LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 424 users in the forums

OTC's Winter Wonderland Mock 2011

I wouldnt mind Locker IF we traded down about 15-20 spots to get him. I still think he will be the 4th or 5th QB taken behind Luck, Gabbert, Mallet, and Newton. Taking him at #7 would be a really bad move in my opinion. Just way too high.
Great Mock... Nice when ppl put the time in explaining picks..
As long as we moved back in the 1st b4 selecting Locker i think everthing else is quite reasonable.
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
I wouldnt mind Locker IF we traded down about 15-20 spots to get him. I still think he will be the 4th or 5th QB taken behind Luck, Gabbert, Mallet, and Newton. Taking him at #7 would be a really bad move in my opinion. Just way too high.

Even if we trade back to grab a QB, I'm not sure Locker would be the best choice...I think Pryor is a more viable option than Locker for a number of reasons.
Originally posted by Rivers77:
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
2. Stefen Wisniewski-OC-Penn State, 6-3 306 5.16
Wisniewski, an All-American and the nephew of former NFL All-Pro lineman Steve Wisniewski, has easily been the best player on Penn State's offensive line. Stefen could go as high as the late 2nd, but if he falls here, it's virtually a no-brainer for San Francisco. Heitmann now has two broken legs and a neck injury on his record, and Baas has two horrific snaps (one for a safety) that should never, EVER happen for an NFL center. I do not expect either to return, especially not in a starting role. So we've got to fill that void. I would expect Wisniewski to immediately compete for a starting role with either Wragge (if brought back) or Snyder next season, and would likely win that job in training camp. Wisniewski, with an addition of a big-name FA such as Mankins, would help to solidify our line for years if Iupati builds on his early success and Davis improves upon his rookie year.

I thought it was Wragge that snapped the ball that caused the safety in the Rams game?

I'm referring to the Saints game. Baas snapped the ball 20 feet into the air, and thirty yards backwards for a safety. Then he rolled a snap in the Rams game before getting hurt and Wragge took over.

Wragge's snap that resulted in a safety was Troy Smith's fault. It was a good snap. Smith just dropped it.
Lets just re-sign Alex Smith
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:

Well at this point, the mock is ancient. I was expecting us to pick much lower in the first when I compiled this. That, plus Locker's performance, have me feeling we're not going to go in his direction unless we trade far down into the first.
Originally posted by theninermaniac:
Lets just re-sign Alex Smith
just in all seriousness: if alex wouldnt be a niner for several years and a 1st ovr, nobody refused this idea...he played good enough to secure a backup job.
Share 49ersWebzone