There are 167 users in the forums

the case for jake locker

Originally posted by ninerbrand:
Originally posted by DraftaQB:
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
Originally posted by mayo49:
I think Locker is the perfect WCO quarterback. He's just needs to have some talent around him.

Perfect WCO QB @ 55% Completion Percentage.

yeah... about that.

Joe Montana had 52% at Notre Dame

Yeah, that makes sense because Jake Locker = Joe Montana, give me a break.

Ok, any f**king genius can come up with that. If you read my post, it says take him in round 2. But to say he is the perfect wco qb?

Kellan Moore> Jake locker

Don't think he was saying that - just that college completion percentage often doesn't mean a hell of a lot.

Joe's completion % broken down per year:
1975: 42%, 1976: 52%, 1978: 54%

Although it still put a lot of teams off, forcing him to slip into the 3rd round.

Relax junior. Kellen Moore is good but I don't even think he declared for the draft anyways. Plus, I think he was talking about the QBs that would be available in the 1st round. Out of Mallett, Newton, Gabbert, and Locker, Locker would be the best QB for the WCO.
Originally posted by SF69ers:
I think Locker is the perfect WCO quarterback. He's just needs to have some talent around him.

yeah... about that.

Ok, any f**king genius can come up with that. If you read my post, it says take him in round 2. But to say he is the perfect wco qb?

Don't think he was saying that - just that college completion percentage often doesn't mean a hell of a lot.

Although it still put a lot of teams off, forcing him to slip into the 3rd round.

Relax junior. Kellen Moore is good but I don't even think he declared for the draft anyways. Plus, I think he was talking about the QBs that would be available in the 1st round. Out of Mallett, Newton, Gabbert, and Locker, Locker would be the best QB for the WCO.

I don't think Locker will go round 1, is what I'm saying. And to say he's the perfect WCO QB. I doubt it.

What I meant with Kellan Moore ( i know hes not declared, and i certainly wouldn't pick him in the 1st or even 2nd round )

is that he is a better WCO QB than Locker. Moore (pun, get it?) has superb accuracy and touch. Although not the physical attributes.

yeah... about that.

I don't think Locker will go round 1, is what I'm saying. And to say he's the perfect WCO QB. I doubt it.

What I meant with Kellan Moore ( i know hes not declared, and i certainly wouldn't pick him in the 1st or even 2nd round )

is that he is a better WCO QB than Locker. Moore (pun, get it?) has superb accuracy and touch. Although not the physical attributes.

Ok I get it now.

I still think Locker will go in the 1st round. If he somehow takes a Clausen type fall to the 2nd, I'd be ecstatic. The reason I say he is the best QB for the WCO in the 1st round is because he's got the quick footwork and quick release. Harbaugh would work on his mechanics and the way he plants his feet to better improve his accuracy.

yeah... about that.

Ok I get it now.

I still think Locker will go in the 1st round. If he somehow takes a Clausen type fall to the 2nd, I'd be ecstatic. The reason I say he is the best QB for the WCO in the 1st round is because he's got the quick footwork and quick release. Harbaugh would work on his mechanics and the way he plants his feet to better improve his accuracy.

There may be one of the top 4 QBs that does fall to the 2nd round. After Miami at #15 the only team that would consider drafting a QB would be Seattle at #25. Unless a team trades back into the first there will be a free fall for someone. I think Mallett may be the guy to fall.

My guess on Locker is the farthest he falls is to Seattle. He would be the absolute perfect pick for them in my opinion. Hometown kid who can sit for a year or 2 behind Hasselback (assuming they sign him back) and then play.
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:

yeah... about that.

Ok I get it now.

There may be one of the top 4 QBs that does fall to the 2nd round. After Miami at #15 the only team that would consider drafting a QB would be Seattle at #25. Unless a team trades back into the first there will be a free fall for someone. I think Mallett may be the guy to fall.

My guess on Locker is the farthest he falls is to Seattle. He would be the absolute perfect pick for them in my opinion. Hometown kid who can sit for a year or 2 behind Hasselback (assuming they sign him back) and then play.

And Carroll is familiar with him from his USC days and Locker performing the comeback victory
Share 49ersWebzone