If Jed really wants to turn all this around it will take a few things. A respectable GM, Head Coach, and offensive coordinator definitely. There are definitely some roster moves that need to happen as well. I am no expert on coaches by any means, but I really hope they make some personnel moves at QB and in the defensive backfield. In my humble opinion, the below would do nicely.
1) CB: Prince Amukamara NEB - Prince is a technician. His addition along with Marshall, Mays, and Lainhart would instantly create a young top Defensive backfield.
2) QB: Pat Devlin DEL - I think many of the QBs in the first are over-hyped minus Luck. Delvin will be ready to start after a season behind Orton. He is tough, accurate, a strong arm, and is a natural leader.
3) ILB: Casey Matthews ORE - I am not totally sold on Bowman. Matthews is very intelligent and is a strong tackler. Let them learn from Spikes for a yr or 2 and should make a nice rotation.
4) OLB: Brooks Reed ARI - One of 2 sleepers in this draft. He reminds me of Kevin Greene. I think he actually wants to eat QBs.
4) FS: Brian Lainhart KENT - My 2nd sleeper this year. The man is a true playmaker. He is always around the ball knocking it loose, blasting the carrier, or taking it back the other direction.
5) WR/QB: Tyrod Taylor VT - Hopefully a Randel El No. 2. Would also serve as an emergency or Wildcat QB.
5) WR: Ryan Whalen STAN - This guy will be a steal if still available. He had an off year due to injury, but I really like this guy for his work ethic and soft hands.
5) FB: Owen Marecic STAN - How could you not want this guy on your team? Has an endless motor, a sweet mullet, is the size of a tank, and smart enough to graduate from STANFORD.
6) RB: Da'Rel Scott MAR
6) DE: Ladi Ajiboye SC
7) OG: David Arkin MST
7) K: Kai Forbath UCLA
Trade Clements and Haralson for 5th RD picks.
1) CB: Richard Marshall CAR - The corner Clements was supposed to be. Physical and doesn't get beat deep.
2) LT: Alex Barron DAL - Sims is too old. They need a quality back up to take the Left when Staley gets his annual season ending injury.
3) QB: Kyle Orton DEN (if released or maybe traded for Troy Smith and a 2012 3rd rd pick) - Can keep the team competitive while grooming Devlin.
4) OG: Daryn Colledge GB - Rachal needs to go. Davis needs a quality vet along side him.
UDFA) OLB: Bruce Miller UCF
UDFA) OLB: Jake Coffmann NIU
UDFA) S: Andrew Rich BYU
UDFA) RB: Vai Taua NU
UDFA) QB: Kevin Riley CAL
Proposed 2011 Depth Chart
() = Practice Squad
QB: Orton / Devlin / Taylor (Riley)
RB: Gore / Dixon / Scott (Taua)
WR: Crabtree / Taylor / Ginn (Jurovich)
Morgan / Whalen / Williams
TE: V.Davis / Walker / Byham
RT: A.Davis / Boone
RG: Colledge / Arkin (Landolt)
C: Hietman / Baas
LG: Iupati / Baas
LT: Staley / Barron
DE: J.Smith / Ajiboye (Tukuafu)
NT: Franklin / RJF
DE: Sopaoga / McDonald
OLB: Lawson / Brooks (Coffmann)
ILB: Willis / McKillop
ILB: Spikes / Bowman / Matthews
OLB: Reed / LaBoy / Miller
RCB: Amukamara / Spencer (Brock)
LCB: Marshall / T.Brown / Adams
SS: Mays / R.Smith
FS: Lainhart / Spillman / Maragos (Rich)
KR: Ginn / Scott / Walker
PR: Ginn / Williams / Adams