LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 207 users in the forums

Offseason and Top 15 Mock

GM- Baalke
HOFO- Floyd Reese
HC- Jim Harbaugh
OC-Bill Musgrave, Falcons' QB Coach/Offensive Asst. Coach
DC- Marvin Lewis

FA- Resign Manny, restructure Nate and move to S. Resign Takeo to 2 yr contract. Resign Baas. Resign Westbrook. Resign McDonald. Resign Troy Smith as 3rd QB.Let Goldson, Alex Smith walk.

Other FA Signings- WR Santana Moss. FS Quintin Mikell. OLB Lamarr Woodley.

Trades: Trade Aubrayo Franklin and a 4th rounder to Denver for Kyle Orton.
Draft:
1. CAR- QB Andrew Luck. This is the obvious no brainer right here. I'd love to get him but it'd take half of our picks and a guy like VD to get him. No thanks.
2. Denver- CB Patrick Peterson. I know this might be somewhat of a surprise, but Bailey is old and he's a FA. The Bronco's pass D is atrocious.
3. Buffalo- DE Adrian Clayborn. The Bills have other needs, like QB, but Fitpatrick is decent and pass rush is a huge problem for them.
4. Cincinnati- QB Ryan Mallett. Palmer has been average the past couple years and I doubt they keep Palmer. This offense has too many weapons to waste with bad QB play.
5. Arizona- DE Daquan Bowers. The Cards could go with WR or OT here, but their pass rush this year was surprisingly lacking. They need improvement here.
6. Cleveland- WR AJ Green. Looks like Colt McCoy is gonna be their starter, but he'll need some help at WR. Green is a freakish athlete, a Randy Moss type player.
7. 49ers- CB Prince Amukamara. We didn't upgrade CB much in FA, but we get the 2nd best corner in the draft. He should start across from Spencer.
8. Tennessee- DT Nick Fairley. They used to have a great DL but they lost KVB and Haynesworth. This pick will get their D back on track.
9. Dallas- OLB Robert Quinn. THey could go a whole bunch of ways here ( CB,OL ). I think they go pass rush to help those DBs out.
10. Washington- QB Jake Locker. Face it, McNabb is getting cut and Grossman is a bum. Shanny will develop Locker into a good QB for the future.
11. Houston- DT Marcel Dareus. Houston also has a terrible pass defense, but adding a dominant DT will help their pass rush, which in effect, will help the pass D.
12. Minnesota- CB Brandon Harris. Antoine Winfield is really old now and their secondary flat out sucks. They need QB, but I doubt they take a risk on Newton.
13. Detroit- OT Nate Solder. Detroit really has other needs like DB, but there aren't any valuable corners at this position in the 1st. They try to fix that porous OL.
14. Miami- RB Mark Ingram. I know Ronnie Brown is good, but Williams is old as f**k and Ingram could really spark that offense.
15. St.Louis- WR Julio Jones. Bradford is legit, but he needs help. Jones will automatically be their starting WR.
Floyd reese wouldnt come here unless he was GM

I believe that Mikell and Woodely will be franchise

I have a hard time seeing us Resign Manny and signing woodley.

Other than that, I think it will play out like that. Nice Job
Like the dream team staff and the #7 pick.
I really doubt the steelers would let woodley walk. If they do we must sign him because the guy is a flat out beast.
Originally posted by ads_2006:
Floyd reese wouldnt come here unless he was GM

I believe that Mikell and Woodely will be franchise

I have a hard time seeing us Resign Manny and signing woodley.

Other than that, I think it will play out like that. Nice Job

I thin Reese might do it. His role would be much more than that though. He'd be sort of like co-GM. And Woodley might get franchised, but no way Mikell does.
Wasn't Franklin franchised this year? I don't think he's under contract for next year, so trading him could be a little awkward.

I don't mind getting Orten, but I think we should still draft a QB in the first.
Originally posted by TheFunkyChicken:
Wasn't Franklin franchised this year? I don't think he's under contract for next year, so trading him could be a little awkward.

I don't mind getting Orten, but I think we should still draft a QB in the first.

We can't get a QB in the 1st b/c the value isn't there at #7 with Mallet and Luck gone. Plus, CB is a huge need. Orton would start while we get Stanzi in the 2nd or 3rd.
Originally posted by niner4life21:

We can't get a QB in the 1st b/c the value isn't there at #7 with Mallet and Luck gone. Plus, CB is a huge need. Orton would start while we get Stanzi in the 2nd or 3rd.

Great but how are you going to get him? Franklin is a FA, you cant trade him.

Woodley is also a pipe dream. He's not leaving Pitt.
damn fairly or prince thats a tough decision to make
Cincy wont draft mallet which means hes still there so who do you take mallet or prince

You can't trade a free agent, so the whole idea is pointless.
I don't see how Arizona could not get a QB in either FA or the draft their QB situation is worse that ours
Originally posted by NYS49er:
Cincy wont draft mallet which means hes still there so who do you take mallet or prince

Prince. easy.
Originally posted by boriken_9er:

You can't trade a free agent, so the whole idea is pointless.

Yeah, lol, I just realized that. Well, I think we could sign him and then trade him, right? It seems unlikely, but its possible. Or if that doesn't happen, we'll just trade a 2nd or 3rd for Orton.
Share 49ersWebzone