LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 235 users in the forums

Bowl Games Prospect Watch #2 (Dec. 29-31)

I like Johnny Patrick later day 1
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Bad decision by J. Harris. I still wanna draft Hankerson.

It'd probably have to be with a 2nd. I don't know if we'd take a WR that high unless it were someone seen as an elite prospect like Baldwin.

Yah I have a feeling he'll go in the 2nd, I had him as a 3rd round pick. This really is a pretty good year for receivers this year, so hopefully Hankerson falls a little.

The five deepest positions of this draft are OLB, QB, WR, OT, and DE.

The five thinnest, weakest positions of the draft are CB, FS, SS, RB, and OG.

I agree. Safety position is REAL thin this year, I don't see any going in the first two rounds. The only Safety I think I'd pick up in this draft would be Quinton Carter of the Sooners. I heard he runs a slow 40, but hes a hard hitter is somewhat of a ballhawk, I'd say 3rd-4th round pick??

DeAndre McDaniel? Rahim Moore? Come on it's not a great safety class but there's a few good ones out there.
Bruce Miller making me proud out there today. Great performance, just a great showing today. I have to think he's going to rise over the next few months.
Bruce Miller making me proud out there today. Great performance, just a great showing today. I have to think he's going to rise over the next few months.

Yeah your guy Miller really showed up today!
Miller AGAIN making a HUGE play at the end of the game. Probably the game-sealing sack.
Bruce Miller gets my defensive player of the game award.

I tell you what, this kid reminds me a lot of the old Patriots LB's Vrabel and Bruschi. Undersized DE who will work his tail off to become perhaps one of the better linebackers in the NFL.

[ Edited by OnTheClock on Dec 31, 2010 at 16:01:48 ]
  • jimrat
  • Veteran
Man Lou Holtz is hard to listen to!
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by jimrat201:

You can't understand what he's saying.
Ponder not doing much so far. His arm is completely jacked up.. He can barely throw, so why is he even playing?

[ Edited by OnTheClock on Dec 31, 2010 at 17:23:42 ]
Yeah, Ponder is disappointing me... losing value.

Ponder not doing much so far. His arm is completely jacked up.. He can barely throw, so why is he even playing?

He shouldn't be playing. When healthly he's only OK; when injured, he's awful.
  • jimrat
  • Veteran
Originally posted by mayo49:

I can understand what he's saying but the lisp is killing me!
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by WillistheWall:

It'd probably have to be with a 2nd. I don't know if we'd take a WR that high unless it were someone seen as an elite prospect like Baldwin.

Yah I have a feeling he'll go in the 2nd, I had him as a 3rd round pick. This really is a pretty good year for receivers this year, so hopefully Hankerson falls a little.

I agree. Safety position is REAL thin this year, I don't see any going in the first two rounds. The only Safety I think I'd pick up in this draft would be Quinton Carter of the Sooners. I heard he runs a slow 40, but hes a hard hitter is somewhat of a ballhawk, I'd say 3rd-4th round pick??

DeAndre McDaniel? Rahim Moore? Come on it's not a great safety class but there's a few good ones out there.

Your right, but I really doubt they go in the 1st round. Not a good draft if your looking to pick up your franchise Safety.
Originally posted by WillistheWall:

Your right, but I really doubt they go in the 1st round. Not a good draft if your looking to pick up your franchise Safety.

McDaniel and Moore are monster playmakers, Kolohe. Both could go in the first round easily.
Originally posted by mayo49:

I can understand what he's saying but the lisp is killing me!

He just gets super excited and spittle collects in his dentures. Keeping him on the air in prime time ith jutht thilly
Share 49ersWebzone