LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 209 users in the forums

How much did beating Arizona Cost us?

I cant help but think Arizona gave up on that game just so they can draft a few spots higher then us pretty much ending any chances of us getting Andrew Luck. I get a strong feeling that Arizona would draft him. While the franchise thinks yesterdays game was a positive I strongly feel they have completely missed the big picture buy actually trying to win that game. Just another sign on how clueless this whole organization is.

Moving forward what position do you think we will go after first? What players should I start looking towards?

[ Edited by JBatta49erfansince81 on Jan 3, 2011 at 10:54:07 ]
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
Ask me again in three years.
yep, because having a higher draft pick automatically means you get a better player.

ted ginn >>>>>>>> patrick willis.

STUPID NINERS HOW COULD YOU WIN!!!
Not too bad. We're in a good position to pick Prince
  • Nuns
  • Veteran
It probably saved us a couple million dollars. I'll be interested to see what happens with the rookie cap, as high draft pick could end up being better value than they are right now.
Not much. All I wanted was #1 pick. At#7, the 49ers can be creative. If QB is not there, get Prince, Peterson or Clayborn. Or trade down get more picks then get Newton.
Last time Arizona picked 5th they took Levi Brown, and who dropped to #7? Adrian Peterson. Lets hope this plays out in a similar fashion with an impact player sitting at 7 for us!!!
Two draft spots and millions of dollars saved. Not bad.
I thought there was going to be a rookie cap next year?
And none of you are concerned that we may miss the chance to draft a possible stud QB in Luck? Rams already got their start for the next 15 years in Bradford. If the Cards get Luck and he pans out as expected we may not win this division till 2025.
  • Chief
  • Veteran
Originally posted by DarthNiner:

Really, you don't know if money was saved or not. Depends on the player you draft and production and a million other factors. Jersey sales, wins, loses and etc.

Originally posted by MrCrab49ers:
Not much. All I wanted was #1 pick. At#7, the 49ers can be creative. If QB is not there, get Prince, Peterson or Clayborn. Or trade down get more picks then get Newton.

In my opinion, Clayborn is not worth a top 10 pick. I him as a 1st rounder overall, but not a top 10 pick. Maybe top 20.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Originally posted by MrCrab49ers:

In my opinion, Clayborn is not worth a top 10 pick. I him as a 1st rounder overall, but not a top 10 pick. Maybe top 20.

IMO I think Cam Jordan may have surpassed Clayborn. He just had a down year.
2 spots in the draft not really that bad
And its not like the #5 spot will see Luck, either. The only real cost is if we decide to trade up to #1, in which case we'll have to give up slightly more starting from the 7 slot than we would from the 5 slot, but even then its marginal.
Originally posted by Chief:
Originally posted by DarthNiner:

Really, you don't know if money was saved or not. Depends on the player you draft and production and a million other factors. Jersey sales, wins, loses and etc.

Just talking in general. Not out of my ass.
Share 49ersWebzone