference from getting that 1st round talent in the second (or second round talent in the third) who just slipped a bit, vs reaching to fill a need because those guys just got taken and now the next best (insert position here) is a reach.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
This is why I hoping to lose out every game after we started 1-6.
Share 49ersWebzone