There are 183 users in the forums

a realistic, and optimistic mock

hire harbaugh---

harbaugh can send channels to andrew luck to tell panthers he doesnt want to play for them...cut a deal with panthers for 1st pick, selling them on fact that their fans would want cam newton, a southerner, as their qb, or that calusen will be a good qb for them
give panthers 1st 2nd and 3rd picks in 2011 ---and a little more if necessary---for thiose who say too much, niners if i recall traded a 1st 2nd and 3rd for jerry rice

make up for lost picks in free agency---you are going to need a qb to play while luck is groomed---let troy smith, nate davis walk and cut carr....and sign kellen clemmens and alex smith to compete for starting jobs....not alex smith you say---there arent many better options in free agency--maybe rex grossman, but skins will dump mcnabb abd go for grossman...marc bulger---he didnt do so well last time he played alot--alex smith may blossom with a real coach, especially one with a history of developing qbs like harbaugh

other niners f/as to resign.......david baas, who has played well at center--tony wragge, a versatile backuptakeo spikes, because willis wants it, and he played great in 2010...travis laboy, because he was maybe teams best pass rusher in 2010...and dashon goldson, because his asking price is probably lower with a subpar 2010, and he still has potential..ray mcdonald, a capable backup who could still develop into a 3rd down pass rusher..barry sims, dependable backupot

niners f/a to let abrayuo franklin, because his play doesnt merit the $ he is making...manny lawson, because niners have other guys to replace him at olb, and 2 sacks just doesnt cut it...moran norris, as he just isnt any good any more....demetric evans as a rookie can do same job for less money...will james, for same reason as evans..brian westbrook, because he will have other teams to play for that will appreciate his talents more

nate clements is cut because he isnt worth a $7 million plus salary in 2011

other teams f/as to sign...in addition to kellen clemens, who played good but not great in limited chances with jets,vonte leach, texans fullback (i'd prefer ahmad hall, titans f/b but chris johnson will sqwak if they let his lead blocker go), marcus spears cowboys def end and gabe watson, cards nt--id prefer going back to 4-3 but harbaugh runs 3-4 at stanford and trying to go back to 4-3 now would be hard to do, meangelo hall (or carlos rogers--skins starting corners are both f/as and they may only be able to sign 1--hall had 4 picks in 1 game this year, more than any niners for the season)

in draft niners take...........................................

rd 1--andrew luck qb stanford
rd 4--alex henery pk nebraska--a kicker this early---henery has unique leg strength and a guy that can hit long f/gs and more importantly, consistently reach end zone on kickoffs is worth a 4th rd pick
rd 5--kendric burney cb north carolina...big play maker t unc who may drop due to their scandal with agents in 2010
rd 6--owen marecic fb stanford--niners need to get players with a tougher mindset and this guy, who played both ways as a senior, has a tough mindset and will be a good nfl fullback, special teamer
rd 7ian williams nt notre dame
rd 7 shaky smithson rb utah--will be a surprise as pass catching back and return man

udfas to target--mitch mustain qb usc--one time heraded recruit
vai tua rb nevada
ryan whalen wr stabdford, konrad reulan te standford--give luck some comfort
justin boren g ohio st
kenny rowe olb oregon
chris culliver cb s,carolina

2011 roster
qb a.smith, k.clemens, a.luck, m.mustain
rb f.gore, a,dixon, s,smithson, v.tua
fb v.leach, o.marecic
wr m.crabtree, j.morgan, t.ginn, d.zeigler, k.williams, r.whalen
te v.davis, d.walker, n.byham, k.reuland, c.cloherty
ot j.staley, a.davis, b.sims, a.boone, a.snyder
og m.iupati, c.rachal, t.wragge j.boren
oc d.baas, e.heitman
pk j.nedney, a.henery
p a.lee
ls b.jennings

de jsmith, i.soapaga, m.spears, r,mcdonald, w.tukofoa
nt g.watson, rj francois, i wiliams
olb p.haralson, a.brooks, t.laboy, t.gibson, k.rowe
ilb p.willis, t.spikes, n.bowman, s.mckillop. k.kristick,
cb s.spencer, d.hall, t.brown, p.adams, t.brock, k.burney, c.culliver
s d.goldson, r.smith, t.mays, cj spillman, c.taylr, c.maragos
Originally posted by hofer36:
hire harbaugh---

harbaugh can send channels to andrew luck to tell panthers he doesnt want to play for them...cut a deal with panthers for 1st pick, selling them on fact that their fans would want cam newton, a southerner, as their qb, or that calusen will be a good qb for them
give panthers 1st 2nd and 3rd picks in 2011 ---and a little more if necessary---for thiose who say too much, niners if i recall traded a 1st 2nd and 3rd for jerry rice

make up for lost picks in free agency---you are going to need a qb to play while luck is groomed---let troy smith, nate davis walk and cut carr....and sign kellen clemmens and alex smith to compete for starting jobs....not alex smith you say---there arent many better options in free agency--maybe rex grossman, but skins will dump mcnabb abd go for grossman...marc bulger---he didnt do so well last time he played alot--alex smith may blossom with a real coach, especially one with a history of developing qbs like harbaugh

other niners f/as to resign.......david baas, who has played well at center--tony wragge, a versatile backuptakeo spikes, because willis wants it, and he played great in 2010...travis laboy, because he was maybe teams best pass rusher in 2010...and dashon goldson, because his asking price is probably lower with a subpar 2010, and he still has potential..ray mcdonald, a capable backup who could still develop into a 3rd down pass rusher..barry sims, dependable backupot

niners f/a to let abrayuo franklin, because his play doesnt merit the $ he is making...manny lawson, because niners have other guys to replace him at olb, and 2 sacks just doesnt cut it...moran norris, as he just isnt any good any more....demetric evans as a rookie can do same job for less money...will james, for same reason as evans..brian westbrook, because he will have other teams to play for that will appreciate his talents more

other teams f/as to sign...in addition to kellen clemens, who played good but not great in limited chances with jets,vonte leach, texans fullback (i'd prefer ahmad hall, titans f/b but chris johnson will sqwak if they let his lead blocker go), marcus spears cowboys def end and gabe watson, cards nt--id prefer going back to 4-3 but harbaugh runs 3-4 at stanford and trying to go back to 4-3 now would be hard to do, meangelo hall (or carlos rogers--skins starting corners are both f/as and they may only be able to sign 1--hall had 4 picks in 1 game this year, more than any niners for the season)

rd 4--alex henery pk nebraska--a kicker this early---henery has unique leg strength and a guy that can hit long f/gs and more importantly, consistently reach end zone on kickoffs is worth a 4th rd pick
rd 5--kendric burney cb north carolina...big play maker t unc who may drop due to their scandal with agents in 2010
rd 6--owen marecic fb stanford--niners need to get players with a tougher mindset and this guy, who played both ways as a senior, has a tough mindset and will be a good nfl fullback, special teamer
rd 7 shaky smithson rb utah--will be a surprise as pass catching back and return man

vai tua rb nevada
justin boren g ohio st
kenny rowe olb oregon

2011 roster
fb v.leach, o.marecic
oc d.baas, e.heitman
pk j.nedney, a.henery
p a.lee
ls b.jennings

Is your shift key broken? The lack of upper case makes my head hurt reading your post.

As far as a #1 #2 and #3 being seen as not enough to move up to #1, more than likely it might not be enough.
Appreciate the effort, but any talk of resigning A. Smith and/or drafting a kicker with our second pick in the draft have left your mock lacking any credibility.
This is too difficult to read.
  • jimrat
  • Veteran
Im sure Demetric Evans was not a rookie last year also.
Appreciate the effort and thought. Rather hard to read.

Rex Grossman is absolutely terrible - even Alex is better than him. However, I feel we can pick up Palmer or McNabb or another vet for QB instead of Alex. I really wanted him to succeed but

"He's burnt toast and it's time to say Adios."

Who knows, we could get Harbaugh and Luck won't declare and then it's a crap shoot all over again.
  • jimrat
  • Veteran
I would never take a kicker that high either.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by hofer36:
hire harbaugh---

vai tua rb nevada
justin boren g ohio st
kenny rowe olb oregon

2011 roster
fb v.leach, o.marecic
oc d.baas, e.heitman
pk j.nedney, a.henery
p a.lee
ls b.jennings

Agreed on the lack up uppercase hurting my eyes. We only have to wait 24 more hours to find out if we land the #2 pick then we can all go nuts with Luck trade theories. I'll tackle each pick you made with individual points.
1. Luck might not come out, I think he will if Harbaugh leaves though. Gabbert and Mallett are just as great a few for us.
2. A kicker? We are so stacked at this position right now it's not even funny. Joe Nedney, Jeff Reed and some Italian whose name I can't spell has that youtube video of him hitting a 68 yarder.
3, If we're able to land a FA CB we should let Goldson walk and put Reggie Smith and T Mays in and draft a late round pick like Ahmad Black the Florida Safety who probably boosted his stock today with his monster game against Penn State.
4. If we signed a FA Fullback why would draft another? That is definitely a position you only have 1 of.
5. Sione Fua could still be around on day 3 so he is still a better pick then this guy.
6. Shakey is Shakey, at best. He is not suitable for pros. I am a Utah man and have watched this guy his entire collegiate career and I don't even want him. He is streaky and sometimes has bad hands and has no upside for either the offensive or defensive side of the ball. We would need to go after a WR or DB. Ginn will not get dumped so there is no reason to address the KR position at all.
I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but there's like a 0.00000001% chance we get Luck.
Originally posted by chico49erfan:
I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but there's like a 0.00000001% chance we get Luck.

So you're saying there's a chance

Originally posted by smifunk:

at both you foolio's
Originally posted by Negrodamus:
Originally posted by smifunk:

at both you foolio's

How is this realistic?
Quote:
.cut a deal with panthers for 1st pick, selling them on fact that their fans would want cam newton, a southerner, as their qb, or that calusen will be a good qb for them
Those are both terrible reasons. Do you think the Panthers are dumbasses?
I am unhappy with this mock draft.
I think trading for the number one pick is possible, and probably a good move, but it will cost more than this year's 1, 2, and 3.

I don't think we'd be able to move up to number one without giving up at least two first round picks.
Share 49ersWebzone