LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 417 users in the forums

2011 WZ Draft- Discussion/Trades Thread

• mayo49
  • Veteran
I like the Locker pick for the Niners. Harbaugh is very familar with Locker playing Washington the last 2 years. I think Locker is perfect for the WCO. I hope he's the pick.
Originally posted by mayo49:
I like the Locker pick for the Niners. Harbaugh is very familar with Locker playing Washington the last 2 years. I think Locker is perfect for the WCO. I hope he's the pick.

I'm not jacked

I don't understand why people think this.

WCO = Timing and Accuracy.

Jake Lockers Completion Percentages by year.

2009: 58% (best year stats wise)

2010: 55% (-3)

In his 2nd year in a pro offense, you would anticipate increased production.

Not.

In almost every stat category his numbers decreased.

I don't understand why people think hes the PERFECT for the WCO.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ninerbrand:

Not.

He had absolutely nothing around him. No OL, no WR's. You have to take that into consideration. I think Harbaugh can this guy to show he's true potential. IMO.
I wouldn't love the Locker selection by any means, but I'm not closing my mind to the potential of him either. With presumably better coaching, Locker may very well earn that draft spot.
Originally posted by oldman9er:
I wouldn't love the Locker selection by any means, but I'm not closing my mind to the potential of him either. With presumably better coaching, Locker may very well earn that draft spot.

The thing is, he's not innately accurate, period. Accuracy, timing and touch, all, are apart of what made Joe, Joe in the WCO. I just don't see that from Locker. It's still on him to throw open his WRs. It's still on him to elude the rush, step up, and touch it over the DB and in stride, hit the WR. Am I wrong in this?

BTW, really don't like the Locker pick right now given what I have seen and read. At least Gabbert is more accurate and was won of Harbaugh's QB targets when recruiting for Stanford. Harbaugh knows both of these guys and if Harbaugh does pick him, I would trust it. I wouldn't like it, but I would trust it.
Originally posted by ninertico:
Originally posted by oldman9er:

The thing is, he's not innately accurate, period. Accuracy, timing and touch, all, are apart of what made Joe, Joe in the WCO. I just don't see that from Locker. It's still on him to throw open his WRs. It's still on him to elude the rush, step up, and touch it over the DB and in stride, hit the WR. Am I wrong in this?

BTW, really don't like the Locker pick right now given what I have seen and read. At least Gabbert is more accurate and was won of Harbaugh's QB targets when recruiting for Stanford. Harbaugh knows both of these guys and if Harbaugh does pick him, I would trust it. I wouldn't like it, but I would trust it.

No, I pretty well agree with you on Locker. Like I kinda said, I'd feel the same way with your bolded sentiment. I would just have to shrug and place faith in Harbaugh's decision. We can hate the pick now, but maybe Locker shows up and opens up some eyes at the Combine, and in a good way.
Originally posted by ninerbrand:

Not.

He had absolutely nothing around him. No OL, no WR's. You have to take that into consideration. I think Harbaugh can this guy to show he's true potential. IMO.

Absolutely nothing around him?
Give me a break.

He went to Washington not Idaho.
I don't see Locker having the "football instincts" that Harbaugh mentioned in his opening press conference when asked what he looked for in players.
Share 49ersWebzone