LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 181 users in the forums

DeAndre Brown, 6-5 240 pound receiver, Declares for Draft

• sfout
  • Veteran
Unless we cut or trade Morgan/Ziegler I don't see us drafting a WR any earlier then round 5. DeAndre Brown is the late round version A.J. Green, if you have even the slightest need at WR in round 5/6 you just have to take the guy. He has so much upside and the risk/reward ratio is clearly in the teams favor.
What do you guys think? I think Baalke is just trying to sound proactive and determined(QB and WR comments on KNBR). Harbaugh just went public with the Alex Smith praise so it isn't too far fetched for us to sign or draft another WR or two if it means making this team better. This is a business after all and you have to do whatever you can do to win. Making a realistic siging of Lance Moore(as a #2 or #3 if we keep Morgan) and drafting DeAndre Brown would be one hell of a boost to our WR corp. With both Ginn and Morgan set to become FA in 2012 I bet we make some moves this year, even if we wait to cut the cord on Morgan.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Originally posted by Norwalks_Best:
Originally posted by Gore_21:
Correct me if I am wrong but this could be a hell of a WR class. If everyone declares it could be

AJ Green
Julio Jones
Justin Blackmon
Jon Baldwin
Michael Floyd
DeAndre Brown
Vincent Brown
Titus Young
Austin Pettis
Armon Binns
Terrance Toliver
Greg Little
Leonard Hankerson
Greg Childs
Ryan Broyles
Greg Salas

That is a hell of a lot of big WRs in that group. Makes me want to pick one in the first 3 rounds even though we have bigger needs.

I like Greg Salas in the 3rd round or so the kid plays the way I like a Wr plays the position. He goes up and gets the ball!

Much too early for Salas. Good WR, but about a late 4th-5th round grade, especially with the likely influx of underclassmen. Salas lacks elite speed, and will get docked some by scouts because of the system he's in which inflates WR numbers.

He may get docked for playing in the hawaii run and shoot. He is awesome at route running, catching, and YAC, even without "elite" speed he would out run people against WAC teams and USC. 3rd may be too early but early 4th I would love to see him get picked by us, and if he did get pick up in the 3rd I definitely wouldn't be upset.
He is a better looking prospect then Bess coming out of Hawaii and look at how well Bess is doing with Miami, i don't feel NFL teams will just write off Hawaii receivers again.
Any player with almost 1900 yards receiving and 15 yard/catch in one season on a team that had also a 1250 yard rusher is special.
I would also look at Kealoha Pilares for possibly late draft pick/ undrafted he is also a very good receiver with great YAC
If he's there in the later rounds than I would take him. He was the #2 WR coming out of high school behing Julio Jones. It shocked a lot of people that he chose to stay in Mississippi and go to USM.

He has talent but he's not a sure thing either.
Originally posted by miked1978:
If he's there in the later rounds than I would take him. He was the #2 WR coming out of high school behing Julio Jones. It shocked a lot of people that he chose to stay in Mississippi and go to USM.

He has talent but he's not a sure thing either.

Unless he bombs his speed/agility drills at the combine, and I'm talking near 4.7 times, I think he'll go by the 5th. Teams start using flier picks there, especially in the comp picks.

He's got better hands than virtually any other receiver his size. We'll see how he interviews and works out though.
I wouldnt mind taking a Wr in the middle rounds 3-5
Share 49ersWebzone