LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 268 users in the forums

49ers pick 7th!

Originally posted by MadDog49er:
Originally posted by mayo49:
I've got the Niners projected to take Peterson at number 7 overall.

Won't he be long gone by then?

It depends on how the draft falls, how fast he runs at the combine/campus workout, etc. Generally, CB's are not drafted high.

Since there are a number of QB hungry teams in front of the Niners who project to select a QB: Carolina, Cincinnati, Arizona, it simply takes three other non-QB's to be taken before SF for Peterson to fall.

I project:
1. Car- Luck
2. Denver- Bowers
3. Bills- Fairley
4. Cincinnati- Gabbert
5. Cards- Newton
6. Browns- Green

In this scenario, the Niners are on the clock with Peterson as an option.

a 220 lb corner scares me==not many that size can turn their hips like a standout corner needs to do
And, the bottom line is that the Niners have to either get Clements to take a massive pay cut, or find a new starter at CB. They are not going to pay him more than $7 million.
And, the bottom line is that the Niners have to either get Clements to take a massive pay cut, or find a new starter at CB. They are not going to pay him more than $7 million.

Very true. I think he'll take the pay cut.
i think alot depends on how FA goes.

But our biggest needs IMO in no order

QB
OG
DT
DE
OLB
CB

And I wouldnt mind at all going back to the 4-3 getting Dareus at 7 he is a beast and would look great in a Niners uni next yr, but I gotta think if CAR somehow passes on Luck, or we somehow make an offer they cant refuse we need to get Andrew Luck.

If not, then its either the 2 CBs or Dareus IMO.

I would stay away from Gabbert(Reminds me of Alex), Mallett(Too erratic) and Newton(Too gimicky), and maybe Locker, but only way I want Locker is if Harbaugh is coach.
  • Chief
  • Veteran
SEATTLE -- ESPN Stats & Information has produced 2011 NFL draft-order scenarios depending on which team finishes second in the NFC West.

Seattle would hold the eighth overall choice if the Seahawks lost to St. Louis in Week 17. The Rams would hold the 14th choice if they lost.

Arizona holds the fifth overall choice. San Francisco holds the eighth overall choice.

The winner of the Rams-Seahawks game will pick no higher than 21st.

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcwest

He's no dummy...he knows he's going to have to re-work his deal, or he'll find himself on the street having to sign a new contract (and it won't be nearly as favorable as his last one).

That said, I think he still has a few good years of football left in him, but it should be at the FS position. It's time for him to make that move, and I bet even he knows that.
you know i have been thinking long and hard about Clements.

Here is what i have come up with, it isnt neccessarly him more so the dame system, why the hell do we play our CBs 10 yards off the WR, no wonder they get beat all the damn time.

We play this prevent and bend dont break D and it is terrible.

I dont think Nate is the problem, now not saying he is worth 47M(didnt actually get 80M), but he is a good CB and should be kept.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Chief:
SEATTLE -- ESPN Stats & Information has produced 2011 NFL draft-order scenarios depending on which team finishes second in the NFC West.

Seattle would hold the eighth overall choice if the Seahawks lost to St. Louis in Week 17. The Rams would hold the 14th choice if they lost.

Arizona holds the fifth overall choice. San Francisco holds the eighth overall choice.

The winner of the Rams-Seahawks game will pick no higher than 21st.

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcwest

That's a mistake, Chief.
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
If we get Jeff Fisher, we're drafting Cam Newton.

Doubt Fischer wants anything to do with Vince Young part II.

[ Edited by DaveWilcox on Jan 2, 2011 at 18:33:24 ]
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Chief did you read this also from ESPN.

Update on Seahawks-49ers draft tiebreakerJanuary, 2, 2011 Jan 28:26PM ETEmail Print Comments By Mike SandoSEATTLE --

For a while Sunday, I thought Seattle and San Francisco might wind up tied for the seventh overall choice in the 2011 NFL draft if the Seahawks were to lose in Week 17.

Upon review, the New York Giants' victory Sunday gives Seattle the tougher strength of schedule, which would break the tie in the 49ers' favor should the teams finish 6-10.

The 49ers and Seahawks played common opponents except for in two games. San Francisco played Philadelphia (10-6) and Green Bay (10-6), while the Seahawks played Chicago (11-5) and the Giants (10-6).

That would leave the Seahawks with the tougher strength of schedule by one game.

Originally posted by DaveWilcox:
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
If we get Jeff Fisher, we're drafting Cam Newton.

Doubt Fischer wants anything to do with Vince Young part II.

Newton > Young

Newton + Harbugh > Young + Fischer

[ Edited by 49ersNoKaOi on Jan 2, 2011 at 18:58:36 ]

Update on Seahawks-49ers draft tiebreakerJanuary, 2, 2011 Jan 28:26PM ETEmail Print Comments By Mike SandoSEATTLE --

For a while Sunday, I thought Seattle and San Francisco might wind up tied for the seventh overall choice in the 2011 NFL draft if the Seahawks were to lose in Week 17.

Upon review, the New York Giants' victory Sunday gives Seattle the tougher strength of schedule, which would break the tie in the 49ers' favor should the teams finish 6-10.

The 49ers and Seahawks played common opponents except for in two games. San Francisco played Philadelphia (10-6) and Green Bay (10-6), while the Seahawks played Chicago (11-5) and the Giants (10-6).

That would leave the Seahawks with the tougher strength of schedule by one game.

so we would be picking at 7 or 8?
Originally posted by battletowin:

god damn it...we will pick at 7, period.
  • jimrat
  • Veteran
Originally posted by communist:
Originally posted by battletowin:

god damn it...we will pick at 7, period.

Spoken like true communist.
  • Hopper
  • Veteran
Prince or Quinn. Win/Win
Share 49ersWebzone