LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 271 users in the forums

AB's Top 5's

I am not sure of the 4-3 DE ranking for Cameron Jordan or JJ Watt yet. Don't you see these guys as versatile enough to play the 3-4? They seem a step slow to be a pass rushing type ends.

Cameron Jordan is 6-4 285 lbs right now and Cal runs a 3-4 so he is already playing a 3-4 DE position at a high level in college.

JJ Watt is 6-6 290 lbs right now and gets to the backfield but he does not really have top end speed. He is a gritty player kind of like Justin Smith.
There is no way Adrian Clayborn is the 4th best prospect. Did absolutely nothing this season, unless you count standing around and looking disinterested as something.
mel kiper had von miller olb a&m in his top 15 overall and had him as a 3-4 olb, you have him as a 4-3 olb. They were showing highlight film and he certainly looked like more of a 3-4. Any reason why you see him more of a fit in the 4-3?
No Oregon players

I understand.. but watch out for Casey Matthews, yes, Clay Matthews little bro.

I see him going somewhere in the 3rd round, very solid linebacker, can play either inside or outside.
Originally posted by OregonDuckNiner:
No Oregon players

I see him going somewhere in the 3rd round, very solid linebacker, can play either inside or outside.

Im very very close to ranking LaMichael James ahead of Royster and Devine, I love James, just wanna see him in the national champ game 1st.

This is pre bowls by the way, so it will change alot between now and draft time.
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
No Oregon players

Im very very close to ranking LaMichael James ahead of Royster and Devine, I love James, just wanna see him in the national champ game 1st.

This is pre bowls by the way, so it will change alot between now and draft time.
James is not declaring.
Originally posted by Thorhawk:
No Oregon players

James is not declaring.

Yup, announced that today. I expect him to stay all 5 years actually. Just a hunch. Small running backs tend to stay till their senior year to bulk up. You could compare him to MJD or Ray Rice because they are both small, but the fact is, is that they are like little wrecking balls while James is a twig... I hope he does well in the NFL, i really do, but he is just too damn small.
ok, thanks guys, I didnt think he would declare but wasnt sure, actually got a text earlier that I just read stating he wasnt declaring.
Originally posted by ninerlifer:
Daniel Thomas out of KState isnt even in your top 5?!?!?!

he and Murray are neck and neck....no way you rank Royster and Devine ahead of this dude.

as i typed yhat, Thomas ran for a 50 yard TD....3 TDs today
lifer, Thomas is right there now as my 5th/6th back, with James staying put.

lifer, Thomas is right there now as my 5th/6th back, with James staying put.

I think he is a 2nd rounder....definetly ahead of Noel and definetly way ahead of Royster. Not a great year for RBs. But good value.
Originally posted by Thorhawk:
No Oregon players

James is not declaring.

Yup, announced that today. I expect him to stay all 5 years actually. Just a hunch. Small running backs tend to stay till their senior year to bulk up. You could compare him to MJD or Ray Rice because they are both small, but the fact is, is that they are like little wrecking balls while James is a twig... I hope he does well in the NFL, i really do, but he is just too damn small.
Rice and Jones Drew both left college after three years.
You may have to adjust this QB list. Locker is stinking up his bowl game. Terrible terrible QB play.
Originally posted by ArmchairQB:
You may have to adjust this QB list. Locker is stinking up his bowl game. Terrible terrible QB play.

agreed.

And Ill have to adjust my S Board, with Deunta Williams breaking his leg.
you wanna kill that Locker pick now? You really should
Share 49ersWebzone