There are 144 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Flipping First Rounders with the Eagles in Acquiring Kevin Kolb

Originally posted by dj43:
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
They would probably swap 1st-rounders with us for Kolb, but would also require our 2nd this year (at least). If Harbaugh is the head coach, I'd do this...I don't think Kolb is a superstar, but he's at least projected to be as good (if not better) than Matt Cassel, who's having a great year with the Chiefs.

Kolb is the kind of QB you can begin to build around and help stabilize the organization (again, like the Chiefs did with Cassel), then draft a long-term answer to develop behind him. So he may not be the "future" in the sense he can return the team to Super Bowl glory, but he could be the "present," and help the team return to respectability while the "future" develops.

With that later 1st pick, I'd go best pass rusher available or best DB.
What pass rusher do you see available at #22? DB?

Possibly: Von Miller, Ryan Kerrigan, Allen Bailey (potentially) or Jeremy Beal.
Sounds like too much for Kolb. Many QBs in this draft, and eagles have to part ways with him--he'll demand it. If we loose and have a top 4 pick, then absolutely not. I'd sell the farm for Luck. Think about it, would anyone actually think twice about trading Davis, Iupati, Mays, Bowman, Dixon, Adams, and Williams (forgetting anyone?) for a chance at the next Manning? No brainer! Not saying we literally trade every pick, but if we're top 5, and give up our 1st, 2nd, next year's 2nd and 3rd, it might be enough. Maybe throw in a young player (Mays? Bowman? Morgan? Walker? Dixon? Any of them have value?)
- I doubt Andy Reed lets go of Kolb due to the injury potential with Vick. Even last night after the game Vick said he heard a pop in his leg but gutted out the night.
-If we are close to the 10th slot I would be more inclined to swap but not much more, may be add the 4th rounder we have from San Diego
-If we lose the last game and a couple of 4 win teams win then no, we could be up in the top 5
-AJ Green? Yes please!
-If we swap and pick around 25 then probably a DE like JJ Watt or Cameron Jordan look like best value but there could be a pass rusher around like Von Miller
-We need the 2nd and 3rd rounders for DB help, I really don't want to use those to get Kolb
Why waste a top 10 pick on a backup that has had little experience, with big weapons surrounding him?

If we bring in a WCO, I am for it somewhat, however I have said this before....Kolb would be just like a rookie if we run anything but a WCO...
They would probably swap 1st-rounders with us for Kolb, but would also require our 2nd this year (at least). If Harbaugh is the head coach, I'd do this...I don't think Kolb is a superstar, but he's at least projected to be as good (if not better) than Matt Cassel, who's having a great year with the Chiefs.

Kolb is the kind of QB you can begin to build around and help stabilize the organization (again, like the Chiefs did with Cassel), then draft a long-term answer to develop behind him. So he may not be the "future" in the sense he can return the team to Super Bowl glory, but he could be the "present," and help the team return to respectability while the "future" develops.

Don't forget Akeem Ayers.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:

Definitely Akeem Ayers.
  • dj43
  • Veteran
Originally posted by OnTheClock:

I like Ayers and Kerrigan. It gets a little chancy down that low but there is still talent there.
A lot depends on our final seeding.

Carolina: 2-13 @ ATL
Buffalo: 4-11 @ NYJ
Cincinnati: 4-11 @ BAL
Denver: 4-11 SD
Houston: 5-10 JAC
Dallas: 5-10 @ PHI
Detroit: 5-10 MIN
Browns: 5-10 PIT
Arizona: 5-10 @ SF

Just my predictions. In this scenario we'd end up with the 7th pick (depending on OPP winning %). With the 7th pick, I would definitely NOT want to trade for Kolb. But its possible we could be picking 12th. I would definitely consider trading 1st rounders then.

There's always the outside possibility of us picking in the top 5. But that would require everything to go right, and I can't remember the last time that happened .

I don't think Philadelphia would want to trade Kolb until the draft. It would maximize their return, especially if Luck/Newton/Mallett/Locker are gone early. A team like Minnesota, Arizona, or Cincinnati might pull the trigger.
I like the 1st. rounder scenario and I like the 2nd. & 3rd. rd. swaps too. I think either way we win. However, with the 1st. rounder scenario, I'd need another pick or player to add to it..

I'd be more inclined to grab Carson Palmer for this purpose at little to no cost and keep my high draft pick.
Id trade for Kolb if we got Mike Mularkey. But a 1st means he has to be the answer for at least 5 years.
personally i think there may be a few qbs in this draft that will turn out to be better than kolb, aka captain checkdown. And if we're talkin WCO, i'd take luck, locker, gabbert (if he enters), and maybe ponder before trading for kolb
Originally posted by Jakemall:

I'd be more inclined to grab Carson Palmer for this purpose at little to no cost and keep my high draft pick.

Either would be fine as a veteran starter (while the QB of the future develops); just depends on the system the new head coach brings in.
I would trade our high #2 pick for him. The difference between our #1 and theirs is too big a gap.
yeah f**k that