There are 111 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

the case for jake locker

Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by spizzy:
Originally posted by frenchmov:
4/15 for 52 yards is f**king awful. i don't care whether it's pro, college or highschool or who the opponent is. locker has looked pretty mediocre for a college qb. i can only imagine him in the nfl.

someone will draft him in the first few rounds and i hope its not us based on this game

Did you even watch the game? Locker wasn't given many opportunities to throw the ball down the field, and when he did his receivers were manhandled and shoved out of bounds. He had one nice downfield throw and several that were incomplete because of his receivers getting absolutely destroyed. His other incompletions were throw aways, I saw only mabye 2 poor throws. He did everything asked of him and showed the toughness, leadership, and athleticism that his team NEEDED to win this game. Yes, Polk did a great job but Locker did what he needed to do and finishes his career on top

^^^

This. You got it. He used his head and let the game come to him. Instead of forcing the issue. And he has the worst talent in the PAC 10 around him. His WR's are garbage.

Well he wouldn't do well here then because Crabtree purposely tips the ball in the air for interceptions and quits on routes all the time. So Locker wouldn't fit here because according to you our WR's are garbage.
Idk how Colt McCoy came up but yes, he was a noode-armed checkdown machine whose offensive created a lot of opportunities for YAC and big plays which masked his lack of a deep ball in the high YPA stats
Quote:
Its all about scouting. Yeah we will all like to grab one and get it over with but WHO? Who is worth taking with that 9-11th pick? Luck won't be there and the only QB I would consider AT THAT SPOT would be Mallet but he may be gone as well. We can trade back and collect some extra picks but again, it's all about scouting. nobody thought Mccoy would drop ALL THE WAY to 85, very few people thought Clausen would drop to 48 but that's why we are not scouts and they are. Both of those QB's (hindsight being 20/20) of course, would have been a HUGE reach to take in the top 20 like they were originally projected

Quote:
not true, i've understood already why a lot of you guys dont like walterfootball but he stated all the last season long that colt wont go before the 3rd round, at best...and i can see why...nobody needs a noodle-armed qb.

according to this Walterfootball mock draft April 22nd, they have Clausen going 30th, Colt going 38th in the 2nd round and Tebow going 41st yeah, there is a reason we don't like Walterfootball

http://walterfootball.com/draft2010_1.php

[ Edited by Sims84 on Dec 30, 2010 at 23:16:57 ]
Originally posted by Sims84:

according to this Walterfootball mock draft April 22nd, they have Clausen going 30th, [b]Colt going 38th in the 2nd round [/b]and Tebow going 41st yeah, there is a reason we don't like Walterfootball
why didnt you mention by whom walter saw him been drafted??? b/c it's VERY relevant when i compare it to the real-life....walter graded him at 3rd at best the whole season long but you have to adjust your mock to your experience with some GMs.

[ Edited by communist on Dec 30, 2010 at 23:19:00 ]
Idk how Colt McCoy came up but yes, he was a noode-armed checkdown machine whose offensive created a lot of opportunities for YAC and big plays which masked his lack of a deep ball in the high YPA stats

Checking down a quick strike short passing game,. Checking the ball down is throwing it to your back out of the backfield or your TE springing lose after a block after your QB cant/doesnt want to throw to a WR. See Smith, Alex. Do you not know the difference?

What is an 'offensive'?

So defenses just never caught on to the fact that McCoy wasnt going deep? How did Texas do this year with the strong armed, number 1 HS qb in the nation, stepping in for noodle arm? Surely they probably finished much better than they ever did with Colt, right?
Originally posted by jojomellon:

Checking down a quick strike short passing game,. Checking the ball down is throwing it to your back out of the backfield or your TE springing lose after a block after your QB cant/doesnt want to throw to a WR. See Smith, Alex. Do you not know the difference?

What is an 'offensive'?

So defenses just never caught on to the fact that McCoy wasnt going deep? How did Texas do this year with the strong armed, number 1 HS qb in the nation, stepping in for noodle arm? Surely they probably finished much better than they ever did with Colt, right?
do u know anything about losing respect for someone or to lose key players???

What is an 'offensive'?

1) I know the difference, but either way a short passing game kind of proves my point

2) Sorry about the spelling mistake, and that you had a bad day and decided to lash out on the internet lol

3) I never said McCoy was a bad player, just that he had a weak arm with inflated stats
Originally posted by communist:

according to this Walterfootball mock draft April 22nd, they have Clausen going 30th, [b]Colt going 38th in the 2nd round [/b]and Tebow going 41st yeah, there is a reason we don't like Walterfootball
why didnt you mention by whom walter saw him been drafted??? b/c it's VERY relevant when i compare it to the real-life....walter graded him at 3rd at best the whole season long but you have to adjust your mock to your experience with some GMs.

he had him going 38th to cleveland but cleveland didn't take him until 47 picks later so they must of saw something Walterfootball didn't...........

just another overrated system-qb...thats what i'm talking about...i think that you was one of those guys who werent surprised to see clausen dropping to the 2nd round...now explain to me, how colt could drop to the third??? and i would bet that he would have fallen to the 4th if holmgren didnt pick him.

He dropped for the same reason anyone drops. Any combination of teams having other needs or not liking him, for any number of reasons(lack of prototypical size in Colt's case). But hey, Jeff George and Ryan Leaf had rocket arms and sure didnt slip, did they? Im not sure what you're grasping at here. Brady went in the 6th. Montana was picked in the third. Who cares where the guy is drafted? Im talking about in-game results. What else matters more than that?
I remember this type of offense based on the short passing game and WR's getting alot of YAC, I cant remember what its called though... I think it worked pretty well for this one team in the 80s and 90s.

[ Edited by jojomellon on Dec 30, 2010 at 23:26:22 ]

he had him going 38th to cleveland but cleveland didn't take him until 47 picks later so they must of saw something Walterfootball didn't...........
yeah, perhaps, i dont say that walterfootball is god...just say that he was not wrong about his intuition...and that colt was predicted to fall deep. but i dont care less in general...i have to take some sleep. its about 8.30 am in germany.

What is an 'offensive'?

1) I know the difference, but either way a short passing game kind of proves my point

2) Sorry about the spelling mistake, and that you had a bad day and decided to lash out on the internet lol

3) I never said McCoy was a bad player, just that he had a weak arm with inflated stats

you say inflated stats because he hit the short passing game and they made something happen? Wouldn't ANY GREAT QB have inflated stats then because they will put the pull on the Receiver IN STRIDE to allow him to pick up YAC so the "inflated stats" can go both ways

No it doesnt, at all. The argument is that communist called Mccoy a 'checkdown monster', when he checked it down a grand total of 14 times all senior season to his RB.

What is an 'offensive'?

you say inflated stats because he hit the short passing game and they made something happen? Wouldn't ANY GREAT QB have inflated stats then because they will put the pull on the Receiver IN STRIDE to allow him to pick up YAC so the "inflated stats" can go both ways

see: Colt Brennan

What is an 'offensive'?

**cough cough**joemontana**cough cough**WCO**cough cough
Haha, you're right. People are just grasping to anything to avoid admitting being wrong.

F those noodle arm guys, I want a dude with a rocket for an arm like Derek Anderson and Jake Locker and Ryan Leaf.

[ Edited by jojomellon on Dec 30, 2010 at 23:30:09 ]

yeah, perhaps, i dont say that walterfootball is god...just say that he was not wrong about his intuition...and that colt was predicted to fall deep. but i dont care less in general...i have to take some sleep. its about 8.30 am in germany.

well its 10:30 Am over here in Iraq but all I'm saying is, Nobody including Walterfootball from the link that I posted of his mock draft 4 days before the draft, thought Colt would drop all the way to 85 and he did because SCOUTS, the people who get paid to find talent, knew something about Colt, Jimmy, ect ect that us as fans and Walter (a fan), didn't. Same can happen with Locker. We all think he is top 15 QB but I honestly feel he will drop towards the end of the 1st AT THE LEAST with the beginning of the 3rd round being the furthest