LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 163 users in the forums

Bowl Games Prospect Watch #2 (Dec. 29-31)

Someone explain to me how Locker has gotten as much hype as he has? Sure he be athletic, but this guy can't throw for s**t.
even on the pass interference Locker's throw is off....and the one where he turned his WR around. Does he even have a tight end to throw to?

WOW 0-8 in the first half. that last one was an obvious drop by the wideout.

so far 4-28 in 2 games.
2nd round...and i am a locker fan either. on the other side, you could say "a good qb can throw his receivers open..."...the thing is that the wash receivers dont seem to be very athletic for that case.
I kinda feel bad for locker, yeah hes not accurate but his receivers cant get open for s**t. Whats he supposed to do, throw it to himself?
Locker hasn't looked Smithesque. He's looked worse. I'm very disappointed. This is a boring game. I can't wait to watch Mallet, Newton, Pryor, and other possible draft entries that will actually have a chance to THROW in the frickin' game.

Seven attempts? Seven? Wow. The only legitimate passes were thrown by the backup. Overall, it's rather sad.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Locker hasn't looked Smithesque. He's looked worse. I'm very disappointed. This is a boring game. I can't wait to watch Mallet, Newton, Pryor, and other possible draft entries that will actually have a chance to THROW in the frickin' game.

Seven attempts? Seven? Wow. The only legitimate passes were thrown by the backup. Overall, it's rather sad.

Newton has looked better every game and I really want to see how Mallet does. Gabbert already impressed me wayyyyy more than Locker.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:

have a piece of my GERMAN beer it's about 6am here in germany, stop complaining and hope for the best
Lou Holtz said it best, "You can't give Locker a minus". Receivers have dropped two passes and can't play physical enough against the corners to get any sort of separation. Also, Sark doesn't seem to want Locker to try and win this with his arm. Nebraska has a top rated pass defense so it looks like Chris Polk will win the game for WA.
Originally posted by TheGoldenState:
I kinda feel bad for locker, yeah hes not accurate but his receivers cant get open for s**t. Whats he supposed to do, throw it to himself?

His receivers are pretty slow but he's not even close on most of these throws so it wouldn't have even mattered that much.
Originally posted by AllTimeGreat:

His receivers are pretty slow but he's not even close on most of these throws so it wouldn't have even mattered that much.
Lol yeah, that whole offense besides their RB looks like s**t right now

• Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by SF69ers:
Lou Holtz said it best, "You can't give Locker a minus". Receivers have dropped two passes and can't play physical enough against the corners to get any sort of separation. Also, Sark doesn't seem to want Locker to try and win this with his arm. Nebraska has a top rated pass defense so it looks like Chris Polk will win the game for WA.

Just not the game-breaking QB he was hyped up to be. Much rather take my chances with Stanzi.
Originally posted by AllTimeGreat:

EDIT: perhaps he even isnt close b/c they can'TTTTTTTT be there in time?

[ Edited by communist on Dec 30, 2010 at 21:03:53 ]

Its because Chris Polk is such a great RB that they are in the game. Locker should have done more the last two years with having such a solid running game to work with

Basically, Sark knows if he passes more than running, they'll likely lose. I expected them to only pass if they were behind. They're not behind so they're going to run all day until they have to do something else because their defense is holding and despite their passing game doing nothing, they're hanging in there.

As I said previously, VERY boring game. I hate this kind of game. But it is what it is, I suppose...
On a positive note the Husker CB's are dominating. Lets take one of them!
Share 49ersWebzone