LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 287 users in the forums

Flipping First Rounders with the Eagles in Acquiring Kevin Kolb

• Amir
  • RIP Amir, Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Paul_Hofer:
I'm not in favor of halfway measures. Let's trade our 2011 and 2012 first round picks for Carolina's rights to Luck. If need be, throw in our 2011 fourth round pick and/or Chilo Rachal. Move Anthony Davis to RG and sign a FA RT.

This. I like Kolb, I really do, but I'd rather do whatever it takes to get Luck.
It's definitely a thought. Kolb has some talent and would be way better than anyone we have on our current roster. We could still get a talented pass rusher, CB or 3-4 DE at #22. I guess it depends on where the Niners finish after this weekend. Giving up the #6 or #7 pick is a lot more palatable than giving up the #2 pick.
I think Kolb will start against the Cowboys this weekend so I’ll be watching (I have the NFL Package). Even if we have the second overall pick in the draft I would still swop with the Eagles. Maybe I would swop just our 1st.
I'd do this trade if i knew we could get WR Justin Blackmon. Dude is an Andre Johnson 2.0

Also, i think the only way i'd want Kolb is if he came with Marty or Harb as his coach.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Kolb looked pretty timid out there today. I really hope Philly lowers their price tag.
Originally posted by Amir_Mamu:
Originally posted by Paul_Hofer:
I'm not in favor of halfway measures. Let's trade our 2011 and 2012 first round picks for Carolina's rights to Luck. If need be, throw in our 2011 fourth round pick and/or Chilo Rachal. Move Anthony Davis to RG and sign a FA RT.

This. I like Kolb, I really do, but I'd rather do whatever it takes to get Luck.

I this your this.
Share 49ersWebzone