LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 360 users in the forums

Bowl Games Prospect Watch #2 (Dec. 29-31)

• Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
Bad decision by J. Harris. I still wanna draft Hankerson.

It'd probably have to be with a 2nd. I don't know if we'd take a WR that high unless it were someone seen as an elite prospect like Baldwin.

Yah I have a feeling he'll go in the 2nd, I had him as a 3rd round pick. This really is a pretty good year for receivers this year, so hopefully Hankerson falls a little.

The five deepest positions of this draft are OLB, QB, WR, OT, and DE.

The five thinnest, weakest positions of the draft are CB, FS, SS, RB, and OG.

I agree. Safety position is REAL thin this year, I don't see any going in the first two rounds. The only Safety I think I'd pick up in this draft would be Quinton Carter of the Sooners. I heard he runs a slow 40, but hes a hard hitter is somewhat of a ballhawk, I'd say 3rd-4th round pick??

DeAndre McDaniel? Rahim Moore? Come on it's not a great safety class but there's a few good ones out there.

Your right, but I really doubt they go in the 1st round. Not a good draft if your looking to pick up your franchise Safety.

McDaniel and Moore are monster playmakers, Kolohe. Both could go in the first round easily.

I'm not gonna bank on it, many times I've seen Safeties who make tons of plays in college but somehow fall in the draft. And I haven't heard too much hype on Safeties this year, its been all QB and DE hype so far in the media (that I've heard at least). But I'm not speaking for everyone, this is just my opinion. And I've been waiting for us to pick up a franchise Safety forever, I just don't feel that there's any in this class.
  • jimrat
  • Veteran
Originally posted by chico49erfan:
Originally posted by jimrat201:
Originally posted by mayo49:
Man Lou Holtz is hard to listen to!

You can't understand what he's saying.

I can understand what he's saying but the lisp is killing me!

He just gets super excited and spittle collects in his dentures. Keeping him on the air in prime time ith jutht thilly

LOL I keep waiting for Mark May to slap the s**t out of him!
We all know this, but the Combine will have a lot of say in whether these prospects will rise or sink in value. As of now, I'd agree that no safety looks like a clear 1st rounder. That could change, but probably only an elevation by 1 or 2 in the late 1st round.
Originally posted by mayo49:

You can't understand what he's saying.

I can understand what he's saying but the lisp is killing me!

He just gets super excited and spittle collects in his dentures. Keeping him on the air in prime time ith jutht thilly

LOL I keep waiting for Mark May to slap the s**t out of him!

He's at it again!

DUDE! Watching judge thing on College GameDay -- every single time Mark May loses he looks like he's ready to strangle the old b*****d.

Also, when's the last time that guy supported a black player? EVERY pick from his helmet sticker is white.

Thtupid rathitht.
What's the deal with Christian Ponder? He's not playing anymore and his stats looked bad. Was his elbow too messed up or whatever?
What's the deal with Christian Ponder? He's not playing anymore and his stats looked bad. Was his elbow too messed up or whatever?

He was limping, couldn't throw it. Was taking huge hits. He just looked injured and bad out there.

He was limping, couldn't throw it. Was taking huge hits. He just looked injured and bad out there.

Is he coming back or no?

Yes, looks injury related. He didn't get many opportunities from time of possession and a lot of run plays called. Aside from a couple of sacks, he had just one short check-down and then a horribly placed, wide open incompletion that would have been a TD.

Doubtful return.

Is he coming back or no?

Nope

Is he coming back or no?

Nope

Doesnt matter the Cocks suck.

When will there be a South Carolina Gamecocks vs Oregon State Beavers match up going to happen?

It'd probably have to be with a 2nd. I don't know if we'd take a WR that high unless it were someone seen as an elite prospect like Baldwin.

Yah I have a feeling he'll go in the 2nd, I had him as a 3rd round pick. This really is a pretty good year for receivers this year, so hopefully Hankerson falls a little.

I agree that DT, DE/OLB's, and WR's are really deep this year. In fact, this may be the deepest DL class I have ever seen.

The CB and OT class could go either way. I am not a big fan of the QB class. Although it looks good on the surface, I see real problems with Ponder, Mallett, Locker, and a lot of teams will overdraft to solve their QB woes. Pryor and Newton are real wildcards. The key to this class, I think, will be if Gabbert comes out.

I'll go out on a limb here and say that Andy Dalton will be the best NFL QB from senior class.
Originally posted by MadDog49er:

I agree that DT, DE/OLB's, and WR's are really deep this year. In fact, this may be the deepest DL class I have ever seen.

The CB and OT class could go either way. I am not a big fan of the QB class. Although it looks good on the surface, I see real problems with Ponder, Mallett, Locker, and a lot of teams will overdraft to solve their QB woes. Pryor and Newton are real wildcards. The key to this class, I think, will be if Gabbert comes out.

I'll go out on a limb here and say that Andy Dalton will be the best NFL QB from senior class.

Yes, finally another Dalton fan. I have a good feeling about that guy.
Originally posted by ChaunceyGardner:
Originally posted by MadDog49er:

Yes, finally another Dalton fan. I have a good feeling about that guy.

I like Dalton too, but I don't know if I can say he'll be the best. I'm gonna say Mallett lands in the right place and becomes the best out of the bunch -- unless Gabbert declares.

Again and again it's clear this draft is a crapshoot as far as QB's. I agree.. I don't love any QB in this class aside from Luck, and I hink next year's class is far less risky.

The guys I do like overall, whether top rated or not, are: Gabbert, Pryor, Dalton and Kaepernick. I think Dalton would be great to develop if we get ourselves a strong veteran to start while Dalton is groomed.

Devlin, I'm uncertain of right now. I want to see him in the DII Championship before I decide.

lol i love that old man
Share 49ersWebzone