LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 248 users in the forums

Who would you rather trade picks for? Luck vs Kolb

Who would you rather trade picks for? Luck vs Kolb

Originally posted by ZRF80:
Kolb is the safer choice. He has proven that he can play in this league. Luck is great potential, but thats the only thing we can go by at this point.

Also, if you want to win NOW, Kolb is the better option.

Unm Kolb is the safer choice? Did ya watch his first two games? How about the terd on Sunday against a Cowboy defense that MADD Sketon look great. Luck is smarter and stronger and oh yea much much younger. No way even with Kolb do we win playoff games with that piss poor secondary.
Originally posted by rawdel:
I'll gladly give up this years first and 2012's first to move up and get Luck. If not, I'll still be happy if we can get Patrick Peterson at 7.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by dj43:
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:
Asuming we get Jim Harbough who does the Zone like more:

I think Kolb would be cheaper exp with a bad showing on Sunday

To get Luck we could send: 7th overall and forth round and 1st next year
According to the value chart, it would take our 1st and 2nd this year (#7 position) and a 1st next year, assuming drafting #17 or higher.

1st overall = 3,000 points.

#7 = 1,500
2nd round = 510
#17 (1st round next year) = 950

That is a lot of quality players to give up for a team that still has more needs than just a QB. Better be very sure Luck is everything some think.

If it only took those three picks to secure the rights for Luck, then by all means pull the trigger. We would still have 8 more picks left, which would be more than enough to pick up some quality players.
Someone needs to explain to me what's so good about Kolb. I haven't seen anything in his play to suggest he's good, and over here, he wouldn't have Andy Reid's coaching. I'd take Luck over him, easily.

According to the value chart, it would take our 1st and 2nd this year (#7 position) and a 1st next year, assuming drafting #17 or higher.

#7 = 1,500
2nd round = 510

That is a lot of quality players to give up for a team that still has more needs than just a QB. Better be very sure Luck is everything some think.

Luck is everything--His accuracy, smarts, and athletic ability are unmatched. He is worth two firsts and a second--easily!
16% of voters in this poll have a bit of retard in them.
Kolb is the most overrated quarterback in the NFL today.
Originally posted by Kolohe:

#7 = 1,500
2nd round = 510

If it only took those three picks to secure the rights for Luck, then by all means pull the trigger. We would still have 8 more picks left, which would be more than enough to pick up some quality players.

In a heartbeat. I don't think it'll come that cheap.
  • Furlow
  • Veteran

#7 = 1,500
2nd round = 510

I agree, pull that trigger right away. Of course, Luck's success will completely depend on having solid coaching and a functional front office.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Jakemall:

#7 = 1,500
2nd round = 510

In a heartbeat. I don't think it'll come that cheap.

That would be one of the cheapest trades ever. Shoot, I'd throw in Pary's Haralson just for hell of it!!!!

• mod
  • Veteran
I wouldn't give more than a third for kolb. Luck however, I'd give two firsts and maybe A player or low draft pick
lol, two 1sts for Kolb but not two 1sts and maybe another pick for Luck? STUPID. Luck all the way.
Are we actually trying to compare Kolb who at the most is worth a 3rd round pick with Luck who is one of the best quarterback prospects to come out of college in years. Kolb looked horrible against Dallas. He was a 2nd round draft pick. He hasn't done a thing. How the hell does he have any value on this board. Luck is a future superstar in the mold of a top 5 NFL quarterback. Kolb is a career backup. There is no comparison. If we have a chance to get Luck we should take it. How many draft picks are Peyton Manning or Tom Brady or Phillip Rivers worth?
Luck. not even close. Kolb is gonna show that hes a bum outside of reids system.
Neither of these options are credible, but Luck would be infinitely preferable. Too pricey for a team with our needs though.
Share 49ersWebzone