There are 248 users in the forums

the case for jake locker

I wouldn't be surprised if he fell down to late 2nd round, or even later. He had a bad year and should have come out last draft when there was less QB talent. I think the 49ers should avoid any QB where, in order to be good, they would require good coaching. Thats just dumb.

I would take Tyrod Taylor over Locker. Tyrod is a better runner, plays smarter, and had a monster year where he showed huge improvement from last year.

Edited to late 2nd heh

[ Edited by confusedrhino on Dec 30, 2010 at 19:45:07 ]
Originally posted by jojomellon:
Originally posted by spizzy:
Originally posted by flynhayn15:
If we are gonna take a project on I'd rather roll the dice with Newton. In my opinion he has a better chance of becoming like Young than Locker does. He is a winner in the SEC without a ridiculous amount of NFL talent around him (ie. Henandez, Murphy, Havin, Pouncey, or Lafell, Doucet, Hester, Williams), and without a dominant defense (he usually was bring the team back from a deficit, he couldn't hand it off to the workhorse RB and rely on the defense like Bama did last year.) On top of that he still was top 10 in all of college football in Comp % despite playing in the SEC and with his best WR not even being in the top 100 in receptions.

Plan A - Trade whatever it takes to get Luck.

Plan B - Get one of the two top corners and somehow get a veteran.

Plan C - Draft Newton. (Hopefully he doesn't take Luck's Wonderlic and write his own name on the test and then turn it in as his own. Sorry I couldn't resist.)

Locker is much, much less of a project than Newton

Sure but thats because the end results of the 'project' of Locker are so much lower. If he cant even be an above average QB at the college level why would I assume he'd somehow change at a much higher level?

He is a fantastic college quarterback. The stats won't tell you that, but if you watch UW football you can clearly see he is the only thing driving that program
http://redirectingat.com/?id=1399X522769&xs=1&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.knbr.com%2Fportals%2F3%2Fpodcasts%2Frazormrt%2F1230-%2520STEVE%2520YOUNG.mp3&sref=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.49erswebzone.com%2Fforum%2Fthread.php%3Fnum%3D150682%26page%3D6

Steve Young just said what I said about Locker, if you cant prove it on the collegiate level, how can you prove it on the NFL level? 24 minute mark
almost the 1st quarter ended, and he has yet to complete a pass. All his throws are off.
Originally posted by ninerlifer:
almost the 1st quarter ended, and he has yet to complete a pass. All his throws are off.

All his recievers are getting no play because of great coverage. Who is he supposed to throw to? They cant get open and are getting out muscled from the snap. Im shocked that theyre up 10-0. Missed the start of the game. Whos a Washington fan? Are those recievers always that bad?
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by jimmy49erfan:

All his recievers are getting no play because of great coverage. Who is he supposed to throw to? They cant get open and are getting out muscled from the snap. Im shocked that theyre up 10-0. Missed the start of the game. Whos a Washington fan? Are those recievers always that bad?

But Washington went back to his bread and butter and hes still struggling as a passer. Man, this kid is gonna need some coaching at the next level. I take it back, the most I'd spend on him is a 3rd round pick, that way, expectations won't be as high for him to start.

there were three passes that were off target....you can say good coverage...but you got to put the ball in a better position than what he has....although last time out he was 4-20 against these guys.
Locker likes to throw it out of bounds more than A. Smith. He is getting time to throw tonight, can't put in on Washington's line.

[ Edited by ChaunceyGardner on Dec 30, 2010 at 20:03:16 ]
Originally posted by ChaunceyGardner:
Locker likes to throw it out of bounds more than A. Smith. He is getting time to throw tonight, can't put in on Washington's line.

Maybe youre right Washington looks like its gonna buckle real quick once Nebraska starts rolling. Theyre looking sloppy with stupid penalties and you can actually see the talent difference on both sides of the ball.
locker is so far off from being an nfl starter, whoever takes him is gonna have 1 hell of a project to work with.

Bummer....Locker looks like he got concust on that hit....I really wanted to see him play this game out, so I could get a better look at him....that sucks.
No way should we draft Jake Locker. Yuck!
Bummer....Locker looks like he got concust on that hit....I really wanted to see him play this game out, so I could get a better look at him....that sucks.

How the hell did that kid get back up

How the hell did that kid get back up

he wants to come back in....dont know if they will let him...but good for him that he is ready to come back in....that shows a lil somethin somethin.
if we draft jake locker i will take a s**t and throw it on our next GM's face
Share 49ersWebzone